Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday night after work Q on the SnSClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2866 (1).jpg
Views:	363
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	184828 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2865.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	184829

Comment

Prosciutto wrapped striped bass on my 22.5 mastertouch

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks awesome.

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      wowsers

Forgot to take pictures of the tacos, but these are onions, charred on the grill, then "pickled" in 50-50 orange-lime juice + salt, to go with my left over pulled pork, a pineapple-habanero hot sauce, some cheddar and some sour cream to make tacos.

Kinda like dummy cochinita pibil. I think I'm gonna do pibil with JKLA's recipe next month.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting flavor on their own. Fantastic on the pork. Honestly, if it didn't have the hot sauce, it wouldn't need the crema, and likely not the cheese.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice combination of flavors.👌 How many habanero's did you use? Did you devain them?

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      The hot sauce came from a bottle. Bravado Spice Company. I think it came with a box of stuff from a club, being the one thing in the box I didn't really want to own. Not bad, but really aggressively hot, in a way that is like tabasco on steroids.

Weber's "Smoked" Big Beef Back Ribs (pp. 84-5). My first ever attempt at beef ribs although I've eaten them in pro shops. I think my butcher's help - dry-aged side of prime that she usually uses for catering - made the difference. I used the recipe dry rub and the recipe plum-based glaze. Used FOGO charcoal and Clint Cantwell's, "Stack a couple layers about halfway around where the coal grate meets the kettle". I had no hickory chunks but did have two pounds on nonmoldy hickory chips so I sprinkled them liberally on the charcoal. Four hours of cooking at 220-250F (per TW 362B) yielded this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3118.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	185273 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3115.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	185274
    Last edited by Harry; June 24, 2016, 01:44 PM. Reason: EDIT - the drink is a 2:1 Whistle Pig straight rye (100 proof) & Dolins sweet vermouth with lots of salt-free Angostura - got to be healthy, you know - hence, the salt-free..

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice ribs. I should not have looked at these after dinner.

Sausage(Saasage)-Peppers-Potatoes....A Chicago ting.....Italian "Saasage" is homemade at a local grocery called "Ed's Way" Owned by Ed. I buy most of my meat there and bring it to the country house. The sausage, peppers and potatoes were initially grilled on the Weber 22 and then brought together with chicken stock...Potatoes being the thickening agent. Arugula picked from the garden with strawberries, gorgonzola and homemade caesar dressing. I am officially on vacation for 10 days

Name:	IMG_9930.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	185294 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9933.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	185295
    Last edited by troymeister; June 24, 2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy your vacation and eat well. It looks like the eating well part is covered!

Faux pasta, that's raw zucchini salted and placed in a strainer to get rid of water. Then tossed in avocado oil, garlic and anchovies sauce.

Comment

I ordered my SnS yesterday and got it today, can't ask for better service than that David Parrish
      Didn't get to cook anything low and slow but did put out some fantastic pork tenderloins and potatoes
      Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Your tenderloins look amazing and nice surface browning. Thanks for the photos! My 22" kettle is also copper - nice color choice!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear Voltron15! Nice first cook!

• Harry
        Harry commented
        Editing a comment
        As fuzz said, the tenderloin looks perfectly cooked. Nice.

Uh, I wonder if I have one in the freezer . . .

Just a quick Strip steak and porkchop from the other day! Fast, easy, tasty.
      Attached Files

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, nice, that's exactly what's on my menu tonight, cow and pig chops.

Apple Bombs with Maple Creme Fraiche. Wedge of Granny Smith apple rolled in Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head, then wrapped in bacon and dusted with more Pineapple Head. Cooked indirect for about thirty minutes, then direct for 5 or so until bacon crisps. The maple creme fraiche is the perfect accompaniment. Great dessert. Credit for A-Bombs goes to another poster on another forum.

Name:	IMG_1262.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	185681
      Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        That does not look good...it looks awesome! I picked the wrong time to loose a few bbq pounds, well some of it is ice cream pounds.

• Pequod
        Pequod commented
        Editing a comment
        Apples! Counts as a fruit serving!

Butterflied stuffed flank, with Genoa salami, fontina, parmigiana, breadcrumbs, herbs and alliums. Tasty, but has me thinking of better ways to get the flavor without the mess.

I didn't take a picture of the tied, rolled log. I made a mistake, in that the first tie should have been at .75" rather than 1.5". I made a second error in going from left to right, rather than both ends to the middle. The lack of offset is why they are different heights. I think going ends to middle would have kept more filling in.

If I were to do this again, I think I would not make a stuffing, so much as layer sliced salami, provolone, micro planed parm, and the. A seasoned breadcrumb. That would likely allow a tighter roll. But you'd lose the big gobs of fontina which really made this.

Kenji Alt Lopez technique, which I find produces good results but can be a bit finicky. I find I like more forgiving techniques. Ain't nothing but an ADHD thing.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Good knife work my friend.👍

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        I messed up the seam a bit. But I love my boning knife.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy! Well done.

A recent steak cookthat I forgot to post. Father's day grass feed NY strips.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SoonerBQuer; June 26, 2016, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a beautiful medium/medium rare.

• SoonerBQuer
        SoonerBQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, was slightly rareish but that's what the wife and I like it that way .

Another cook yesterday with two chuckies and some beef finger ribs. One chuckie was kobe, yum! Sorry the chuckies were so good we forgot pictures before it was all gone, lol
      Attached Files

Comment

Grilled tomatoes and zucchini on my BGE on the flat side of my Grill Grates. A light coating of olive oil and a light sprinkle of kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Grill grates were on top of my cooking grate, and no indirect piece. I put these on when the Grill Grates were about 300 and they topped out at about 600 in the 8 minute cook. I had the lid open during the 8 minutes and knew that the lump would crank up fast. Worked out very well.

Name:	IMG_6536.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	186085

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        And that, my friends, is the kind of stuff you can do when you know your equipment and have a bunch of experience!!

Looks GREAT, fuzzydaddy !!

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Schu-eet.👍

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Grilled veggies rock!

Bone in turkey breast for the week while I do a pastrami. Haven't done Turkey in a while, I forgot how good it is.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a beautiful piece of turkey and a nice picture too.👍

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        ^ +1 to what Breadhead said!!!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, nice cook and nice pic!

Heeeee haaaaaw!!

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's one great looking hunk o' meat!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm wiling to take any leftovers, but I doubt there were.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        fuzzydaddy steak leftovers huh? LOL

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here