Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off-beat Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat-fishing for Channels in the Green River. Look it up, you'll get it...

Comment

peanut butter toast and orange juice. root beer float and why bread (haven't done that in a while, though)

something i tried that was better than i though: cantaloupe and dill pickle

Comment

Whiskey and pickles.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, then get yourself a pickleback, jfmorris . I'm about to head out early and get myself something. Now that we've had this talk it might just be a whiskey with a pickleback.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s a pickleback?

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          A shot of pickle juice to go with your whiskey.

My favorite indulgence is cream cheese and Smuckers Tart Cherry preserves spread on anything, even a saltine.

Comment

Whiskey with a pickleback.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickleback.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	600002

​​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickleback

Comment

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            I like some of Pickleback's music but they aren't playing any venues in the US next year. Only Japan, Aus & Can. What is up with that?

I think some of you might be pregnant

Comment

A couple of kids in Junior high would steel lunches so I started eating sardines sandwiches And cow tongue they quit stealing my lunches

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone kept stealing by brother's desert from his lunch when he was in high school. He asked our mother to bake some cupcakes and leave one without icing. He melted some Ex-lax and iced the cupcake with that. No more problems for him although I'm not sure about the thief.

Lots of strange combos here and I'm down with most of them. However, I just want to say with utmost surety and conviction that pineapple has no place on a pizza.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              + 1 !

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              +2

• aladdin4d
              aladdin4d commented
              Editing a comment
              You are entitled to this belief, of course, but the only concession I'll make is not to call it pizza in your presence. Instead I'll say it's a traditional Hawaiian flatbread with pulled pork or pineapple teriyaki Spam on Naan.

Beer and Reece's cups

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              With dark beer works fer me...

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, beer goes good with several sweet treats. My wife thinks I'm crazy, good to know I'm not.

Nothing really weird I guess, but I love mayonnaise and French fries... or gravy or malt vinegar... sometimes a combination. Damn Brits corrupted me. Not something I do regularly but I was at a party a few beers too many in and chocolate cake came out, dipped it in my beer and it was quite good. Never found the perfect chocolate cake and beer type to recreate what my mind remembers though

Comment

peanutbutter and cheddar sandwiches
              chocolate cake and Corona
              Peanutbutter stuffed grilled jalapenos
              Raw REAL hardwood smoked bacon and muskmellon

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                "Raw" as in homemade that was cooked when smoked I assume?

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                you assume wrong sir. Raw as in slab bacon that is dry cured, hardwood smoked, and then sliced in front of me. Huskee but yes the smoke and dry cure cook it.

I can't help it - there's a precedent. painter pointed out that pineapple has no place on pizza.

Well, neither do anchovies, and there's a reason. So, for the vintage reptiles here like Mr. Bones , EdF, ecowper et al, here goes:

This is the story of a young couple in Portland, Maine.

While waiting for her husband Don to return home from work, she reaches for a can of anchovies.
              As she spreads the tiny fish across a piece of lettuce, she notices a small note at the bottom of the can.
              Written on it is a telephone number.

Curious, she dials, and is told, "Don't move, lady, we'll be right over."

Placing the phone back on the hook, she turns to see three smartly dressed men standing in her kitchen doorway.
              Before she realizes what is happening to her she is rolled tightly in long sheets of cellophane, transported to an international airport and placed on a waiting jet-liner.

All this being too much for her to comprehend, she passes out.

Upon awakening, she finds herself in a strange, foreign speaking nation.

'Dalas nekcihc dna tihs nekcihc neewteb
              Ecnereffid eht wonk ot suineg a ekat t'nseod ti.'

Alone, fearing her escape impossible, she seeks comfort in the arms of a confidential agent.

With the trace of her kiss still warm upon his lips, he betrays her to the hands of three scientists who are engaged in diabolical, avant-garde experiments previously performed only on insects and other small, meaningless creatures.

Using her as their subject, they are delighted with the results. For the first time, a human being is transformed into a...

ssshhhh, top secret...

Meanwhile, back in Portland, Maine;

Her husband Don, now chain-smoking 40 packs of cigarettes a day, sits at a local bar and has a few beers with the regulars.

Bored, everyone's attention turns to the television set that just hangs from the wall. "Welcome to Bowling for Dollars!"

Suddenly, crazy Al says:
              "S-say, Don, there sure is something familiar about that bowling ball!"

To which a terrified Don replies:
              "Oh my God! That bowling ball, it's my wife!"

And the lesson we learn from this story is, next time you place your order, don't forget to say,

"No anchovies please."

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol!
                Btw, I speak that language, Yob Ythguan!

The original Recee's Peanut butter cup commercials were hilarious. Who walks around in public eating from a container of peanut butter?

Chocolate covered pretzels are a great pairing.

Comment

• JGo37
                JGo37 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, I guess I won't any more...

I like:
              • putting peanut butter on slices of cheese (colby or cheddar mostly);
              • I eat peanut butter out of the jar regularly (but not in public)
              • Fries dipped in chocolate frosty (or any chocolate shake)
              • salt & pepper on salads
              • pepper on cottage cheese (to me this seems normal but I'm told by everyone who sees it it's not normal)
              • Putting Frank's in my canned tuna w/ mayo. Makes a Buffalo tuna, similar to Buffalo chicken. Obviously you can do it with canned chicken too.
              • I don't do this often, but try peanut butter on a dill pickle. It tastes kind of like salt & vinegar potato chips.
              • shake a little bit of garlic powder on your eggs, whether fried or scrambled. Really amps them up! Don't overdo it, best to add more if you want.

Almost forgot: Oreo cereal! Place several Oreos in a bowl, cover with milk. Let them mush up and eat w/ spoon. The frosting biscuits don't dissolve well and they are the treats in the brown chocolatey sludge. I got that idea from being and kid a dropping my Oreos in the glass of milk, at first an accident then intentional. Transferred this habit to the more practical "bowl".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here