Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

WE'RE SELLING OUT FAST! Less than 10 seats available. Secure your spot by booking now!
Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
See more
See less

Costco Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clb239
    Club Member
    • Oct 2016
    • Farmville, Va
    • TSmokers / Grills
      Weber 22" w/ SnS & GrillGrates
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      OKJ Bandera
      22" Blackstone
      Meadow Creek PR42G

Thermometers
      Lavatools Javelin
      Thermoworks Thermopen mk4
      Maverick XR-50
      Maverick ET-732
      Maverick ET-735

Instagram and Facebook @bkydbbq

Costco Visit

Made a trip to Costco to pick up some goodies for Holiday Cooking...Pork Belly for some Burnt Ends...and a Ribeye Roast...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0533.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	609984

• RonB
    Club Member
    • Apr 2016
    • Near Richmond VA
    • Weber Performer Deluxe
      SNS
      Pizza insert
      Rotisserie
      Smokenator 1000
      Cookshack Smokette Elite
      2 Thermapens
      Chefalarm
      Dot
      lots of probes.
      CyberQ

Niiice!

Comment

• Skip
      Founding Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Blue Earth, Minnesota
      • MAK Pellet Grill, Large BGE, Weber Kettle with SnS, Weber Gasser, Pit Barrel Cooker, Cast Iron Pans & Griddle, Grill Grates, Mostly Thermoworks Thermometers

Nice! Looks like some FUN is ahead at your house!

Comment

• Troutman
        Club Member
        • Aug 2017

• OUTDOOR COOKERS

BBQ ACCESSORIES

WOOD & PELLET PREFERENCES

SOUS VIDE

INDOOR COOKWARE

I'm trying to fight the urge to go into CostCo, seems like everytime I do a $50 bill just jumps mysteriously out of my pocket, and that's just the entry fee

Comment

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't seem go to Costco, Lowes, Home Depot or Ace without spending in increments of $100!

• BriggsBBQ
          BriggsBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Only 50....you show great restraint my friend.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          As I said, entrance fee. Exit fee is usually x5
      • JakeT
        Club Member
        • Mar 2018
        • Vacaville, CA
        • Lonestar Grillz 24x48
          Forno Bravo Casa 110
          Sunterra 60" Argentine Grill w/ Rear Brasero
          KBQ C-60
          Weber Kettle 22"
          Fire Magin a660i

A-MAZE-N-TUBE 6", 10", maze
          BBQ Dragon
          BBQ Dragon Chimney
          iGrill
          Fireboard
          Bernzomatic w/ Mapp Gas

I'll have to fight the urge to not buy the whole prime rib and just get a small prime rib

Comment

• shify
          Club Member
          • Jun 2017
          • Westchester County, NY

Awfully similar to my last trip this past weekend. A pork belly to make bacon (although a third of it might get re-directed to do pork belly burnt ends) and a package of 3 racks of st. louis spare ribs.

Comment

• Rod
            Rod
            Club Member
            • Dec 2015
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • Weber Genesis S330 with GrillGrates
              Weber Performer with SnS, DnG and Pit Viper mod
              Weber 26" kettle with SnS and Pit Viper mod
              PBC
              Blackstone 36" SS griddle

Fireboard
              Thermoworks Smoke
              Thermoworks MK4
              Maverick ET-732

Accessories ranging from a Vortex to bear claws.

Planning on doing pork belly burnt ends myself as a Xmas treat as well.

Comment

• clb239
              Club Member
              • Oct 2016
              • Farmville, Va
              • TSmokers / Grills
                Weber 22" w/ SnS & GrillGrates
                Pit Barrel Cooker
                OKJ Bandera
                22" Blackstone
                Meadow Creek PR42G

Thermometers
                Lavatools Javelin
                Thermoworks Thermopen mk4
                Maverick XR-50
                Maverick ET-732
                Maverick ET-735

Instagram and Facebook @bkydbbq

I was really tempted by the Prime Ribeye Roast. The marbling in them looked amazing but the triple digit price tag was a little too steep this time around.

Comment

• jfmorris
                Club Member
                • Nov 2017
                • Huntsville, Alabama
                • Jim Morris

Cookers
                  • Camp Chef FTG900 Flat Top Grill (2020)
                  • Weber Genesis II E-410 w/ GrillGrates (2019)
                  • Weber Performer Deluxe 22.5" w/ GrillGrates & Slow 'N Sear & Drip ‘N Griddle & Party Q (2007)
                  • Custom Built Offset Smoker (304SS, 22"x34" grate, circa 1985)
                  • King Kooker 94/90TKD 105K/60K dual burner patio stove
                  • Lodge L8D03 5 quart dutch oven
                  • Lodge L10SK3 12" skillet
                  • Anova
                  Thermometers
                  • Thermoworks Smoke w/ Wifi Gateway
                  • Thermoworks Dot
                  • Thermoworks Thermapen Classic
                  • Thermoworks RT600C
                  Beverages
                  • Whatever I brewed and have on tap!

Yep we were Christmas shopping at Costco last night, and I came out with ribs and chicken wings. I decided THAT is what I want for Christmas dinner with my side of the family this weekend. . I would do a brisket, but the women folk wanted more "finger foods" for grazing on, versus a sit down dinner. I told the wife that ribs and wings are both "finger foods"....

I should have grabbed a brisket or pork belly while there, for a future cook.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                  Club Member
                  • Nov 2017
                  • Northern Mn

I'm going to have to ignore these Costco threads they just anger and frustrate me because there is not one in my area and never will be. I guess Costco did consider it but decided not to due to population density.

Comment

• RustyHaines
                    Club Member
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Tiedeman's Pond, WI

I buy 90% of my meat at Costco and spent a good amount there in the last few weeks. Cannot pass up the bone-in pork loin roasts because they are only available at my Costco this time of year and then again at Easter. Also got SL rib three pack. I have no problem passing on the beef rib roasts due to price. For now my freezer is full . . . . .probably need a bigger freezer. What is your go to recipe/cook for Costco wings?

Comment

• Rod
                      Rod
                      Club Member
                      • Dec 2015
                      • Phoenix, AZ
                      • Weber Genesis S330 with GrillGrates
                        Weber Performer with SnS, DnG and Pit Viper mod
                        Weber 26" kettle with SnS and Pit Viper mod
                        PBC
                        Blackstone 36" SS griddle

Fireboard
                        Thermoworks Smoke
                        Thermoworks MK4
                        Maverick ET-732

Accessories ranging from a Vortex to bear claws.

RustyHaines Pretty much this. I don't make the sauce or dressing. I just cook the wings like this and toss them in Blues Hog Original BBQ sauce cut with some butter. The wife likes Franks Red Hot/butter. Ridiculously good and easy. I get the frozen wings from Costco. It takes about 2 days in the fridge to thaw them out. Usually only cook about a third of the bag at a time.

Comment

• RustyHaines
                        RustyHaines commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks. My go to cooking instructions for wings as well but always wanting to learn something new. We could probably talk sauces for forever. I use a chicken dipping sauce I get from a BBQ joint in North Carolina. And sometimes I just like them nek'd.

• new2smoking
                        new2smoking commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just made these wings two nights ago, very easy. But, did it in the oven at 450º, so I probably shouldn't post on out favorite BBQ site! From Mark Bitman, NYT Times cooking: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...-chicken-wings
                        I used the melted butter and crushed a couple of garlic cloves, plus generous shakes from your favorite hot sauce (Arizona Pepper's Chipotle/Habenero sauce), back in the oven for 10 more minutes to brown and crisp a little more.
                    • BriggsBBQ
                      Former Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • Dallas

I just saw that Kroger and Tom Thumb are running choice ribeye roast for 4.50-4.75 per lb. I think I will have to check out my local Tom Thumb today and see how big of one I can get.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
                        Club Member
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Coastal VA

We decided on Christmas brisket this year. Can’t wait.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                          Club Member
                          • Sep 2016
                          • Spokane, WA

I will be heading to Costco today or tomorrow to pick up some skirt steak for carne asada for Christmas. We usually do just a bunch of snacks and appetizers instead of a big meal and figured a simple taco bar would fit the bill.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some pork bellies and briskets end up in the cart as well.

Comment

• new2smoking
                            new2smoking commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Joe,
                            In Seattle, I have never found skirt steak (called 'entraña' by my Chilean Patagonian son-in-law) at Costco. Maybe you have a larger Mexican community in Spokane, so they stock it there. Skirt is my favorite cut. Tiene mucho sabor!
                            Daniel

• JoeSousa
                            JoeSousa commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have seen skirt at our Costco before. At least I think I have seen it there.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

WE'RE SELLING OUT FAST! Less than 10 seats available. Secure your spot by booking now!
                        Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
                        See more
                        See less
                        Working...
                        X
                        Meat-Up in Memphis

Placeholder

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These Are Some Of Our Favorite Tools And Toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use our links when you buy things

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

Placeholder

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

Placeholder

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

Placeholder

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

Placeholder

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Undisputed Champion!

Placeholder

The Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 is considered by the pros, and our team, to be the single best instant read thermometer. The MK4 includes features that are common on high-end instruments: automatic backlight and rotating display. Don't accept cheap substitutes.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

Placeholder

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5" x 29.5" footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.

Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Delta by Nuke,
                        Stylish and Affordable
                        Gaucho Grill

Placeholder

Delta by Nuke burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This Argentinian grill will get your flame on!

Genesis II E-335 
                        A Versatile Gasser That Does It All!

Placeholder

Weber’s Genesis line has long been one of the most popular choices for gas grillers. The new Genesis II E-335 offers solid performance, a sear burner for sizzling heat and an excellent warranty.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

Placeholder

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily rmoved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

Placeholder

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

Placeholder

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

Placeholder

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Click here to read our detailed review

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

Placeholder

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here to read our complete review

Track Up To Six Temperatures At Once

Placeholder

FireBoard Drive 2 is an updated version of a well-received product that sets the standard for performance and functionality in the wireless food thermometer/thermostatic controller class.

Click here for our review of this unique device

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Placeholder

Napoleon's NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Placeholder

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order