Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Visit

Made a trip to Costco to pick up some goodies for Holiday Cooking...Pork Belly for some Burnt Ends...and a Ribeye Roast...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0533.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	609984

Niiice!

Comment

Nice! Looks like some FUN is ahead at your house!

Comment

I'm trying to fight the urge to go into CostCo, seems like everytime I do a $50 bill just jumps mysteriously out of my pocket, and that's just the entry fee

Comment

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't seem go to Costco, Lowes, Home Depot or Ace without spending in increments of $100!

• BriggsBBQ
          BriggsBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Only 50....you show great restraint my friend.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          As I said, entrance fee. Exit fee is usually x5

I'll have to fight the urge to not buy the whole prime rib and just get a small prime rib

Comment

Awfully similar to my last trip this past weekend. A pork belly to make bacon (although a third of it might get re-directed to do pork belly burnt ends) and a package of 3 racks of st. louis spare ribs.

Comment

Planning on doing pork belly burnt ends myself as a Xmas treat as well.

Comment

I was really tempted by the Prime Ribeye Roast. The marbling in them looked amazing but the triple digit price tag was a little too steep this time around.

Comment

Yep we were Christmas shopping at Costco last night, and I came out with ribs and chicken wings. I decided THAT is what I want for Christmas dinner with my side of the family this weekend. . I would do a brisket, but the women folk wanted more "finger foods" for grazing on, versus a sit down dinner. I told the wife that ribs and wings are both "finger foods"....

I should have grabbed a brisket or pork belly while there, for a future cook.

Comment

I'm going to have to ignore these Costco threads they just anger and frustrate me because there is not one in my area and never will be. I guess Costco did consider it but decided not to due to population density.

Comment

I buy 90% of my meat at Costco and spent a good amount there in the last few weeks. Cannot pass up the bone-in pork loin roasts because they are only available at my Costco this time of year and then again at Easter. Also got SL rib three pack. I have no problem passing on the beef rib roasts due to price. For now my freezer is full . . . . .probably need a bigger freezer. What is your go to recipe/cook for Costco wings?

Comment

RustyHaines Pretty much this. I don't make the sauce or dressing. I just cook the wings like this and toss them in Blues Hog Original BBQ sauce cut with some butter. The wife likes Franks Red Hot/butter. Ridiculously good and easy. I get the frozen wings from Costco. It takes about 2 days in the fridge to thaw them out. Usually only cook about a third of the bag at a time.

Comment

• RustyHaines
                        RustyHaines commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks. My go to cooking instructions for wings as well but always wanting to learn something new. We could probably talk sauces for forever. I use a chicken dipping sauce I get from a BBQ joint in North Carolina. And sometimes I just like them nek'd.

• Dr. Pepper
                        Dr. Pepper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just made these wings two nights ago, very easy. But, did it in the oven at 450º, so I probably shouldn't post on out favorite BBQ site! From Mark Bitman, NYT Times cooking: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...-chicken-wings
                        I used the melted butter and crushed a couple of garlic cloves, plus generous shakes from your favorite hot sauce (Arizona Pepper's Chipotle/Habenero sauce), back in the oven for 10 more minutes to brown and crisp a little more.

I just saw that Kroger and Tom Thumb are running choice ribeye roast for 4.50-4.75 per lb. I think I will have to check out my local Tom Thumb today and see how big of one I can get.

Comment

We decided on Christmas brisket this year. Can’t wait.

Comment

I will be heading to Costco today or tomorrow to pick up some skirt steak for carne asada for Christmas. We usually do just a bunch of snacks and appetizers instead of a big meal and figured a simple taco bar would fit the bill.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some pork bellies and briskets end up in the cart as well.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                            Dr. Pepper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Joe,
                            In Seattle, I have never found skirt steak (called 'entraña' by my Chilean Patagonian son-in-law) at Costco. Maybe you have a larger Mexican community in Spokane, so they stock it there. Skirt is my favorite cut. Tiene mucho sabor!
                            Daniel

• JoeSousa
                            JoeSousa commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have seen skirt at our Costco before. At least I think I have seen it there.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here