Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneCharmingPig View Post
    Pit Boss, any pics of the inside of that steak? She's a beauty.
    Since you asked...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12794523_947657961937230_1579389294208024985_n.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	146022

Comment

• DMac77
      DMac77 commented
      Editing a comment
      About how long did it take to get to the indirect temperature of this steak and about how thick. I want to try the slow and sear method but looking for a starting point for the cooking time.

Name:	DSCN0091.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	146028 First Tri tip. Thanks to the info on the site I think it really turned out good. Salted it this morning then seasoned with a beef rub and put it on the Camp Chef pellet grill at 225 at 5:00. Took about 1 hr 45 min to reach 125 internal temp. Had the Weber cranked up for the sear - about 4 min per side. Turned out tender and juicy. Will definitely do it again. ​

Comment

Teriyaki steak bowls tonight:

- Rice
      - Grilled Flank Steak Marinated in soy, ginger and rice vinegar
      - Poached egg
      - Avocado
      - Slaw (carrots, cabbage and red peppers shredded with a touch of rice vinegar)
      - MH's Huli Huli Teriyaki sauce
      - Finished with minced chives and crushed cashews

Comment

• PSULion
        PSULion commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks delicious 😀

The cook is done...😎 After a dry brine overnight and then a 36 hour Sous Vide cook to 131°, I cooled the short ribs in an ice bath. Then I put them in a zip-loc freezer bag and added a nice marinade. I let them marinade in the fridge for 7 hours. I fired up the 26" Weber kettle & SnS. I added corn on the cob painted with butter and sprinkled with salt and wrapped them in foil. I put on the short ribs and let them cook low and slow at 250°. I basted them a few times with more of the marinade and when they reached 140° I moved them over to the direct heat side to give them some color. These were the most tender and moist short ribs I've ever had... Mmmm
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Breadhead; March 6, 2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks divine.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! Was the corn on the whole time?

One of those days when dinners seem like rocket science...
      Found a can of sardines, sun dried tomatoes. Let's go....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        """rocket science.."""

Nowwwww I know why my pictures never look like yours.

Sorry I didn't take pictures. I just wanted to post this. I love it when I grill a steak, and I get this comment: "I don't know what you put on that steak, but it was awesome!" I don't tell them it was salt,pepper, and garlic powder, and the reverse sear using SnS! 😁 I believe it's always best to let the steak tell its own story. I made some awesome grilled sweet potato home fries to go with it.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Ribeye- salt and pepper. Others with less marbling- throw some garlic and/or onion powder in the mix

I love Spanish rice. But I get it twisted with toasted pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes.

Comment

Weeknight dinner. Last time I cooked it I dubbed it Peanut-Hoisin pork. My wife and kids heard it as "poison pork". So, that's what we call this dish. Chopped onion, red pepper, a little bit of chopped carrot and celery, mushrooms and bamboo shoots. I used pork loin which was dry brined. I cut it into chunks and seared it in the cast iron skillet. For the gravy/sauce I whisked together: Hoisin (obviously), peanut butter, soy sauce, ground white pepper, rice wine vinegar, ground cloves, ground ginger and shrimp stock. After browning the meat the aromatics were added to the skillet and sautéed until tender. Then the pork was added back in along with the mushrooms, bamboo shoots and sauce. It was covered and with the heat lowered it cooked and melded for about 15 minutes. The rice that it was served over had several dashes of fish sauce added to the water. Once the skillet was removed from the burner I threw in a handful of peanuts.

Name:	IMG_0409.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	146706

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, sauce sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea.

Just lunch...😆
        Attached Files

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          The sautéed red onions are a nice touch. I despise raw onions but can eat cooked onions all day long.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are white onions that I used some red wine to release the fond off of the bottom of the pan with.👌

• SteveFromLafayette
          SteveFromLafayette commented
          Editing a comment
          Man........yummy for my tummy.

My 1st attempt at Smoked roast beef! Wont be my last came out wonderful and didn't last very long at all Yum!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Here's the quick link to get there:
          Tell us about yourself, your cooking skills or lack thereof, your current cooking gear or lack thereof, and meet other Pitmaster Club members! This is a great second stop, the first stop being the "Help!" channel to learn your way around our forum, how to create new topics, share pics, and so on.

• josht138
          josht138 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice pics!

• vandy
          vandy commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that looks so good!!

Welcome to The Pit GadjetGriller! We're glad you're here. That's a pretty roast. And nice photography!

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Pit Boss and nice set up you guys have here.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Chicken, bacon, cheddar, apple, pickle and spinach sangers on fresh whole wheat buns from the local bakery finished with MH's SC mustard sauce.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Winner, winner, chicken dinner.😋

Dunch... Is when old people eat to late for lunch & to early for dinner.😎

It's raining in Hermosa Beach...😏 Indoor cooking for lunch.

Mushroom Risotto with asparagus with sun dried tomatoes.😉 A nice bottle of La Crema Chardonnay.

All went well.👍
        Attached Files

Comment

Well I been seeing and reading about the Tri-Tip on here so I decided to get a small one and try it. Nothing fancy just salt, pepper and garlic powder sous vide 6 hrs and sear on the kettle/sns. Now I know what the fust is all about...WOW! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014 (3).JPG
Views:	499
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	147222 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0013 (5).JPG
Views:	520
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	147221

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang son, you done good

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice cook...👍

• Sierraslick
            Sierraslick commented
            Editing a comment
            6 hours to 130 internal? Dang but that looks good. I just got a SV for Christmas and this has to be my next cook!

This is what us rednecks called a meal... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014 (4).JPG
Views:	516
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	147231

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like you cooked that cornbread in a cast iron skillet.😎

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Where is the moonpie?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            DW, nice pic of delicious comfort food!

Some of us rednecks still calls it th' same thang!

What fer bevs did y'all have? Coffee? Lemonade? Sweet tea? Corn squeezins?

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here