Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf watching wings.😎

I took my kids and grandkids out to dinner last night. A place where they have a play area for young kids. They serve lots of BBQ selections and they had these spicy Asian style wings. They are the best wings I've ever eaten.

This morning I did a Google search for Asian sauce for chicken wings. I got 100's of of options. I picked the one with rice vinegar, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, chile sauce, fresh ginger and honey. It was guuuud.😎 Next time I'll double the chile sauce to add a little heat.👍

I cooked them in the BGE at 333° for about an hour...
    Attached Files

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      This look great. The best wings I've ever had come from a Korean/Vietnamese express take out place, the sauces are tangy and the texture stays nice and crispy even after being doused with sauce, I've read that potatoe starch is the secret.

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      I can testify to potato starch bbqoaf . I mix some to flour when making fried chicken. A little goes a long way.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Breadhead, I can almost taste those wings!

Yesterday, I dry brined a Strip Steak for 4Hrs, then rubbed both sides with Cracked Black Pepper, Minced Garlic and Olive Oil! Reverse Seared
    On the Weber and Vortex along with Dog Bones, Hickory and Apple Wood Chunks for smoke! It was a good thing the Dog Bones turned out OK
    because the Strip Steak turned out to be THE TOUGHEST STEAK I HAVE EVER COOKED! Even my S--t Bird Mutts Agree with Me?
    Oh Well What The Hell? From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• SteveFromLafayette
      SteveFromLafayette commented
      Editing a comment
      Me : "Mom, this steak is tough!"
      Mom : "It would be a lot tougher if you didn't have it! Be quiet and finish your dinner!"

Hehehe!

Comment

I haven't been posting much, but I'm still watching y'all. Here's some in n out copy burgers I made. I've never been there so I can't say how they compare. https://goo.gl/photos/FpFujfzTzMWPXUhu7

I've got some spare ribs in the SV again, they were still on sale. I did them a few days ago too, smoked them and basted, then forgot finished pic. I'm itching to do another brisket though.

Comment

Chicken Teriyaki....

Comment

Turkey pies made with the meat and stalk from my smoked turkey. Turned out amazing, don't be shy with the thyme. Also made a few SW ones with chilli powder, cumin, jalapeño, black beans, corn, yams and red pepper. Freezer is full of love.

Comment

Reverse seared boneless skinless chicken things with Huskee rib rub and my SnS. Quick and easy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160404_182135.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	154020
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by josht138 View Post
            Reverse seared boneless skinless chicken things with Huskee rib rub and my SnS. Quick and easy.
            Yum, those look tasty. What did you think of the rub on chicken?

Comment

• josht138
              josht138 commented
              Editing a comment
              It was good! I wish I had put a little more on them. I was in a rush. Boneless skinless chicken thighs are my go to when pressed for time.

Sous vide beef tongue tacos. I'm telling you, beef tongue is where it's at...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Watched my dad clean many a beef tongue growing up.

• Father87
              Father87 commented
              Editing a comment
              How'd you cook them? it*?

• josht138
              josht138 commented
              Editing a comment
              I love beef tongue. Nothing better to me than getting a warm beef tongue sandwich on challah bread from a NY style deli.

Comment

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Once people have Buffalo wings on the grill it's hard to go back to fried wings. Grilled food just tastes better. Nicely done, Jon.

Father87 I seasoned the tongue with salt, left it intact. Placed in a bag with some sliced onions and chopped tomatoes.
            Vacuum seal and dropped in 170 degrees hot tub time machine for about 30 hours.
            Strain the liquid and reduce it to a sauce consistency. Peel the tongue, shred it add it back into the sauce.
            Brown it in a skillet with the sauce when ready to eat.

Comment

• Father87
              Father87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking I may try it up until the peel part lol. Maybe some day

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              It's really not bad at all. Easier than peeling off the rib membrane

• CapeMay
              CapeMay commented
              Editing a comment
              As a kid growing up on the farm my mom, bless her, used to boil the heck out of it, slice it, and reassemble it on a serving plate.

I'd eat it with a T of horseradish.

Temperature drop here in N E Il so I dragged the box into the garage. Just had to have some Q!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              More like "BBQ Dan"!!

The beef ribs I did last weekend came out pretty good. The flavor was enormous. So beefy and rich I could only eat one. I really had a major fail on this cook. I didn't trim the fat cap off well enough. So the rub didn't sit very well, I didn't get great bark development and the fat was a bit gelatinous. All that being said, they were good and very rich. My trimming game needs to improve big time though. Now that I have a better idea of what I am doing, next time will be better. In the pictures below, you can clearly see the fat cap that I failed to trim off. All in all, anytime you get to make a little smoke with the KBQ, its a good day. Click image for larger version

Name:	Beef rib Cutting board.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	154116 Click image for larger version

Name:	Beef rib.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	154117
            Last edited by Spinaker; April 5, 2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Good bark, visually appealing smoke ring and moist. It looks like a home run.

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't see anything wrong with that cook.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with Jerod, I trim very aggressively. The only fat I leave on any exterior piece of meat is brisket. Pork butts, pork & beef ribs (w/in reason) and even steaks I trim the fat off first. I'd rather have it in the trash than in a pile on my plate.

Comment

• SteveFromLafayette
              SteveFromLafayette commented
              Editing a comment
              Careful when you bite down! May have some keys hiding in there...

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Jon your photos have gotten really good recently! It'd be nice to have some of these on the ABC Facebook page=)

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              David Parrish , Sorry for the delay on this. Can I add them? Send em to you?

I'm Facebook illiterate but I do have an account.

It's been very cold in Michigan this week (it was 15 this morning). Weeknight burgers on the Smokey Joe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0454.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	154160

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang, I haven't done burgers in a long time.

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Ever since I watched the burger Webinar I've been dying to apply what I learned. These burgers turned out really well.

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Man those look tasty.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here