Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Night's S n S NY Strip....Twice Baked Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1449.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	155647 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	155648 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2735.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	155649 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1470.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	155650

Comment

ChefSteps sous vide pastrami using chuck short ribs. Smoked 7 hours at 150°F with cherry then in the HTTM for 48 hours at 149°F. The rub is SPICY with chili pepper flakes in it. Her Nibs, who is both a pastrami aficionado and possesses a cast iron palate said it was really good. Who am I to argue?
      Attached Files

Comment

Smoked turkey breast and thighs with the SnS.
      Attached Files

Comment

So yesterday I asked what everyone wanted to eat, and ribs got the vote. I decided to do a side by side comparison of Memphis Dust, and my Memphis Dry Rub. I probably will get run out of the forum for saying this, but I find MMD a little bit sweet for my taste. I like a little more zing, and a little less sweet. So I did one rack with MMD, and one with my Memphis dry rub. My son declared the MMD more "balanced, and less zesty" than my rub. Bark was a little better with MMD, but I will give up some bark to cut back on the sweetness. I like my Memphis rub better for the flavor profile. I didn't sugar my rub, but instead sprinkled sugar on the ribs first, before applying my rub. I guess I will have to make two racks of ribs every time now. The trials we endure.... :-P

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Ribs look great! Next time you make a batch of Memphis Dust try swapping out half of the Paprika for Chili Powder. So 1/4 cup paprika and 1/4 cup chili powder. That's how I always make mine.

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish I also add chilli powder to my MMD.

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the photo of Jasper! Just like my dog he loves it when I grill because he knows that samples will soon be coming.

Did a free range chicken on the PBC last nite, Just fired up the PBC per Kathryn and cooked on the Turkey hanger, I did not watch PBC temps and removed bird at 155* internal used KB and 1 small apple chunk, Wife approved.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice-looking chicken, JohnF. Wife approved is high praise.

Kathryn

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great!

More ribeyes cooking on red oak using the Buckaroo. Can't seem to get enough of these!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160404_192221609.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	155892

Comment

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          Just about. Maybe 1.5 inches.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! And I'm stuck with airport food...

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm drooling.

I grabbed a smallish prime rib (about 4lbs) on sale after easter. I have a Kamado Joe and recently got a Joetisserie and was wanting to try it out with some beef. Dry brined it overnight, then rubbed it a few hours before cooking with some mustard as glue and a good dose of Dizzy Pig Salt Lick. Back in the fridge for a few hours, then on the Joetisserie for a somewhere between an hour and an hour and half. Cooked it a bit beyond medium rare for the sake of the wife. Turned out great - best rib roast I have ever made. Out guests loved it!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by kingdarb; April 10, 2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man, that looks like heaven right there. A prime rib at, or just beyond medium rare is how I like them and it looks like you absolutely nailed it! Perfection!

• kingdarb
          kingdarb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I'm always nervous with a new recipe/technique, and I'm glad that this one worked out!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          How you like the Kick Ash basket? I bought one but have not used it yet.

We got back from our Smokey Mountain trip around noon today and I mow/weedeat the grass so I decided to do something simple for supper like thick grilled pork chops marinaded in Moore's marinade and smother with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ, fried taters and Mac & cheese. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0013.JPG
Views:	449
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	155949

Comment

• kingdarb
          kingdarb commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great! I have a couple thick chops that I'm gunna cook this week. Gives me ideas!

David Parrish I dig the Kick Ask basket, but I could live without it. I find that for me where it shines is when I want to cook really hot (i.e. searing). It seems to allow better/more airflow, so getting up to temp seems to happen faster. That said, I think that it may well burn through charcoal faster due to this, so I think I am not going to use it for low and slow anymore. As far as cleanup goes, I don't really find this any easier/faster than with the stock equipment. That said, kamado makers always seem to recommend lump as the ash from briquettes can impede airflow. I think that if one were to put briquettes in the kickash then this would not really be an issue, as the kickash maker recommends removing the bottom iron grate when the basket is being used anyways...

Comment

Comment

Looks really good!!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              It was bro. It was. : )

No such thing as leftovers huh..

Comment

Keeping it light.....

Comment

• kingdarb
                kingdarb commented
                Editing a comment
                That looks good man. I could go for a hot salad right now!

Thick cut choice ribeye. Irish butter and Montreal Steak seasoning. Cast iron skillet.
              Attached Files

Comment

New batch of Memphis Dust! Tried to bake out the clumps of brown sugar........should've probably just baked the sugar alone, but nothing burnt!
              Attached Files

Comment

• kingdarb
                kingdarb commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice! I have bunch o store bought rubs, but I gotta start making my own. Much more economical!

• SteveFromLafayette
                SteveFromLafayette commented
                Editing a comment
                Guest Go for it! I love how you can customize it to your liking!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here