Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking Guanciale ... What Should I Be Doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Guanciale ... What Should I Be Doing

My brother-in-law butchered a hog's head and is curing the jowls/cheek meat. The meat is curing right now, but has asked me to smoke it on my GMG. How should this be cooked? Any advice would be much appreciate!

Click image for larger version

Name:	56597207504__1621CAA5-A2F5-4E2D-A43E-6B86FCB674EA.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	605608 d.

I've made guanciale a couple of times. I'm not sure you want to smoke it, for the guanciale experience. If you decide to do it, follow your basic bacon approach: to 150 internal temp.

Comment

• MacDaddy
      MacDaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks EdF for the insight!

Followed a basic bacon recipe, and the results are in... Delicious!
    Attached Files

Comment

Known as Jowl bacon in my part of the Midwest. Good eating! Yours Looks good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here