Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is "Untitled" by Jon Solberg on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      Which grill is that Jon?

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a homemade stickburner

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a talent I wish I had

Looks GREAT, Jon Solberg ! Bet they tasted even better!

What was your sauce?

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that your go to, or first time?

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm working my way thru ribs by region. This was the first with Carolina vinager. Next stop is Carolina tomato All old school no brine. No mavs. All wood
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; May 21, 2016, 06:15 PM.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      VERY cool way to do it!

Looking forward to making my first sauce in year on Sumday.

After a week out of the country it was really nice to get back to cookin. Reverse seared NY Strips on the SnS and taters on the BGE. Pretty darn good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2120.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	170974

Name:	IMG_2123.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	170975

Name:	IMG_2124.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	170973

Name:	IMG_2134.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	170972

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back, David Parrish ! Doesn't look like your trip slowed you down any! LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE!

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to say that is PERFECT!!

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks gents! Jerod Broussard the peanuts were fingerling taters. I overcooked them a bit is why they look that way.

Raining tonight so no Q. Spag and freezer meatballs I made a few months ago with sharp cheddar and a poached egg. What's not improved with a poached egg on top?

Comment

Did some pulled pork yesterday and still had some fuel left in my SnS after 12 hours of cooking! And the pork was good too (with home made guacamole, pico de gallo, nachos and cheddar).

Name:	IMG_7569.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	171156 Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	171157

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks so unbelievably awesome! I can't even tell you how hungry you just made me! 😜😎

Colonel Sanders has wet dreams about this fried chicken. 😎
      Attached Files

Comment

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        The COL is dead so those must be reeeaaaaallly good

• SteveFromLafayette
        SteveFromLafayette commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir! Juicy and moist with a thick crispy crust!

Cooked a Beef Arm Roast Today! Dry Brined w/Kosher Salt overnight in the Refrigerator! Cooked on the 22 1/2" Weber Kettle with a S 'n S and a
      DigiQ-2 Temp Control! Rubbed the Roast +- 4 1/2 Lbs with Coarse Grd Black Pepper, Powdered Onion Soup Mix, Garlic Powder and Slathered it with
      Honey Mustard Salad Dressing! On the Weber at 10:30 AM @ 250* F, Apple & Hickory Chunks for Smoke! I lowered the Temp to 225* F about
      11:30 AM! Initially I thought it would take 4-5 hrs to get to 135*-140* F! I ran to the Offsale for a 12 Pack of Sam Addams Boston Lager, What
      Else? Got Home About 1:20 PM and the ET 733 Mav was reading 140* F, 4 Hrs Flat? Ginned up a Hokey Faux Cambro and let it Rest for 3 Hrs!
      According to the Thermapen the Temp was +- 125* F @ 4:30 PM! The Roast was fairly Tender for a Cow's Leg and very Moist! This was the first
      Time I have Tried a Faux Cambro Rest for Anything! It won't be my last!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice cook Dan the Man...👍

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        A beauty! Except I can't get with your taste in beer, but oh well! The beef looks awesome!

• Harry
        Harry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the detail. We have an arm roast penciled in as a possible in late Summer. I'll sneak this into my wife's recipe planning stuff.

Bone in chicken breasts using the Slow 'N Sear. Had to get another cook in before I head back to Saskatoon tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_2139.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	171388

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look great, David Parrish ! Sorry you only had the weekend back home. Safe travels!

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boss, Did You Wimp Out? I've Been Told That Saskatoon is Unbelievable for Week Ends! BTW did the Weber Tator and Corn Rack find NC or do I
        need to Call out the Dogs? From Fargo ND, Dan

Had a FAILURE today. Worst part, it is my own fault.

Saw "Chuck" in the store late last week and didn't look closely at it. The store had cut the Chuck and tied it back together, and the full label read Chuck pot roast. But they were wonderfully thick, and I didn't notice either the string nor the FULL label. Brined 24 hours, put mustard on overnight and added the BBBR. Smoked with whiskey barrel oak to 208*F and probe tender. Rested 90 minutes. Result was OK. Actually, considering the quality of the meat, the result was pretty good, but no overcoming crap meat. Large sections never did render and were thrown out.

Tried the whiskey Hollerin sauce for the first time. A bit sweet for me, but GUUUUD. Also did a good job hiding the poor meat quality. I'll keep this around and do again!

Also did the whiskey baked beans. THE RECIPE CHANGED!!!! I used the recipe online even though I have a hardcopy printed. When I got to the part calling for 3 cups of water, I hesitated, not recalling this step. Wondered if I had lost it. but added the water. Put the beans under the chuckies for 2 1/2 hours, a little longer than normal. They were really sloppy watery when I pulled them. Tasted watery and bland. Cooked them an additional 3 hours in the oven @250*F to try to cook off the extra water, but it didn't work. They were still watery and now overlooked. #1 tasted them and commented that she could vaguely recognize the flavors, but they were not luxurious like they had been in the past.

Meathead , I recommend omitting the 3 cups of water. Add 1/2 cup, or 3/4 cup water IF needed (but I've never needed to in the past), but the addition of the water precludes the pop of the whiskey, molasses and BBQ sauce.

Overall, not a good day smoking-wise, but I learned stuff. THE NEXT TIME WILL BE AWESOME!!!!

Comment

A little Ahi Tuna and a couple Shrimpers...The tuna slightly above medium rare...but still delicious.... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2823.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	171417 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2826.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	171418

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahi tuna! Love it!

Forgot to add the pics. Here they are, one from each Chuck.
        Attached Files

Comment

Put a chuckie and a rack of ribs on the PBC this weekend. Did not manage to get any finished pics of the ribs or chuckie. We did a sort of open face cheese steak sammie on garlic bread with the pull chuck and I did remember to shoot one pic before it was all gone. Delicious!

Name:	IMG_2342.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	171570

Name:	IMG_2352.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	171571

Name:	IMG_2353.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	171573

Name:	IMG_2355.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	171572

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Chuck and ribs together - I like that!

Taco Tuesday for Monday's lunch... Mmmm
        Attached Files

Comment

I all ready posted this somewhere else but I think it deserves a spot in here too.

Here is my version of bacon wrapped chicken thighs. I bought four chicken thighs yesterday. First I rinsed them under cold water and patted them dry. Then I peeled back the skin and seasoned under the skin with Meat Church's Honey Hog Rub. Its lower in salt than other rubs, so it works perfect for my version of these, because I season at each level to compound the sweetness and the spices. I seasoned under the skin and placed a small piece of butter under the skin as I replaced it. Then I seasoned on top of the skin, then wrapped them in Bacon and dusted them again with the rub.
          I warmed the Keg up too 400 F with the cast iron pan in the Keg. I didn't have any muffin pans so I opted for old trusty to get me through this one. Once it was up too temp, I threw the thighs on the smoker and let it roll. With about 20 mins left, I basted with a combo of Texas Pepper Jelly, Blues Hog BBQ sauce and a little bit of Blues hog mustard sauce. They were fantastic. One of the best things I have ever made. No question. Thanks to @BB'd_Nuke for the inspiration.

The flavor and tenderness was out of this world. Very sweet and Hot. Peppery undertones backed by the oak smoke I had rolling in the Keg. And I couldn't be more happy with the color. I was amazed. I am really happy that my chicken game is going to be getting more attention this summer.

Name:	IMG_0416.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	171702 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0413.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	171703

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll be over shortly.

Meatloaf and taters. Link for the cooking notes and recipe are below.

Name:	IMG_1316.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	171723 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1318.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	171724 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1319.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	171725

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks delicious.

• martybartram
            martybartram commented
            Editing a comment
            fuzzydaddy I thought it was good but the potatoes were definitely better than the meat (according to my wife). That meat is just too lean. It is probably like 2% fat. We forgot to add some fat.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here