Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare ribs, mustard slather & Memphis Dust. Pecan wood in the firebox.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I never use mustard as a rub base. But I often crave it just slathered on some meat and heated up.

• SteveFromLafayette
      SteveFromLafayette commented
      Editing a comment
      I switch it up from cook to cook, last cook was olive oil. The mustard gives a great bark.

Looks good Steve but wait until you see what I'm making tonight! I literally slaved over it all day, pic will follow in a minute, as soon as it's ready.
    Last edited by ribeyeguy; May 7, 2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

And here we go! Is that a work of art or what? It's a labor of love but believe me, it was worth every minute.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Looks like my most common weekday brunch on toasted bread.

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      It was an all day affair. Put the last spread of Skippy on it just over an hour ago and promptly fell asleep. Long day but well worth it!

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      PB and J is always awesome.

Tonight was a repeat from a couple nights ago. Front-seared burgers with fish sauce and Southern Flavor seasoning.
    Topped with generous chunk of cheddar-jack, caramelized onions, campari tomatoes and fresh spinach, on toasted bread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG9824.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	164871

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG9829.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	164872

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      So much flavor on one sandwich no sauce/condiment of any sort was used or needed

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it!! Was the fish sauce drizzled or mixed in with the ground beef?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      troymeister I mixed it in sort of. Grabbed a wad of beef and lazily put 8-10 drops on each wad & added more beef and formed them into finished patties, to kind of keep the sauce in the middle. I try to handle the patties as little as possible to keep them loose and full of pockets.

Caramelized onions and burgers are a match made in heaven.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessir Ernest

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      They certainly are, do American A&W's have buddy burgers? It's the onions that make them awesome.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      bbqoaf in my area they're not as common as they once were, 20+ yrs ago (A&Ws), and I don't recall a caramelized onion burger. I checked their local menu, half hour away from me, and it's not on the menu.

Mother's Day cake, unfortunately it get past taste test. It got got, eaten to the last crumble. Now I have to come up with another dessert

Comment

Huskee when I'm low on fish sauce.....

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        I put it in everything, salad dressing, stews, burgers, any and every sauce and marinades, homemade mayo etc.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest Great idea with sauce. One time my wife and I made a marinara sauce and for some reason it wasn't popping despite our best intentions.... I added everything I could think of to give it that zing it lacked....except fish sauce. That would've been the ticket I bet.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a bunch of anchovies in my marina sauce. I let them melt into the olive oil before adding the tomatoes.

Breakfast
      Attached Files

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Of champions!

Pastrami to be.

Up to 35% salt and water added, so I desalinated for 10 hours, changing the water once. Very light coating of prepared mustard to hold MH's pastrami rub, left uncovered in the fridge for about 40 hours. They were both labelled as points, but I think the one on the right is actually a flat. I'll cook them through the stall with cherry chunks, cool, vac seal and give them a water bath in a day or two.

Second pic is just off the smoker @ about 157*F. Good bark, still a bit tough. Cooling it down slowly for vac seal and a water bath Tuesday. Still, VERY tasty!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by richinlbrg; May 8, 2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

It was Smoked Stuffed Pork Chops ar the Johnston House last Night! Chops were Dry brined with Coarse Kosher Salt. Then Rubbed with my Spritz
        Recipie of Apple Juice, Tarragon Vinegar, Worsteshire Sauce with Lemon and Lime Juice! Then misted with Olive Oil just before going on the Weber!
        Low and Slow until the Temp was about 145-150* F then I Sauced them! I use Blue House Choice Hickory BBQ Sauce from The Blue House from
        Hitterdahl MN, 56522. Ph #: 218-962-3530! After Saucing I Reverse Seared over the Vortex in the Weber Performer Deluxe to a Final Temp of 165* F.
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Pork loin on the PBC. I was out of rub, so I made Meathead's Memphis Dust.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          I've used "the dust" on loin....

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too, 'tis great on it.

Rain in the forecast, I don't care......

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          "Rain rain go away, nah I don't care I'm smoking anyway"

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Anytime I see an Ernest post on this thread I have to check it out...and awesome as usual. My mouth is watering.

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohh, man, Ernest . JUST beautiful! You have my number ........ AGAIN! LOL

Spent the day on the back deck shooting flies that dared venture in the grill area with my trusty bug-a-salt gun while my wife prepped homework for her class. On the Weber with SNS were chicken breasts and a pork loin. Each was injected with a white wine and herb mix and then a 15 min marinade in the same. Kingsford and hickory for fuel, with a bunch of lemon thyme on the grate above the SNS. 275-300 degrees chicken came off at 167 and pork left the grill at 157. Chicken and half the pork went straight into the freezer so I could slice them tonight.

Comment

Kalbi cut beef shortrib that I use to make my Hawaiian sticky ribs and some babybacks going in the PBC. Those sticky ribs are to die for, and I just recently started doing them again because our local Sam's started carrying them finally. If you're a fan of chicken, the PBC is phenomenal. Thats all I can say. Man I love that thing...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here