Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Dinner Menu Suggestions Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Dinner Menu Suggestions Wanted

Every year we prepare the rib roast in the oven and make a wonderful Yorkshire pudding from the drippings. In addition there are the mashed potatoes, ginger carrots, green beans with almond slivers, hard rolls and a mixed salad. Oh yes Bookbinders horseradish and desert is Indian pudding with vanilla ice cream. I'm looking for something new and different to add to the meal or replace dishes. Anything you can share would be most appreciated. Wouldn't mind a recipe for making my own horseradish sauce.

Chateau briand!

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Yeah! Sounds great!!

The menu you have sounds pretty all star already! This year I'm making orange creme brulee which reminds me I need to buy more ramekins!

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum!

Smoke that hunk o' meat, (reverse sear)! That will take the meal up a notch or two by itself.
    Stir fry the green beans with onions and minced garlic. Use a bit of soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to add a different flavor.

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB sounds terrific. I don't think the wife will allow the smoke as she wants the drippings for the pudding but will try the green bean recipe. Thank you!

Everything in your menu sounds like a winner already!

I've decided to add MY favorite item to the Christmas menu this year - Blasphemy Ribs, dry brined, tossed in MMD, and glazed in Blues Hog Champions Blend.

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Will have to try this.

We always have beef stew - that doesn't sound like it would work as an accompaniment to your menu, which sounds stellar BTW.

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      Love beef stew! Could make a variation of it with the leftover roast as it will be about 14 lbs and there are always leftovers!

I agree, what the hecks wrong with that menu ??? You may want to try a Beef Wellington. It's simply a pastry wrapped tenderloin, fairly simple and makes a very elegant presentation. Other than that, I want an invite to your house !!

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Troutman! If you're in New Hampshire Christmas day you're invited!

I will do a roast at some point but will be doing beef short ribs for Christmas.

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't done beef short ribs yet. Up here in New Hampshire not sure where to get them where they haven't been all cut apart. On the search for a good butcher which again up here is hard to find if not impossible.

As far as a recipe for horseradish sauce, secretariat sauce is great. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...m-sauce-recipe

Comment

• bronzewound
      bronzewound commented
      Editing a comment
      many thanks for this recipe! will definitely make it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here