Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Sunday today with the seven B's:

- BBQ
    - Backyard
    - Baby
    - Bouvier
    - Beer
    - riBs
    - sauvignon Blanc

I'm doing one rack Classic LMR style with my version of MMD (I add Chili powder and a little cayenne) and one rubbed with a 50/50 blend of yellow curry powder and white sugar to be finished with mango Chili sauce at the end.

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just informed that I forgot the eight B, my Beautiful wife!

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      The picture of the Baby and the dog is simply priceless. The dog looks to be saying "Leave my little Buddy alone!"

I'm looking forward to that little piece of FAT!!

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 a flanken cut beef short rib

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Korean marinade? Gochujang?

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 on no, none of that. Salt, pepper marinated in kiwi juice. Grill

Today: yesterday's leftover Pesto crusted pork loin, last meal pork ribs, teriyaki hoisin wings with yardbird rub, basalmic Simon and garfunkel beets, yellow seedless watermelon, homemade sauerkraut dilly beans and pickles, and a salad.

Comment

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      What a sumptuous repast! Kudos and congrats.

Beautiful pics.

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, he said humbly

Gotta have a peach cobbler to open summer

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha!

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      WOWZERS! All that's needed now is vanilla bean icecream and a big glass of cold milk.

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      Peaches are coming in this week where we live. Can't wait!

Nothing like a good ole pulled beef sammich top with horseradish sauce and caramelized onions between a fresh onion bun Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001 (3).JPG
Views:	329
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	173659

Comment

Pulled pork sandwich with MH's Columbia Gold topped with oil and vinegar cole slaw (I don't do the mayo one).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ProShot_20160529_200921-01.jpeg
Views:	365
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	173688

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great Dewesq55 ...I haven't had pulled pork this year yet but it's on my 4th of July menu.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks GREAT, Dewesq55 ! I need to try the Columbia gold! You've inspired me now!

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 - classic sandwich! Very nicely done. Kudos and congrats. And we don't do mayo on slaw of potato salad around theses parts as well.

Finished product, curry rubbed with mango Chili sauce finish on the left, classic LMR's on the right. As always, amazing.

After the smoke,the two rubs tasted pretty much the same,you couldn't really pick out the curry over anything at all. The sauces had a mild difference, but not huge. Overall, I preferred the LMR's by a hair, I'll save the curry seasoning for oven ribs.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can produce ribs that look like that... You're a real Pit Master! Nice.👍

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look amazing bbqoaf ! Downright Ernest.

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DWCowles, Breadhead and richinlbrg! Being compared to Ernest is the greatest compliment you can receive on his forum, made my day, happy Memorial Day to all.

The pictures above are humbling!

Here is the pulled pork I did yesterday - still not sure what cut it is, but made the right call to go low and slow and pull it. Apple wood chunks, probe tender @ 201*F, faux cambro for just under 2 hours.

First pic is the just pulled pork - very juicy. The second is the bones. If anyone recognizes the bones, I'd love to know what cut I'm enjoying.
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Back and short??

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Never smoked beef ribs.

Spent the weekend at a friend's house. He wanted me to walk him through a brisket. Good times!
      Attached Files

Comment

Babyback, chicken and sausage on this fine Memorial Day. Here's to those who sacrificed so that I could take the photo.

Smoke Vault
      Hickory/Cherry
      Maverick 732
      Thermo Pop.
      Attached Files

Comment

Chicken and sausage is done.
        Attached Files

Comment

First time cooking duck. Did the wings and parts low and slow. Breast was trussed and cooked low 300s and finishing at 375. Then seared. Duck was 150ish coming off sear but still managed to keep her nice and juicy and a touch red.
          Beef came off at 135 on thickest and 145 on thinnest making it his and her sides. Baked potatoes cooked on the coals in my fire pit and leftover sides from yesterday's feast.

Comment

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            I tell you what, without this site and book, I never would have tried duck. I never liked it prior too greasy. Now, having had it this way, I am a fan

• Hominskyj_pgh
            Hominskyj_pgh commented
            Editing a comment
            Without this site I never would have tried a lot of things... Haha. Glad I did.

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife is laughing at me over this production http://youtu.be/oDLAlOqZ9_k?a

fuzzydaddy, and The Pit, Seeing fuzzy's Post on his Shrimp and Seafood Boil, I had my Cooker Drug out of the Garage (damned miracle my nephew
          Didn't Kill Himself!, and we had My Version of a Low Country Boil, Frogmore Stew, some call it a Ditch Bug Boil (Crawfish)? I used about 1 1/2# Shrimp,
          1 3/4# Snow Crab Legs, +-2# New Red Potatoes, 1 Lg Vidalia Onion, 4 Cobs bicolor Corn!, 1 Ring of German Sausage, 2 - 6" Links Smoked Bratworst!
          3 TBS Morton Salt (add more), 3 Bags - McCormick Crab & Shrimp Boil, 1 Quart Budweiser Beer (use Better), +-2 Gal Water! Bring the Water and Spices to a Boil, add the Potatoes and Onions, 15-20 Min then the Corn and Sausage, after 15-20 Min Stir in Seafood generally Shrimp Last! When the
          Shrimp turn Pink they are done further cooking will make them Tough! Shrimp by Fabian Seafood, Galveston TX are flown into the Twin Cities and John
          Murphy trucks them Fresh to the Barren Waste Land!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            I like it!!!!

Just a couple racks of BBs smoked with hickory.
          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here