Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The July 4th spread. Flank steak (I use a Mediterranean marinade for it usually), chicken breast and back ribs for the meat. Deviled eggs, oriental chicken salad, potato salad, Mediterranean pasta salad and fruit salad for the sides. Had 10 people total, including the wife and I, the kids, plus six guests. Nothing survived.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7750.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	191698

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot to mention .... cooked the flank steak and chicken on the Hasty-Bake and the ribs on the WSM. Love having two cookers now.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper Beautiful. I love deviled eggs! You'll really love it when you have 3 or 4 cookers :-)

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      fuzzydaddy deviled eggs are probably my favorite side for a summer meal! I'm trying to convince the wife that I could take one of the yard and make it into an outdoor kitchen and Tiki Bar .....

Left over brisket sandwich. Hunk of brisket point reheated in the HTTM, sliced, put on a toasted garlic roll, topped with some slivered red onion, a drizzle of Barrister DEW's Rum Molasses BBQ Sauce and pepper jack cheese. Popped under the broiler to melt the cheese. It was absolutely delicious:

Name:	ProShot_20160706_202037-01.jpeg
Views:	340
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	191717

Name:	ProShot_20160706_202155-02.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	191719

Name:	ProShot_20160706_202539-01.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	191718

Name:	ProShot_20160706_202755-02.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	191720

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmm, it all looks delicious! Well done!

From the other day. I was out of sandwich bread, so I decided to do some burger buns while I was at it. This recipe rises so high that I decided to try to force the buns to spread rather than rise. That did not work for two reasons. 1 - I put the buns too close together on the pan, and 2 - the rise was strong enough to raise the half sheet pan with 8 lbs of water on it anyway. So I wound up with very tall slider buns. That's OK because they still taste great and are very tender. I did freeze them two to a pack, but I'm thinking I should have done three. BTW - this bake was in the oven because I don't want smoke on my sandwich bread, and burgers should have enough smoke without adding smoke to the bun.

Name:	A07Y4932.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	191760

Name:	A07Y4938.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	191761

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be right over

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Love fresh bread! Yours looks great.

Just a few beer brats on the Weber kettle / SnS Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	191915

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take the pan in the foreground please.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      I'VE seen that pic before! Thanks for posting it to the Adrenaline Barbecue Facebook Page!

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome David Parrish ...for some reason I had a lot of shares

BBBR'd brisket for my brother's stag party tomorrow that just went on the kettle.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's going to be some big bad beef for sure.

Tomorrow's dinner. 8 lb butt with MMD rub with a couple of chunks of plum, and 1 oak for good measure. The binder clips fixed my air eakage problem. I am still learning the SNS and 225 degrees remains elusive, but I have managed to groove 235 for a good while now. I can live with that for now.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      225° to 240°... All is good in the low and slow world.👍

RonB ... Nice looking buns. I like their color and adding the sesame seeds makes them sexy.😆

The burger buns you buy at the grocery store are all perfectly round and uniform in size. The is achieved by putting your dough in ring molds.

Freestanding buns, not in a ring mold, will be different sizes and they will expand outwardly not upwardly.

You can make ring molds out of Aluminum foil or you can buy them on Amazon.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest - Thanx. I actually wanted them to spread more and rise less. Next time I may try increasing the hydration a bit although I know that will make handling the dough more difficult.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB ... Handling real high hydration dough like ciabatta is just another learning curve. Try it a few times and it becomes routine.👍

The aroma is nearly as intoxicating as the bourbon I'm sipping while enjoying this pleasant night.

Comment

My first brisket flat went on the Karubecue about 90 mins ago. Did a full packer last time. Beautiful day, sitting in the shade with hard cider and a book.

Comment

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like goodness about to happen! Please show us the money shot on this deal!

• badf00d
        badf00d commented
        Editing a comment
        CeramicChef - will do. It has Oakridge BBQ Black Ops rub on it. Going the distance on this one without the hot tub because of the shorter cook time.

Well, I've been doing a lot on the new WSM and I can't have my Hasty-Bake getting lonely. Side note ... We should have a section just for Hasty-Bakes, dang it. Anyhow, cooked a tri-tip last night and going to make lamb mechoui tonight. Here's the tri-tip cook. I took it up to medium to medium-well range cause then my wife will eat it. Still great.

Technique - dry brined with Montreal steak rub for 6 hours. Light one chimney of Kingsford Professional (lights fast, tons of heat). Load 4 small chunks of hickory into the firebox (didn't have any red oak this time) and dump the hot coals on top of the hickory. Let the grill temp come up to about 275 and then put the tri-tip on the indirect side. When the IT is where I want it based on my Thermapen, over to the direct side with the firebox cranked right to the top ... Probe said my grill temp was 845! Sear for about 3 minutes per side, bring it in and slice.
      Attached Files

Comment

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful Tri-Tip! Kudos.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I just had a huge red oak cut down in my backyard and I kept a decent amount of it for firepit/smoker use. Let me know if you want some. A large USPS flat rate box full would get you several cooks.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R I would love 15-20 lbs. my family is from the southern end of the Central Valley in CA. Like Visalia and so forth. Red Oak is what you cook on ... I'll ping you privately?

My 2nd cook on the Rec Tec RT-680. I used their pellet blend. I also used a 6" Smoke tube with their blend of Hickory... It provided HEAVY smoke for about 2 hours. For a thermometer... an iGrill Mini linked to my iPhone 6. These are Costco Ribs (Baby Backs, pretty sure). Three slabs in the vacuum sealed bag. $22. I make my own rub, and applied liberally, then used the 3-2-1 method (3 hours at 225, 2 hours in the crutch at 225, and the last hour at 230, basted lightly with Sweet Baby Rays (yep... it's my favorite). I've had better ribs, buy only in Memphis at BB Kings... just saying. So... I'm pretty proud of them! They fed me, my wife, daughter, and 4 adult men... but all of us would have eaten more, so next time it's 6 racks!

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look outstanding. The Costco back ribs in the cryovac are the best .... Tons of meat on them, no silver skin, never had a bad package.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Your ribs look super.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Your ribs look delicious! Well done.

Daughter's 9th birthday. She demanded a BBQ spread......

Baked in the KBQ...

Then brought out Sir SnS....

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Lucky! My 10 year old demands pizza and ice cream...

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        @PitBoss you gotta work on that. My daughter wanted pulled pork ;-)

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        BEAUTIFUL!! I knew that was your cook without even looking at the poster's name.

#neednewthesaurus !

Oh

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        You've gotta work on the smoke ring. Lol. Beautiful!

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        fuzzydaddy HEHE! You reckon

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh Yeah.......!!!!....

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
      Oh
      New Rule: Pics are no longer sufficient to provide proof that something happened! You must now provide actual samples! I'll PM you my address ... ...

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha

Aaand the result of my late night sitting by the smoker until I was confident enough with temperature control to go to bed:

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful, and the photo is outstanding!

• Mitchl
        Mitchl commented
        Editing a comment
        Verrry nice.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here