There are 11 page views remaining.

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

SPOTLIGHT

Some Of Our Favorite
Tools And Toys

These are not ads. These are products we love and highly recommend. Click here to read more about our medals and what they mean.

Placeholder

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

maverick PT55 thermometer

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here for more info on the Maverick PT-55 Waterproof Instant-Read Thermometer Review shown above. It may be the best value in a thermometer out there

Placeholder

G&F Suede Welder's Gloves

Heat Resistant Gloves With Extra Long Sleeves Hold The Hot Stuff

If you're using oven mitts at the grill, it's time to trade up. Say hello to these suede welder's gloves. They're heat resistant enough to handle hot grill grates, and flexible enough to handle tongs. The extra long sleeves even let you reach deep into the firebox to move hot logs without getting burned. Our Fave.

Click here to read our detailed review

Click here to order from Amazon

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

grill grates

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, keep small foods from committing suicide, kill hotspots, are easier to clean, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily removed and moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke to whatever is above. Every gas grill needs them.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

kareubequ bbq smoker

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers in the hardware stores because temperature control is so much easier. Best of all, it is only 9 delivered to your door!

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

Griddle And Deep Fryer All In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all. Plus it has a built in cutting board, garbage bag holder, and paper towel holder. An additional work table on the left side provides plenty of counter space.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

PK 360 grill

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Beautifully designed and completely portable. Meathead says it is his preferrred grill.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order it direct from PK and get a special deal for AmazingRibs.com readers only

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

the good one grill

The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with an offset smoke chamber attached. It is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

slow n sear

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet's Dual Tube Burners

the good one grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King's proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read our complete review

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

masterbuilt gas smoker

The First Propane Smoker With A Thermostat Makes This Baby Foolproof

Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Professional Steakhouse Knife Set

masterbuilt gas smoker

Our founder, Meathead, wanted the same steak knives used by steakhouses such as Peter Luger, Smith & Wollensky, Morton's, Kobe Club, Palm, and many others. So he located the manufacturer and had them stamp our name on some. They boast pointed, temper-ground, serrated, high-carbon stainless-steel, half-tang blades with excellent cutting edge ability. The beefy hardwood handle provides a comfortable grip secured by three hefty rivets. He has machine washed his more than 100 times. They have never rusted and they stay shiny without polishing. Please note that we do not make, sell, or distribute these knives, they just engrave them with our name.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

fireboard bbq thermometer

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Davey Crockett Grill

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Swiss Army Knife Of Thermometers

Placeholder

The smart folks at ThermoWorks have finally done it: The Swiss Army Knife of thermometers, two in one. Start with the industry standard food thermometer, the Thermapen MK4, (Platinum Medal winner) truly instant (2 to 3 seconds) precise (+ or – 0.7°F). Then they built in an infrared thermometer ideal for measuring the temps of pizza stones, griddles, and frying pans (also great for finding leaks around doors and windows in your house).

Click here to read our test results and comprehensive review and why it won our Platinum Medal.

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Placeholder

Char-Broil's Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you're off to the party! Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

NK-22-Ck Grill

Their NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 12, Winter 2018/2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top | #61
    A very fun Christmas dinner with a lot of hungry people.

Instead of turkey, my Mother In Law brought over
    3 Costco Rotisserie Chickens. I basically cut them up and warmed them via sous vide. They were totally delicious and moist.
    Of course you can't go wrong with a Ham on the 22.

I wanted to take pics of the spread, by the time I got my camera from the other room, the devouring began.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2305.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.19 MB ID:	613231Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2310.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	613227Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2311.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.94 MB ID:	613228Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2313.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	613226Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2315.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.09 MB ID:	613230Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2319.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	613229

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      That ham looked just fantastic!!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I could like that 2x , great meal with family ... does it get any better ????

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Nice crowd!

• Top | #62
    Well the Troutman cleaned out the garage freezer to make room for some newly acquired product, so we had a 4 day beef-a-palooza at the old homestead. I think I cooked on everyone of my cookers except the Jumbo Joey (I did wish him a Merry Christmas though !!). So in no particular order, I only took a few out of what could have been a bunch of pix;

Some skewers made up of tenderloin chain and end cuts paired with chicken thigh meat ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	skewer 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	894.4 KB
ID:	613235Click image for larger version

Name:	skewer 02.jpg
Size:	899.0 KB
ID:	613234Click image for larger version

Name:	skewer 03.jpg
Size:	788.5 KB
ID:	613233Click image for larger version

Name:	skewer 04.jpg
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	613236

I had a small trimmed brisket point end I usually make into pastrami but decided to go Texas traditional ....

Name:	brisket 01.jpg
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	613241Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket 02.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	613237Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket 03.jpg
Size:	746.2 KB
ID:	613238Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket 04.jpg
Size:	781.5 KB
ID:	613240Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket 05.jpg
Size:	781.0 KB
ID:	613239

Then the Christmas official dinner, did a Prime Rib on the Weber kettle along with some bacon wrapped chicken thigh meat and some other sides .....

Name:	prime rib 01.jpg
Size:	755.9 KB
ID:	613244Click image for larger version

Name:	prime rib 02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	578.2 KB
ID:	613242Click image for larger version

Name:	prime rib 03.jpg
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	613243Click image for larger version

Name:	prime rib 04.jpg
Size:	734.4 KB
ID:	613245

All and all a fun 4 days of smoking and eating ..... may have to go on a New Years diet .... ugh ...

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh.. This looks yumm!

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. That all looks fantastic.

• Top | #63
    Somebody stop me, I've been baking bread for 4 days straight! I recently got the baking itch and bought Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast by Ken Forkish and have been having a lot of fun since. Ken's recipes are all by hand, easy to follow, and produce wonderful results. I got up a 4:00 AM on Xmas eve morn and Xmas morn to make bread, then slept in to 5:00 this AM to bake an overnight fermentation. Will be making pizzas and focaccia with the abundant leftovers. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Name:	rr.4.jpg
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	613288

Name:	rr.2.jpg
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	613289

This mornings bake

Name:	bread.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	613290

Oh, and America. Just because.

Name:	merica.jpg
Size:	924.8 KB
ID:	613291

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      mrteddyprincess I think I could easily do that in Spartacus (WSCG) or the pellet pooper. Ken's recipes call for baking in DO's so I'm not sure if wood fire would add much. My understanding of using a DO or cloche is that they trap steam which aids in crust formation.

• mrteddyprincess
      mrteddyprincess commented
      Editing a comment
      My hypothesis is that a pan of water in the smoker would help the crust develop. My bread prior to reading this book had good crust in my oven. I used a pan of water in the oven. Now I need to test this hypothesis and share the results!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      mrteddyprincess CaptainMike - the pan of steaming water in the cooker is a method we've used many times effectively. "We" being mostly my wife, the breadmaker.

• Top | #64
    Fixed up some Pork Belly Burnt Ends for Christmas Eve using Malcolm Reed's recipe...

For Christmas Dinner cooked my first Prime Rb...Seasoned it overnight with Butcher BBQ Steak & Brisket Rub (which has become one of my go to all purpose seasonings) then just before cooking seasoned with black pepper and a mix of dried herbs, oregano, thyme, etc....I also made a garlic herb compound butter...

Name:	IMG_0088.JPG
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	613323Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.JPG
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	613324

Name:	IMG_0549.JPG
Size:	5.15 MB
ID:	613326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0547.JPG
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	613327Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548.JPG
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	613325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546.JPG
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	613328

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I made these too. They are a crowd favorite.

• Top | #65
    Well as you can imagine Prime Rib was on the menu. I did two dry aged roasts via sous vide. First I seared them on my Marquette, then bagged them and sous vide them 129 X6 hours. Then I threw on the rub and put it on the convection oven at 600 F. The results were spectacular, and easy.

Name:	IMG_3262.jpg
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	613333Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3257.jpeg
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	613334Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3284.jpeg
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	613335Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3278.jpeg
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	613336
    I also fried a roast that I got from a work vendor, so I didn't think it was a big deal if I screwed it up. The crust was amazing, but I over cooked it. However, the theory holds true, you can deep fry one. I just had too much other stuff going on. I will re do this one at some point.

Name:	IMG_3270.jpeg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	613338Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3273.jpeg
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	613337

I also got a new Chef's Beanie. I know HouseHomey would be proud of me.......

Name:	IMG_3268.jpg
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	613339

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, I just drop it in the deep fryer. Troutman

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking pretty sporty there chef!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the duck bill cap better. I have one just like it :-)

• Top | #66
    My Christmas plate. Kept it simple with ham, mashed cauliflower, and salad.

Name:	20181225_190816.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	613361

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice photo!

• Top | #67

Name:	83C7F770-2591-45BB-BEA7-C0144347F278.jpeg
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	613405 Well I’m not actually cooking but I wanted to show off a gift. My reputation is growing! And y’all know why...all here and of course Meathead

Comment

• Top | #68
      My wife really likes turkey - we have around 6 of them in the freezer that we bought on sale at Thanksgiving. The one I smoked at Thanksgiving was eaten Thanksgiving, and she has been after me to do another. Of course I forgot to thaw any of them out, but I found a 14lb Butterball at the local Food City that was not frozen on Monday afternoon. I was doing a brisket on the WSM, so I decided to do the turkey on the kettle/SNS combo. I rubbed it down with some can't believe it's not butter and seasoned it up with some memphis dust (I had some of it on hand, and was too lazy to make anything else) and a little kosher salt. 330 held easy on the SNS, around 2 1/2 - 3 hours later we had this: Click image for larger version  Name:	20181224_194527.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	613505
      Skin was much better than the one I did on the WSM Thanksgiving. This is my new turkey cooker. And the memphis dust turned out great. Even better, I was able to use my secret santa gift from @Dan Clark:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20181224_190259.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	613506
      Last edited by klflowers; December 26th, 2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Job, Brother!

That bird looks tasty!!!!

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, EdF, Mr. Bones. It was pretty good.

• Top | #69
      Christmas Rib Roast. Overcooked the Spinalis slightly, but was still tender and juicy. My 15 year old niece seemed to like it amongst all the dramatic sighs and exasperated eye-rolls.

7ish pound Choice roast from Vons, kinda Cow Crust rub.

Name:	IMG_4092.JPG
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	613569

Name:	IMG_4093.JPG
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	613570

Name:	IMG_4095.JPG
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	613568

One of these days I'll get my Moms' oven properly figured out.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks good from here.

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        It was, It's just my tendency to pick apart every cook I do. Also trying to figure out all the beeps, boops, and pings on my Moms'*oven. I think I'm 7 years in to cooking rib roasts on the thing and I still have to go find the manual every time. (My mom doesn't know how the bloody thing works, either.)

• Top | #70
      Sous vide spatchcocked duck and chicken stock, wine and duck fat braised baby potatoes

Name:	potatoes.jpg
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	613580

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous E man

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF I did 140 degrees Overnight. I'd say about 12 hours maybe? I had 2 ducks, one finished in a 400 degrees grill. This one was flash fried

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        You had me at "Duck fat braised" :-)

• Top | #71

Name:	Rib roast XMas 18.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	613586 Our rib roast. It was a Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Top | #72

Name:	20181226_162208.jpg
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	613746Click image for larger version

Name:	20181226_162421.jpg
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	613747 Obligatory brisket post. First Prime brisket. Moist and tender. Thank you all.

Comment

• Top | #73
          Well, sadly I didn’t take many pics tonight, as I was racing the clock to have 12 pounds of wings ready for dinner for my son’s birthday. Technique this time was to direct grill on Grillgrates for about 45 minutes, THEN dunk them in my deep fryer for several minutes, 12-15 at a time. Made for Smokey yet very crispy wings, which I then tossed in my homemade buffalo sauce.

I had the Performer, the Genesis and a table with the deep fryer all lined up outside. Manning 2 grills and the fryer plus cooking sauce inside on the stove kept me busy for a bit!

I wish I had a post fry picture, but they are long gone now... definitely a technique I will do again. Grilling rather than par frying for my first pass on the wings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CFB4CE0B-AD6A-46E5-9872-781C5CF6B77B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.89 MB ID:	613749

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Noble gesture, love the char on those wings

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks fabulous

• Top | #74
          Reverse seared lamb. Smoked whole, then cut and seared to appetizer portions.

Name:	FF82D474-5E30-46E9-A3D5-D09C9905AEC6.jpeg
Size:	4.17 MB
ID:	613815

Name:	BE3A6A5D-6864-4190-BA42-9366B0A57BD6.jpeg
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	613816

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought a rack on sale at the store, will have to try your method, looks good !!

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the inside of your PK. That thing gets used. Love it!

• Top | #75
          Pineapple and clove glazed ham.

Slices escaped pictures.

Name:	501CC5C9-BD80-46DC-9C30-F462CA1D9BD2.jpeg
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	613820

Comment

Working...
          X