Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pictures so this post is probably illegal but here goes anyway. Had SnS boneless chicken breasts last night. My wife marinated them in some Southwest marinade that she came up with and I cooked them on the cool side with some hickoty until they reached 143. A one minute sear on both sides took them to 150 when I pulled them.

After sitting for about 10 minutes I drizzled some semi melted bleu cheese over both of them and we ate like a King and a Queen. I'm not working next week and just received 5 pounds of SRF ground beef (burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, etc) so hopefully there'll be plenty of pictures.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, I knew someone was going to say that.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the blue cheese idea! But remember, the key word here is SHOW us what you are cooking! 😁😁😜😜😜

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I kind of figured I'd catch some heat. I'll make up for it.

This dinner was definitely inspired by BBQ'd_Nuke and Spinaker. Bacon wrapped chicken thighs stuffed with Bulgarian sheep feta and roasted poblano and Fresno peppers (in the oven as it was pouring today) with corn on the Cobb and salad. Finished with three sauces, Sweet Baby Ray's, MH's Huli Huli Teriyaki and Mango Chili Sauce. I think our favourite was the Mango Chili, great tang with a nice bite but they were all really good. It's a holiday today here in the Great White North so we washed it down with several Steam Whistle Pilsners and a bottle of New Zealand Sauv Blanc. NZ Sauv Blanc is my go to white wine because it's cheap and delicious. This was the Stoneleigh brand but any Sauv Blanc from the Marlborough region of NZ is usually really good, don't ever pay a lot for one. Salad not shown because, as we all know......... You don't win friends with salad!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful and tasty. Great cook!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Went with the double bacon. Touché. You can never go wrong there.

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker haha, absolutely! I only had enough bacon to do a few with two strips though so some were only one. These are amazing and I can't wait for some better weather to do them on the smoker.

bbqoaf Dude, on the smoke they will be sooooo much better. Smoke them hot though. 350 F. is what I shot for when I did mine.

Comment

We had Simon & Garfunkel Chicken and Creamy Spinach Roll Ups. I did the chicken my son did the rollups-he subbed crescent dough for pastry dough.
      This was my first go round with the S&G Rub. I am definitely a fan, if it has wings its going on it! I made up a triple batch after dinner and mixed a little Thai Basil and Lemon Thyme from the garden in as well.
      Roll ups recipe: GetInMYBelly
      ​
      I also picked up a 15lb pork belly yesterday-Prague's Powder #1 is hard to find! Had to order it online.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SGC_Cooking_Log.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	172061 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	172062 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1323.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	172063 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1325.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	172064

Comment

Made my first "CaveMan Steak", I cooked it directly on top of a bed of Mesquite coals and I was very happy with the result. Now that the test was a success I am going to do it for friends this weekend.

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome, gotta love embracing your internal cave man!

Sous Vide Carnitas Tacos!!
        Killer Flavorism

Comment

• martybartram
          martybartram commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are pretty! Bet they were scrumptious!

• Harry
          Harry commented
          Editing a comment
          Prepping those sous vide would never cross my mind. BUT, my wife saw your pics so she may give it a try with my help.

Date: May 25, 2016 Weather: 88 and Sunny Location: Vass, NC
        Simon and Garfunkel Chicken, Bratwurst, Roasted Apples, Roasted Cauliflower

S&G Chicken was marinated for 24 hours, and then sprinkled with Ploughboy’s Yard Bird Rub (YBR) before putting on the grill (first time trying the YBR). It has a lovely bite!
        Johnsonville Brats were brushed with EVO
        Apples were cored (bottom left intact) and filled halfway with YBR (first time trying this).
        Cauliflower showed up towards the end of the cook when my daughter walked in with our Farm to Table weekly box (it was pick up day). I opened the box to check what we received this week and threw the cauli on naked right over the top of the SNS root side down and florets leaning out over empty water reservoir.
        There were several thighs and breasts left over from last night so they were reheated and served sans YBR.
        I halved limes and placed them on the grill at the same time as yesterday’s chicken and made them available to squeeze over whatever anyone wanted.

Target temperature (300-350) shooting for the middle and fixing my challenges with holding this temperature. Thanks to Huskee for his timely help today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I started with a full chimney of KBB and two chunks of hickory. A couple of pork belly fatty chunks went on the grate above the SNS for my two testers Tango and Shadow. The pork belly passed the taste test. These two live for burnt offerings

Time Grate Temp Meat Temp Actions
        5:30 pm 388 36 Put Chick & Brats on. Set TV to 1/3 and BV to 3/4
        5:46 pm 318 91 BV to fully open
        5:48 pm 307 99 TV to Fully open
        6:00 pm 322 129
        6:18 pm 365 145 Seared Chicken-moved back to indirect side. Seared Brats they were 175 internal so stacked them tight on indirect side. Put the cauliflower on the direct side and put yesterday’s chicken on. Put limes on indirect side. Put apples (2) on direct side.
        6:35 pm 352 165 Checked all chicks with Thermopen, seared a touch more. Thighs at 170 & everything was GTG. LETS EAT!!
        7:30 365 Just checking the fire for info purposes
        Finishing and serving: Butter, salt, pepper, roasted limes, and herbed salt were on the table for those that wanted it.
        Finished Product: Yesterday’s chicken was still juicy a testament to the lack of salt in the S&G rub I believe. Today’s chicken was over the top good-just the right amount of smoke. Truly delicious, that sprinkling of YBR and a squeeze of lime juice were ridiculous. Cauliflower was just done enough and had good grilled flavor-a little Kerry’s Gold and salt and pepper hit it right. The brats brought me back to Germany. My wife is a Yooper and grew up with them boiled in beer first then put on the grill. Skip the beer, brush ‘em with EVO and grill ‘em.
        Next time: Run it back from top to bottom…this worked. Thanks again Huskee I probably would still be cooking without the suggestion.

Name:	IMG_1335.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	172216 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1336.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	172217

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. Looks great and quite delicious. I'll be right over.

• martybartram
          martybartram commented
          Editing a comment
          Anytime, Just call or text first so the front gate will let you in

We had some great ribeyes tonight. Choice steaks. Did a quick dry brine with some kosher salt. Then added some granulated garlic, onion and some black pepper right before the cook. They came out great. For some reason I always forget to take after pics of steak cooks.
        Attached Files

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like some high quality cow.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          For some reason a mouth full of juicy steak doesn't tell me, "Grab a camera."

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          hahah, Good point. Jerod Broussard

10 lbs. STL cut pork ribs from Costco. MMD rub and sauced with Sweet Baby Ray's at 4:30. Total 5 hrs on the PBC at 270 F. Not bad!
        Attached Files

Comment

• martybartram
          martybartram commented
          Editing a comment
          Well now! My mouth is set to waterin'!

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          They look real goooood!

Had to cure some blues and feed the soul....

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I see your back at it..........

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Been crazy lately

First Post on the site & "Maiden Voyage" of my WSM22-- after I seasoned it, of course.

Two BB's 16# total with the MMD rub. Smoking @225 with KF blue and cherry. Top grid is reserved for tonights dinner of pork chops. Put the BB's on at 0700 today. Wish me luck!

Comment

Yesterday I made Jambalaya... Mmmm

If you like Cajun food and want to learn how to make jambalaya & gumbo PROPERLY, watch the masters video. Notice how he adds the ingredients and spices in incrementally.

Paul Prudomme jambalaya...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...84&FORM=VRDGAR
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Breadhead; May 26, 2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• SteveFromLafayette
          SteveFromLafayette commented
          Editing a comment
          VERY nice Breadhead . You chose a great chef to learn from! Prudhomme, Prejean, and Wilson are a trifecta.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes... He is a Master of Cajun cuisine. I actually met him once. He used to come to Portland, Oregon once a year to have a cook off with the chef at a famous restaurant called Jake's Seafood and Crawfish House. I was sitting at the bar and he chatted with a group of us for a while.

Meat and potatoes!

Comment

• Harry
          Harry commented
          Editing a comment
          STOP IT!! Two such posts just inches away from each other! I may never light another briquette - I'll just stare at your pictures.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha!

OK, I am trying a pork butt (will be pulled pork later) in my Weber Kettle, I decided to you the Memphis dust on a 5 lbs boneless butt. I am using a charcoal snake to regulate heat, I am gaining about 4 degrees an hour right now, I plan on following the Pulled Pork recipe to a T that is on this site. I also made my own BBQ sauce last night, I did a hot version and a mild version, I am very pleased for the first run. I will post pictures from beginning to end after I finish the cook and the pull. It already smells great, and I can't wait for dinner. Cook time 10 hrs 28 min pulled it off the grill at 203 degrees. Pictures coming later. OMG it is good.
        Last edited by SoundDude; May 27, 2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Last night was just a simple sirloin steak - cooked SV to 131F and then seared with a torch. Served with white corn and salad.

Name:	simple-sirloin.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	172815

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here