Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadhead has got me addicted to this. Had my sourdough starter for a few weeks now so I decided make some bread. Originally, I had planned to just use the kitchen oven. But changed my mind and used the WCS. I did have a small water pan in the bottom and tried to stay close to 450°F. Ended up over shooting to 475 or so. I just took it off a little earlier. No left overs😞. Guess I did pretty good. Easier than you think. Here are a couple of picts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4836.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	186279 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4839.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	186280
    Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB ... Here's detailed instructions on how to do it. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ourdough-bread

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Breadhead - thanx, but I've baked a lot of bread - just not on the grill. I do need to bake something on the grill - maybe my go to hamburger buns, (although I also need to try your bun recipe too....). Decisions, decisions...

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB ... You have bread baking experience so the Brioche Hamburger Buns will be easy for you. Click on the link for Chef Jacob in the first paragraph of Meathead's post for the recipe. He did a video of EXACTLY how to do it. If and when you make them, post a picture.👍

Mixed day. Short rib bark bombs for the early go. Lobster tails and best available (aka all crooked) corn.

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      those bark bombs do look scruptious!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Those ribs are barked-up big time!

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Wife said they were better than the lobster. I think they would have been better fresh off the grill, 2 hours held at temp, then served. But, happy wife, happy life.

Howdy again Meathead Maniacs!

I had a couple of pounds of hamburger that needed to be eaten and I had a couple of friends coming over to just hang out, drink some beer, burn a few burgers, watch some baseball, nothing big. I thought rather than burgers, I'd do enchiladas. I had one couple bring black beans, another chips and salsa for nachos, and another bring more beer. I called an audible and switched from burgers to enchiladas. Browned up the meat, onions, peppers, etc. and made a quick great sauce.

Here are the enchis rolled and in the pan and on the main grate in TheBeast.

Here is the pan just prior to the pull.

Here is the closeup view that shows the cheese just the right color of brown for my guests and me. Just an ever so slight crunch there that was quite tasty.

And finally the money shot.

This was just a simple and quick enchi cook that worked out quite well. We all had our fill of food and beer and had a great time shooting the breeze. Good audible at the line. I hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Huskee; June 27, 2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! You guys make me smile. "... do something awful ..." If you only knew how bad some things can get! LOL!

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just awesome!

• Juddlight
      Juddlight commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks awsome man...good cook!

Spatchcocked Peruvian Chicken with Aji Sauce

The directions call for the chicken to be cooked on a rotisserie but I do not have one...yet. So I spatchcocked the chicken. After marinading for 24 hours the chicken went on the indirect side of a 350-385F grill. When the breast meat hit 110 internal temperature I spun the chicken around so the opposite side was nearest to the direct heat. I made both a traditional (hot and spicy) Aji sauce and one with no heat for Leah. I mixed the two together to get a nice medium heat for myself. These were made the day prior and sat in the fridge overnight. I was very happy to find a huge Campare Foods near the office and was able to get the two authentic key ingredients.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1649.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	186930

Name:	IMG_1650.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	186931

Name:	IMG_1651.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	186932

Name:	IMG_1652.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	186933
    Thigh, leg, wing, and a little breast meat. Feta, tomato, pepper, cucumber salad and Aji sauce.
    Last edited by martybartram; June 28, 2016, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful chicken cook!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great martybartram . Please let us know if you used my recipe as a jumping off point, or some other one.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Fresh!

Darn you martybartram - yet another recipe I need to check out.

Comment

martybartram

Recipes, we need recipes!

I copied Dewesq55 's recipe a long time ago, and am wondering if your Peruvian Chicken with Ahi Sauce is different in any way except for the fact he used a rotisserie. Here's the link to his recipe:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rasa#post59949

Your chicken feast looks amazing!

Kathryn

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Although, I just noticed that martybartram has a Peruvian secretary in his office. Perhaps he used her recipe. If so, I want it!

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        That is the one I used! as well as the link to the Aji sauce.

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        I brought some in to her today. It passed the Peruvian test!

I just realised that I have never seen a Peruvian chix at the grocery. Are they imported live or frozen, and what's different from an American chicken?? LOL while running and ducking.

Comment

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        American Rooster to American Chicken: Hey momma chicken want to cluck?
        American Rooster to Peruvian Chicken: Hey pollo mamá quiere cacarear ?

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just corrected by the expert: Oye la gallina quiere cacarear

My wife wanted peppers and onions + sausage. To that I added mushrooms, flank steak and a little ciabatta bread. Sausage went in first, indirect, with a small chunk of pecan. The sausage was then seared along with the flank steak.

Name:	IMG_0591.JPG
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	187253

I used the Weber Gourmet BBQ system. The peppers and onions went in first with their own sauce.

Name:	IMG_0592.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	187254

Then the mushrooms went in lightly dressed in a different sauce.

Name:	IMG_0593.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	187256

Once the wok was removed from the heat the steak and sausage were cut up and added.

Name:	image_22783.jpg
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	187252

It was then plated and served with a nice Malbec.

Name:	IMG_0595.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	187255
      Last edited by JeffJ; June 28, 2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum. It's great to see the Weber BBQ System wok in action.

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        That is lovely and makes me feel guilty for giving my wife leftovers last night!

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Making my MCS question itself. To get the Gourmet system next year, or a rotisserie? Hard call. Probably still on for the rotisserie.

BBQ Turkey breast being sliced for sangers today. Skin removed, bone in, dry brined, MMD rubbed, smoked over cherry and finished with Diana Sauce original. The hole in he middle is from my temp probe. I haven't done one of these in a while and was reminded of how tasty they are.

Comment

Man i have alot of really nice pics and still cant upload from my cellphone gallery...made grilled spaghetti again with meatheads MMS sooo good😆

Comment

I did Picanha this weekend. Man, that cut of meat is delicious! Just the way I like it, cooked with salt, enjoyed with red wine. The South Americans know how to 'cue.

The meat, with a glorious fat cap

Name:	picanha2.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	187554

Here it is flipped upside down

Name:	picanha1.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	187555

Using a looftlighter to fire up the kettle

Name:	picanha3.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	187557

Got nice ashed over briquettes (was at a friend's house, that's why the SnS is missing)

Name:	picanha4.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	187558

Here the picanha is ready for searing, it's been on for an hour on the indirect side

Name:	picanha5.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	187556

Now I wish I could show you pics of the sliced and plated meat, but it (the slices of meat) just magically disappeared fast . However, I did serve them with a chimichurri.

Comment

Henrik that's a nice cut of meat. Yeah, my first thought was where's the SnS before I read more. What internal temp did you take it to? Congrats on the cook!

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I cooked it indirect until IT was 130° F (55° C). Then I seared it until IT was 140° F (60° C). Checked with my reliable Thermapen.

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank-you!

Goose Breast Pastrami

A hunting friend of mine gave me some Canada goose breast. After trimming and taking off the silverskin, I had about 2.5 pounds of meat. 5 nice sized breast halves.

All the recipes I saw on other sites were for dry cured meat. I wasn't brave enough to try that, since I didn't think I could accurately measure 1/10 of an ounce of Prague Powder. So I wound up using Meathead's recipe for wet curing corned beef.
            I let that go for 6 days. Then tonight, on went the rub!
            I used the "Close to Katz's" recipe. They are now cooling in the fridge until I smoke them tomorrow after work.
            I can't wait!

Update:
            So last night I finally got to finish this up. I had to wait out a rather long storm before I got to smoking. Anyway, fired up the Weber SNS combo, and got it up to 200. I kept it low because the meat was not that thick, and I wanted a longer time on the smoke.
            On the smoke at 8:20 pm. 2 ounces of cherry wood. 74 degrees ambient temp. Smoked 'em for about 2.5 hours at 180-200 to IT of 150. I wanted to go to bed, so I put them in the steamer to get to 160 IT.

Result? Pretty darn tasty! The texture is quite different from beef pastrami, obviously. But sliced razor thin, on rye with a schmear of mustard, yum! I will definitely be doing this again, if I can get my friend to give me more goose and duck.

SIDE NOTE: It is a very good idea to CAREFULLY READ your recipe before you start. :-P
            The recipe called for four tablespoons of coarsely ground black pepper. Well, in my haste, I just read "black pepper" and used a regular finer grind. Hoooeeee! Waaaaaay too much pepper. Luckily I was able to rescue it by rinsing off some of the rub.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Thunder77; June 29, 2016, 01:26 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! Lol on the pepper. It's kind of like Kosher salt vs table salt.

Comment

Had some more of some mmd thighs n legs but pics didnt work mb need to set cam one stwp lower

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here