Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry smoked, reverse seared chicken wings with the SnS. Huskee rib rub on half, Fox Bros Bbq rub on other half. Crisp skin!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      HRR getting some love!

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee... I told you your HRR is becoming famous.👌

El Pollo Loco* style chicken with pinto beans. It smelled so good I started eating before I remembered to snap a pic, so here is a pic with the breast partially eaten. I also snapped a pic of the leftovers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	el-pollo-one.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	158086

Name:	el-pollo-two.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	158087

*For those that don't know, El Pollo Loco is a fast food chicken chain.

Comment

Extra baby backs simmered with 2- 12oz. Cans of crushed tomatoes with oregano spices and water to cover all ribs. Simmer for 90 minutes. Fantastic!!

Comment

My wife made up a nice sized batch of pork stir-fry from my rib trimmings from Saturday. 3 large racks of baby backs (3.5lb ea) got trimmed down before smoking and the trimmings were enough to feed all 5 of us.

Name:	IMAG9761.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	158613
        Last edited by Huskee; April 19, 2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Pork shoulder

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Woof, woof... Nice bark!

Sansaire Sous-vide hamburger finished on grill grates. I'm really starting to get the hang of making a juicy burger, and man, it's a wonderful thing.

Name:	2016-04-17 21.03.32.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	158811
          I haven't posted in this thread in quite awhile, partly due to almost always forgetting to take quality pictures. Here's a quick sampling of the last few months though..

Name:	2016-03-26 19.15.59.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	158806
          ChefSteps-style Sainsaire sous-vide and grill finished leg of lamb with balsamic reduction, smashed potatoes and glassy fried herbs. You can't see the lamb well but holy cow it was nice. I really need to get up my picture taking game.

Name:	2016-01-02 19.47.03.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	158807
          Another Chef steps style recipe, turkey crown and roulade! Smoked on the weber kettle with the SNS. The roulade wasn't as pretty as it should have been, also, I'm not sure removing the 100+ tendons in a turkey leg is worth the work. I apologize if I've posted this elsewhere, I can't remember...

Name:	2016-04-16 16.37.37.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	158809
          These were smoked on the kettle with the SNS, rubbed with MMD, glazed with some Trader Joes bbq sauce, mixed with dried and chopped cayenne and a little honey.

Not great pics, but pretty darn tasty. Love a rib.
          Last edited by Flavorsavor; April 20, 2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW!!! There.....is ........a ....lot......going on here. It all looks heavenly.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Great cooks!

• Flavorsavor
            Flavorsavor commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks all!

Pork loin roast, rubbed with Montreal Poultry Rub and turbinado sugar, then smoked to an IT of 145F, then a very light sear with the searing torch. Served with steamed and buttered Brussels Sprouts and carrot and celery sticks because I forgot to buy lettuce to make salad.

Name:	pork-roast-sug1.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	158862

Name:	pork-roast-sug2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	158860

Name:	pork-roast-sug3.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	158861

Comment

Not grill related...wild rice with morel mushrooms.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              It's food and it looks great!

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for posting this... One can't grill/BBQ everyday.👍

Today is a 4.5 lb chuck roast and one rack of St Louis ribs on the kettle with SnS. The ribs are cut in half and it all fits nicely on the indirect side of the 22". The chucky got a 3-hr jump on the ribs. As pictured the chuck's been on about 5hrs and the ribs 2hrs. I added more hot water when I put the ribs on.

For my ribs I'm trying something a little different- base layer of my rub plus a topping layer of MMD. On top of that is a light brown sugar topper. These are all being smoked with a mini split of post oak.

Today's my last cook day until next week so I'm enjoying it and making work lunch food!

Name:	ribs+chuck.PNG
Views:	398
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	159204

Slow 'N Sear ribs

Name:	SnSribs4-21-16.PNG
Views:	425
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	159392
            Last edited by Huskee; April 21, 2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              How did the new flavor profile work out?

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Thunder77 They were made for my work lunches this weekend. I'll update after tonight when I've snacked on them! fzxdoc Let me tell you we were tempted to wolf them down but they weren't for dinner, burgers were. (But I get them tonight!)

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Thunder77 After snacking tonight I'll say I didn't taste much if any MMD, they tasted like my normal ribs. I think cuz my rub is a bit stronger. Although this time I used oak instead of ash or apple (my usuals), and that was different.

Last night's front-sear burgers on the Jumbo Joe

Name:	IMAG9772.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	159561

Comment

Sous vide boneless beef short ribs from Costco

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh Dang, Ernest! Yer killing me here! That looks perfect!

DUNCH...😆 Dunch is when old guys eat to late for lunch and to early for dinner.

It's 2:45pm and I was hungry... I didn't bother with lunch and didn't want to wait for dinner time to cook, so I just made Dunch.👍

I had some really nice fresh mushrooms and a leftover chicken breast from last night. I decided a chicken & mushroom Risotto would be great. Plus I had a loaf of Rosemary sourdough bread on hand to mop things up with. Risotto takes some time to do it right but it is so worth it.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks really good. I'm a sucker for chicken and mushroom anything.

I'm in the middle of cooking my first whole packer. 8 hours in and been on since last night. Took a few adjustments to get my SnS at the right spot and then I nervously went to bed. Woke up with temp showing 232 and meat 153.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like you're spot-on with temp & time! I bet you're into the stall a ways if it's still 153 after 8hrs. Is this unassisted or with a thermo-controller?

BTW I get errors when clicking your picture links....

• josht138
              josht138 commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee unassisted. I remember waking around the 5 your mark and it was 153. Just hit 162 at 10 hours. Not sure about the pics. I can see them. I just uploaded as attachments from my phone.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok I see them now, must've been a passing glitch. Lookin' good!

14 hours in. Seems to have stalled out again at 165. Most likely going to wrap to get done for dinner at 6.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that's a looong time to still be low in the stall. Must be a juicy bugger.

It's a beauty, josht138 . I'm eager to see how it turns out.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here