Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your grilling/smoking for the first day of Winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your grilling/smoking for the first day of Winter?

I'm going to try something new and smoke some mac n cheese.

Nut'n'Honey!

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Recipe?

Nada...

Comment

Wibs. I'll post about em later.

Comment

Smoked mac and cheese is awesome!

Below is the recipe I followed.

Smoked Mac and Cheese

2 hours @ 260°

½ Stick of Butter
        2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
        1 Cup Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
        1 Cup Cubed or Shredded Colby Cheese
        1.5 Cups Shredded or cubed Monterey Jack Cheese (1 Cup is fine, I just like a tad more Monterey Jack)
        3 Cups Milk
        2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
        Seasonings to Taste – Salt, pepper and of course Weekend Dry Rub – also see below for optional "add-ins"

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Never made Mac n cheese before... Will try this one..
          Thanks for the recepie!

• MattyV
          MattyV commented
          Editing a comment
          Attempted this recipe this past weekend. It did not turn out quite like I hoped. Got a little to dry which wasn't the bad part. It definitely took on too much smoke and was a little bitter. I was cooking some armadillo eggs at the same time which turned out fantastic. So my question is should I have covered the mac and cheese after a certain time?

• cashelton
          cashelton commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good question, I'm not totally sure.

I haven't made the mac and cheese in a few months. I've been looking at other mac n cheese recipes to try to have something to compare it too.

I've never noticed much of a bitterness, but I am usually consuming some IPAs during the process which kind of numb my palette to anything bitter!

Boneless short rib pastrami and a full packer (coworker's). Set the pellet for 265 and smoke was rolling at 1816hrs.

Comment

Berkshire butt goin’ on

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooooooh

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice Noob ... classy

You will be hooked on smoked Mac and Cheese Attjack I can't believe you've never done it before. So much you can do with it. Sometimes I'll add smoked sausage to it and bacon or left over smoked ham! The last half hour or so I like to add French's Fried Onions to the top or crushed chili cheese Fritos or crushed Dorito's.

Comment

• mnavarre
            mnavarre commented
            Editing a comment
            How on Earth did I never think of Chili Cheese Fritos as a mac and cheese topping?

How? I feel like I've failed myself.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I also very much fancy Jalapeño kettle chips, all crunched up, as a casserole toppin!
            Salt Vinegar Cracked Black Pepper is another I throw into my cookin; depends on what I'm makin...:yummy)

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for even more tips!

Not smoking anything but we did bake kringle stuffed with fruit and nuts. Excuse me while I go get another slice.😋

Comment

Gumbo on the stove, sorry Bro.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Gumbo !!!!

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, he beat me to the gumbo.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Best roux I've made yet. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering why my shoulders were aching, then it dawned on me I was stirring that roux for almost an hour!

Got the sauce smoking now over some maple wood. Milk, brie, butter, cream cheese, and some mustard powder and pepper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181221_180423.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	610894

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
              Frozen Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like that guy in the upper right could use a little Mac and Cheese!!

Boston Butt
            Attached Files

Comment

Not bad. I'll tweak the recipe a bit next time but the smoke flavor was solid.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181221_201343.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	610957

Comment

Grilled marinated jumbo shrimp with a side of orange lentils and a salad.

Comment

Looks excellent Attjack Mac and Cheese is one of those recipes you don't tweak because it always good you just try different things! Nice job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here