Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Meat-Up in Memphis

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

BBQ Stars

SPOTLIGHT

Some Of Our Favorite
Tools And Toys

These are not ads. These are products we love and highly recommend. Click here to read more about our medals and what they mean.

Placeholder

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

maverick PT55 thermometer

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here for more info on the Maverick PT-55 Waterproof Instant-Read Thermometer Review shown above. It may be the best value in a thermometer out there

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

slow n sear

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet's Dual Tube Burners

the good one grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King's proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read our complete review

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

the good one grill

The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with an offset smoke chamber attached. It is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

Griddle And Deep Fryer All In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all. Plus it has a built in cutting board, garbage bag holder, and paper towel holder. An additional work table on the left side provides plenty of counter space.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers in the hardware stores because temperature control is so much easier. Best of all, it is only 9 delivered to your door!

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Swiss Army Knife Of Thermometers

Placeholder

The smart folks at ThermoWorks have finally done it: The Swiss Army Knife of thermometers, two in one. Start with the industry standard food thermometer, the Thermapen MK4, (Platinum Medal winner) truly instant (2 to 3 seconds) precise (+ or – 0.7°F). Then they built in an infrared thermometer ideal for measuring the temps of pizza stones, griddles, and frying pans (also great for finding leaks around doors and windows in your house).

Click here to read our test results and comprehensive review and why it won our Platinum Medal.

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Placeholder

Char-Broil's Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you're off to the party! Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

NK-22-Ck Grill

Their NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Placeholder

G&F Suede Welder's Gloves

Heat Resistant Gloves With Extra Long Sleeves Hold The Hot Stuff

If you're using oven mitts at the grill, it's time to trade up. Say hello to these suede welder's gloves. They're heat resistant enough to handle hot grill grates, and flexible enough to handle tongs. The extra long sleeves even let you reach deep into the firebox to move hot logs without getting burned. Our Fave.

Click here to read our detailed review

Click here to order from Amazon

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

grill grates

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, keep small foods from committing suicide, kill hotspots, are easier to clean, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily removed and moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke to whatever is above. Every gas grill needs them.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

kareubequ bbq smoker

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

masterbuilt gas smoker

The First Propane Smoker With A Thermostat Makes This Baby Foolproof

Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Professional Steakhouse Knife Set

masterbuilt gas smoker

Our founder, Meathead, wanted the same steak knives used by steakhouses such as Peter Luger, Smith & Wollensky, Morton's, Kobe Club, Palm, and many others. So he located the manufacturer and had them stamp our name on some. They boast pointed, temper-ground, serrated, high-carbon stainless-steel, half-tang blades with excellent cutting edge ability. The beefy hardwood handle provides a comfortable grip secured by three hefty rivets. He has machine washed his more than 100 times. They have never rusted and they stay shiny without polishing. Please note that we do not make, sell, or distribute these knives, they just engrave them with our name.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

PK 360 grill

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Beautifully designed and completely portable. Meathead says it is his preferrred grill.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order it direct from PK and get a special deal for AmazingRibs.com readers only

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

fireboard bbq thermometer

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Davey Crockett Grill

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Save $100 by booking before November 28th,Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
See more
See less

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 12, Winter 2018/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theroc
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Altadena, CA
      • Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault
      • Buckaroo Chunk Wood Grill
      • Weber Summit Gold D Gas Grill
      • Fireboard
      • Thermapen MkIV

Top | #346
    Been wanting to try mgaretz 's Blasphemy Ribs for a while, so finally giving it a try with a side-by-side comparison with traditional 3-2-1. Got 3 racks of loin backribs from Costco that were fairly meaty and thick. Sliced up one of the racks for Blasphemy. Dry brined the cut and whole racks overnight. Rubbed with Hank's KC Royale Pork Rub in the morning. Started the whole racks first - 240-250 F for about 3 hours on the Smoke Vault with hickory chunks. Pulled the racks, wrapped in foil and then back in the smoker. Dropped the temp to about 225-230 and added the cut ribs. Ran for 2 hours, then unwrapped the racks, sauced both the cut ribs and racks and finished them for about 30 minutes. Served up with stuffed early season artichokes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190127_142347.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	629137Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190127_180013.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	629138

The verdict? Well, we really enjoyed them both. I've found that wrapping was the only way to get those thick backribs from Costco tender and still moist. And they were. But the Blasphemy Ribs were also nice and moist, albeit slightly less tender. I'd say the Blasphemy ribs had a nice bite while the racks were more tender and pulled away from the bone easily. I'd happily eat either of these anytime. It is really nice to know that there is a really good option for a fast ribs cook when we don't have time for the traditional method.

Oh yeah - the artichokes were fabulous.
    Last edited by theroc; January 28th, 2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Ribs look great, and Ohhhh that chock looks awesome !!!
  • PJBowmaster
    Club Member
    • Dec 2016
    • Black Hills of SD

Top | #347
    Sadly Winter cold and wind have driven us indoors tonight. So what should I cook? Hmmm....How about Bacon, Sharp Cheddar, and Guacamole Burgers? With a side of Deviled Egg Potato Salad and served with Bell's highly desirable Hopslam Double IPA. Damn Skippy!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	I27YwtJnTASyZxjRLe3%RQ.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	629142

Name:	0d3sJxGPQ26G6Aimfs1lkg.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	629143

Comment

• barelfly
      Club Member
      • Dec 2017
      • New Mexico

Top | #348
      Had some great friends over for brunch Sunday. Bloody Mary bar and a one skillet omelette type casserole. Was fun times, good drinks and good food too!
      Attached Files

Comment

• mgaretz
        Founding Member
        • Jul 2014
        • San Ramon, CA
        • Mark Garetz
          Rec Tec pellet grill
          Weber Genesis Gasser
          Maverick ET-732 and Thermapen and others

Top | #349
        Another batch of Blasphemy Ribs. Served with sweet white corn in butter. Normally the ribs get cooked on their side on a stainless grill grate, and the ribs stick to the grate. I never realized how that made them easier to sauce on the top and side (the underside stayed un-sauced). But today I picked up a non-stick grill grate hoping that would make the cleanup easier. It did make the cleanup a little easier, but the ribs slid around while trying to baste them. So I got out the tongs, basted the top and side, then flipped them and basted the other side. It didn't change them much, but they were still great!

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-plated9.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	629241

Name:	blasphemy-ribs-close9.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	629240

Comment

• jfmorris
          Club Member
          • Nov 2017
          • Huntsville, Alabama
          • Jim Morris

Cookers
            • Weber Genesis II E-410 w/ GrillGrates (2019)
            • Weber Performer Deluxe 22.5" w/ GrillGrates & Slow 'N Sear & Drip ‘N Griddle & Party Q (2007)
            • Weber Genesis Silver A w/ GrillGrates (2002)
            • Custom Built Offset Smoker (304SS, 22"x34" grate, circa 1985)
            • Lodge L8D03 5 quart dutch oven
            • Lodge L10SK3 12" skillet
            • Anova
            Thermometers
            • Thermoworks Smoke w/ Wifi Gateway
            • Thermoworks Dot
            • Thermoworks Thermapen Classic
            • Thermoworks RT600C
            Beverages
            • Whatever I brewed and have on tap!

Top | #350
          Had a bunch of left-over point from last night's brisket, so I cubed it up into a skillet, fried it a bit, added some BBQ sauce, and baked in a 350F oven for 30 minutes. Not quite real burnt ends, since I didn't smoke them, but it was darned good meat candy! It thickened up as it cooled a little after this picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9397.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	629558

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            I ate the rest of what was left for lunch, and if anything, it was more flavorful today. I'm eyeing the rest of the point that is left in the fridge, as I have surgery in the morning, and have to fast after midnight! I won't be smoking for a while either (cannot lift more than 5-10 pounds or bend over post surgery).

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Best wishes fer a speedy recovery, Amigo!

• Willard
            Willard commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 what Mr. Bones said
        • Henrik
          Founding Member - Moderator Emeritus
          • Jul 2014
          • Stockholm, Sweden

Top | #351
          Did a quick lunch grill today, real hot and real fast. I grilled some Secreto Iberico (man I love that pork!). Served it with brussel sprouts. I added creme fraiche, dijon mustard and some honey to the sprouts to boost flavor and create a better match for the pork. I used a cast iron pan for the cook, otherwise all that fat is gonna burn in no time.

Here's my lump charcoal. Massive, heavy pieces. They lasted a long time.

Name:	secreto-1.jpg
Size:	932.4 KB
ID:	629694

First (half) in the CI pan. And of course a beer for the chef. Thank you, 2 zone cooking ;-)

Name:	secreto-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	587.6 KB
ID:	629693

Second half waiting in line. Check out that marbling.

Name:	secreto-3.jpg
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	629692

And here's the plate, made for a nice presentation in the CI pan:

Name:	Brusselsprouts.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	458.4 KB
ID:	629691

I think the bitterness of the sprouts with the mustard and honey was a great match with that decadent pork.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            It was cold, just the way i like it ;-)

• Willard
            Willard commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe there’s hope for sprouts after all 🏅

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing like a coldsmoked beer.. lol
            The plate-up looks grand!
        • skipsdaughter
          Club Member
          • Dec 2018
          • Eastern Iowa

Top | #352
          The day started at -52 wind chill and has gotten a little warmer. I thought it was a good day to make some soup-- Buffalo Chicken Soup. Next time I'll use smoked chicken as the base.

Name:	IMG_20190130_114044.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	629769

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting. My wife will make a warm buffalo chicken dip every now and then. I never thought about converting it into a soup. This might have to go on the to do list.

• skipsdaughter
            skipsdaughter commented
            Editing a comment
            I mostly used the recipe here, although I didn't use the Instant Pot. I already had some cooked chicken and I made it on the stovetop. http://www.farmsteadchic.com/instant...en-bacon-soup/

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            You had me at -52 below!
        • WVsmoke
          Club Member
          • Jun 2018
          • Smoke WV
            Kamada/Gaser

Top | #353

Name:	4F32113A-3D99-4DF8-BBB7-E95ED50626C2.jpeg
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	629927Click image for larger version

Name:	D74E490B-0F97-46CF-959D-12E6F85758B5.jpeg
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	629928 6 degrees in Central West Virginia. Good day to try my first attempt at making bread. Recipe out of Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast by Ken Forkish. Heard about the book in the Pit.

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Great lookin' boules!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I gotta get into bread making, I love a good, warm, fresh loaf with a big slab of real butter ..... heavenly !!! Where's Breadhead when we need him ?

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice result!
        • ericsnell
          Charter Member
          • Feb 2015

Top | #354
          Straight off of Serious eats. Definitely worth the effort.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a really good idea, cooks more evenly. I hate those ends flopping around anyway. +1

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Seriouseats.com has the serious techniques.

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks really good!
        • HawkerXP
          Club Member
          • Jul 2016
          • Northern Virginia
          • 3 Weber kettles, and a PBC
            Thermopop
            Dot w two probes
            Slo n Sear
            Cold beer

Top | #355

Name:	0923B651-89EC-47C7-B96E-8650BF113F5E.jpeg
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	630110Click image for larger version

Name:	61A27117-A728-4710-A9A7-B3966014B325.jpeg
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	630112Click image for larger version

Name:	10F76832-1085-4F7C-8658-35D2FEA44022.jpeg
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	630111 Last night experiment with buffalo chicken drummies. Click image for larger version

Name:	449FD310-1628-4B8E-B27A-60B60ED1BCD7.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	630113

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Terrible picture but yes, good beer. Oozzy

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the one thing you gotta say is at least your beer stays cold !!!

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Pics never tell how good something tastes and I can tell ya from the meatups your stuff is grrrrrreat!
        • theroc
          Founding Member
          • Jul 2014
          • Altadena, CA
            • Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault
            • Buckaroo Chunk Wood Grill
            • Weber Summit Gold D Gas Grill
            • Fireboard
            • Thermapen MkIV

Top | #356
          Quick burger cook last night before the rains started. Grass-fed ground beef from 5 Bar Beef. Havarti cheese and caramelized onions. Served with roasted potatoes.

Name:	IMG_20190130_183636.jpg
Size:	4.61 MB
ID:	630224Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190130_184850.jpg
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	630225

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Good looking burger!

• theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Scrumptious lookin burger an side, Brother!

Bonus Points Awarded fer use of an oft overlooked cheese! I loves me some Havarti, especial th dilled variety!

Rosemary Dailey, my First/Foremost Culinary Mentor, turned me on to this variety, while teachin me a pasta salad receipt, C. ~2003~ish!
        • Attjack
          Club Member
          • Aug 2017
          • Primo XL
            Weber 26"
            Weber 22"
            Weber 22"
            Weber 18"
            Weber Jumbo Joe
            Weber Green Smokey Joe (Thanks, Mr. Bones!)
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Orion Smoker

DigiQ DX2
            Slow 'N Sear XL
            Arteflame 26.75" Insert

Blaze BLZ-4-NG 32-Inch 4-Burner Built-In
            - With Rear Infrared Burner
            - With Infrared Sear Burner
            - With Rotisserie
            Empava 2 Burner Gas Cooktop
            Weber Spirit 210
            - With Grillgrates
            ​​​​​​​ - With Rotisserie
            Weber Q2200

Blackstone Pizza Oven

Portable propane burners (3)
            Propane turkey Fryer

Fire pit grill

Top | #357
          Chicken and kale in the cast iron wok and mushroom risotto.

Name:	20190131_175524.jpg
Size:	627.7 KB
ID:	630421

Comment

• JeffJ
            JeffJ commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks spectacular. Total food porn.

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhh!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Fabulous lookin plate, Brother!
        • JeffJ
          Charter Member
          • Feb 2015
          • Michigan
          • Jeff

Top | #358
          Today is my wife's birthday. So, I took the day off work and made her breakfast in bed. Sausage and bacon in the 14.5 WSM, hash browns in the Jumbo Joe (it was -5 this morning - my feet haven't fully thawed yet), berries with whipped cream and mimosas.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1997.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	630613
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1996.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	630611
          The hash browns didn't come out as I had hoped so I finished them in a skillet stovetop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1998.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	630614
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1995.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	630612
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1999.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	630615

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice gift for the wife!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            My birthday is in May. Just saying.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            What a gorgeous breakfast, Brother!

Ya got it all goin on: Great Winter Cook, excellent food combination, masterful improvisation on th hash browns, wonderful dessert, great platin an presentation!

Happy Belated Birthday to yer Missus!
        • Neris
          Club Member
          • Dec 2018
          • Dublin, Ireland (europe)

Top | #359
          Big weekend of rugby here so Memphis dusted Spare ribs & pork loin on the offset and giving my brand new slow & sear that was delivered this morning a try out with beef ribs. Cooked the beef 5 hours and I'm already in love with a lump of metal. Best €120 I've spent on anything for the bbq. Now just needs the guest to hurry up

(think I've finally figured out how the offset works too)
          Attached Files

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes - the SnS is a game changer.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers, Boyo! Enjoy alla th games!

Sláinte!
        • fuzzydaddy
          Charter Member
          • Nov 2014
          • Near my cookers...Pensacola FL
          • Hardware
            Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado.
            Weber Kettles: 2-22" & 1-26".
            Slow 'N Sear, DnG Racks/Pans, SnS GrillGrates, Easy Spin Grates, Elevated Cooking Grates. (Several of each)
            Chimney starters.
            PartyQ.
            Joule.
            GrillGrates, GrateGriddles.
            Maverick XR-50 [my favorite].
            ThermoWorks Smoke & Gateway, Thermapen, Thermapop, ChefAlarms, DOT, probes

Consumables / Favorites
            KBB (short cooks), Weber (long cooks)
            Ribs (beef & pork), Pork Butts, Chuck Roasts, Pork Tenderloins.
            Adrenaline BBQ salt free rubs: Not Just for Beef & Rocky’s Rub.
            MeatChurch Holy Cow. MMD, BBBR, S&G, Herbs de Provence, SPOG.

Top | #360
          Chuck roasts went on the grill about 45 minutes ago. Meat Church Holy Cow used as the dry brine and rub. It's 53 degrees with 99% humidity. This cook is in memory and honor of my Dad who passed away last June. Today is his birthday.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8215.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	631062
          Last edited by fuzzydaddy; February 2nd, 2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your setup

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like an excellent start to yer Memorial Cook, Brother!
            Lovin yer setup, there; I have alla th parts, but never have utilized em in such a fashion...gonna haveta try that.
            Have a great cook, an savour th warm recollections of yer Dad!
            Lookin forward to seein these come along, an finished.

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy angel birthday to FuzzydaddyDaddy. My pops crossed over 23 years ago and I miss him every day. Enjoy the memories and those chuckies.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Save $100 by booking before November 28th,Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
        See more
        See less

About this website. AmazingRibs.com is all about the science of barbecue, grilling, and outdoor cooking, with great BBQ recipes, tips on technique, and unbiased equipment reviews. Learn how to set up your grills and smokers properly, the thermodynamics of what happens when heat hits meat, as well as hundreds of excellent tested recipes including all the classics: Baby back ribs, spareribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, burgers, chicken, smoked turkey, lamb, steaks, barbecue sauces, spice rubs, and side dishes, with the world's best buying guide to barbecue smokers, grills, accessories, and thermometers, edited by Meathead.

This site is brought to you by readers like you who support us with their membership in our Pitmaster Club. Click here to learn more about benefits to membership.

Advertising on this site. AmazingRibs.com is by far the most popular barbecue website in the world and one of the 50 most popular food websites in the US according to comScore, Quantcast, Compete, and Alexa. Visitors and pageviews increase rapidly every year. Click here for analytics and advertising info.

© Copyright 2005 to 2019 by AmazingRibs.com. All text, recipes, photos, and computer code are owned by AmazingRibs.com and protected by US copyright law unless otherwise noted. It is a US Federal crime to publish or distribute anything on this website without permission. But we're easy! We usually grant permission and don't charge a fee. To get permission, just click here. And you don't need permission to link to us.

Our Privacy Promise, Terms of Service, Code of Ethics. AmazingRibs.com promises to never sell or distribute any info about you individually without your express permission, and we promise not to, ahem, pepper you with email or make you eat spam. We are GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulations as passed by the European Union). GDPR requires that we be willing to delete any info we have about an EU resident if you request it. We go a step further. We extend this right to anyone, EU resident or not. For more about our privacy promise, code of ethics, terms of service, and how we operate to insure you unbiased info, click here.

Working...
        X