Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im going to make chuck roast chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going to make chuck roast chili

I haven't done this yet so this will be my first. I got some salt on it tonight. I also bought some ground pork sausage to add some porky flavor, and I'm not going to use any beans. Tomorrow I'll smoke the chuck then I'll go from there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181201_182022.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	600703

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181201_182110.jpg Views:	1 Size:	496.6 KB ID:	600702
    Last edited by Attjack; December 2, 2018, 12:20 AM.

Mmmm...just the way I like to do my chili too! Happy cooking!

Comment

Right on!! Loooong slow cook in the pot to get that meat tender....daaaaaaaaaang I'm hungry!!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I am also considering smoking the whole pot on my kamado. Potkettleblack if I go with a pressure cooker do I add less liquid or will it reduce like it would on the grill or slow cooker?

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot less liquid.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Potkettleblack .

I smoked a pork shoulder and chuckie a couple of weeks ago and made chili. It really makes a difference, another layer in your chili. Good Luck...Yummm

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you incorporate the pork shoulder? Same as the chuck, smoke a couple hours, then cube/dice? Or added pulled pork to the chili, or what?

• Timbo54
        Timbo54 commented
        Editing a comment
        I pulled the pork shoulder and chuckie at about 160. Cut up into 1 inch cubes and discard as much fat as possible. I then seared in cast iron pan in batches to get a nice crust, after that it all went into the chili pot and I started building my chili. I simmered for a couple of hours and finished off till tender.

Good looking chuckie!!

Comment

Your repertoire is ever growing and the end results always speak for themselves.

Comment

That sounds great.

Comment

Allow me to send my address when your done so it can be professionally tasted! Please post recipe if it is a hit!

Comment

Been snowing here for a few days, this sounds amazing right now.

Comment

Sounds good. I did this recently with help from the Pit. You might want to check out this link...
                Chili cookoff coming up at my work. Any recipes you'd like to share? Medium to medium hot please.:think:

Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Great minds think alike. Dug through the freezer yesterday, couldn’t find the chuck roast that I swore I had in there. But I did find a top round roast and a pound of chorizo. Roast has been dry brining since last night. Gonna fire up the Hasty-Bake soon and get working on it. Looking around the kitchen right now to see what else is handy.

Comment

I have the kamado warming up and the rub mixed up. The plastic bag on the right is the beef rub I made for a recent brisket. I started with that for this chili rub.

Name:	20181202_095421.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	600911

Comment

I took the chuck to about 176 then charred the veggies a little.

Name:	20181202_135908.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	601089

Name:	20181202_140113.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	601090

Name:	20181202_140346.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	601087

Name:	20181202_141338.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	601088

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Best one IMO.

• theroc
                        theroc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fine liquid refreshment you have there

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        theroc it sure hit the spot.

Looks like a great start Attjack ! Chili has been on my mind lately as well. I usually start with a good spicy bloody mary mix as a starter for my base. I can't get my favorite bloody mary mix around here for chili anymore (Red Eye Habenero) so I'm going to have to go on search for a replacement. Nice choice on the chuckie and a fine looking one at that! Post some pics when finished!.

Comment

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s an interesting base, I might have to play around with that

Looking good Attjack! ..... I just got everything in the pot and cooking

Name:	08286C3F-A6BD-41F8-9169-92530EBACDD2.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	601096

Comment

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Attjack yep, I started yesterday .... will be serving for dinner tonight :-)

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mine should be ready for Monday night football.

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Attjack mmmmmmm chili for MNF .... .I like it

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here