Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same burgers that Huskee had last night (Pat Lafrieda) and I have to say they were awesome. Will I buy them again? Yes I will. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	188888

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      At least I can spell tomatotae

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where's the Beef?

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      It's under the salad cover with cheese. I also didn't realize that the buns were so big but I'm not complaining it was delicous

My Pat LaFreida burger, again, same as DWCowles has^.

I made some with havarti cheese (Excellent on burgers by the way) and some with Raclette (even excellenter). Raclette is an excellent cheese that we usually just slice and eat with wine...but it's very popular as a melted cheese too. First time using it on burgers, but not the last. I like my cheese semi-melted, not running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0169.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	188899

Name:	IMAG0168.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	188900

Comment

These butts is for my grandbaby's birthday party tomorrow. She will be 3 yrs old Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.1.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	188913

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        There NOTHING better in this whole wide world than a grand child. However that pork butt might run a close 2nd.
        Last edited by Breadhead; July 2, 2016, 07:43 AM.

Are those the 8 oz or the 6 oz Pat Lafreida burgers you guys are showing, DWCowles and Huskee ?

K.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        They are the 6 oz fzxdoc but next time I going to try the 8 oz

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know, DWCowles . Thanks!

Plum-peach cobbler. Pie crust bottom and biscuit top (both Pillsbury). Cooked filling with candied ginger, cardamom and star anise. Biggest PITA was fishing the cardamom pods and anise pieces out of the goop. Update: removed goop from "cobbler", repotted to a round. No bottom crust. For next time, plum only, maybe no ginger, bottom crust (blind baked), top lattice. Less water. Maybe some cornstarch or gelatin to the goop.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Potkettleblack; July 3, 2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB wife is a big believer in Pillsbury pre made pie crusts. I'm more willing to experiment. I have some leaf lard just begging to be made into a pie crust.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Sneak Kenji's crust in a recipe one time, and she'll never go back. If you cut the sugar a bit it makes a great savory crust. Maybe a pot pie with the protein of your choice for the filling.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Also lacking a stand mixer, so not likely to go with Kenji's recipe which seems to assume possession of one.

Big thanks to Potkettleblack for the SV help!

Carrots. Love this rack to help floatable things stay down without having to put silverware in my bags.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        How'd they come out? Anything else in the bag. Apparently maple syrup produces a nice glazed carrot base in the bag with the carrots, the. A quick cook down on the stove.

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect I didn't have anything else in the bag I just put a little butter and some Tony's Chachere's on them after I got them out.

• CapeMay
        CapeMay commented
        Editing a comment
        Potkettleblack - I like adding honey & unsalted butter to the bag. Then serve with flaky sea salt and chopped roasted filberts.

Something light before tomorrow's brisket. Grilled Opah steaks with stir-fired Chinese brocolli.

Name:	IMG_20160702_200303117.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	189458

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes simple foods are the best--no fuss, just great tasting food. That's what your plate looks like, theroc . I bet it was delicious.

Kathryn

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fzxdoc. Yes, the dinner was very tasty. Opah is a great grilling fish, especially with grill grates!

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice and simple. Kudos!

I like your choice in place mats. I have the very same thing. Love it a lot.

Comment

• Juddlight
        Juddlight commented
        Editing a comment
        Once again a cpl pics wldnt go thru but i grilled this sausage roll for breakfast...yum!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah! Awesome. I would definitely eat that!

Jalapeño poppers and burger bowls stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, onions, bacon and provolone cheese.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        He's got a mobile pit. I'm thinking he should tour the country.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy yummy!

• SoonerBQuer
        SoonerBQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been wanting to vacation with the pit, . Do you all live near a beach?

Chorizo, onion, pablano and asadero stuffed pork loin.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        If I'm not curing a pork loin it better have a lot of stuff mixed with it to give it some flavor. That dude is LOADED!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Can wait to see it when it's finished.

• SoonerBQuer
        SoonerBQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        I left it cooking a bit long, so on the dry side but the flavor was great!

Reheating chopped brisket, yummy.
      Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed.

Had 3 racks of baby backs that just HAD to be cooked today!! OHHH, wellll. LOL

Dry brined yesterday, slathered with mustard last evening, rubbed an on the kettle with the SnS XL and hickory chunks.

Here are 3 of the ribs. Not bad- edible and decent smoke ring, too.
      Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Now don't be modest, richinlbrg. That's a heckuva smoke ring on those ribs! I bet they taste great--MMD rub?

Kathryn

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        They look really good and yeah, that's a fine smoke ring!

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        #pleased with the ring! NO fzxdoc , not MMD, my own which, as we discovered in yet another side by side comparison, is fairly similar in taste to MMD. Among other things, mine includes cocoa and espresso.

They are pretty good. Thank you both! Means a lot from you two!
        Last edited by richinlbrg; July 3, 2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Good thing the ribs were done, I needed to start dinner.

Trying something different.
      8# bone in rib roast (1st 3 ribs). Coated last night with our go to steak rub, Montreal. Onto the kettle with one chunk of whiskey barrel oak, bone up, with a chilly 39*F internal temp. I'll bring it up to an internal temp of about 110*F, remove it and dial up some serious heat on the XL, then direct sear individual steaks.

Will be joined on the plate by my onion sauce and Brussels Sprouts (did I FINALLY get that right, Huskee ?) and some good wine!

Why do it this way? Cuz. I feel like trying something different. Might be stupid, but I'll know for sure in a few hours.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        #Pron

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not gonna complain about how you did it - it looks super to me.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        With results like that, who needs sous vide?

PBC 10lb shoulder

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good woof.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks awesome!

• cosmo
        cosmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Have to figure out why my pics never come out way i want them - right side up and larger!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here