Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe App

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes with apologies to Huskee. There are LOTS of GREAT recipes on this site (the recent post on Osso Bucco comes to mind). Does anyone have an App recommendation to store recipes. I'm looking for one that I can directly transfer some the recipes on this site and keep them organized. Both Android and iOS apps will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    The OmegaDog

Evernote and "Eatyourbooks.com" are my go to's.

Comment

I am a big fan of Paprika - it is available for iOS, Android, and it has a handy web bookmarklet for saving recipes while browsing:

I have been using this for ~5 years and I highly recommend it.

Comment

• xaugievike
        xaugievike commented
        Editing a comment
        welcome to the Pit

• labbq
        labbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks xaugievike

I use OneNote

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        I use OneNote as well. Very easy, but maybe only available for Windows.

• xaugievike
        xaugievike commented
        Editing a comment
        they have Mac, and all major phone app versions as well

Copy Me That (for Android. Not sure about IOS) is a huge hit with my wife, but I haven't actually tried it. You can just navigate to a web page that has a recipe, it detects it and creates a shopping list.

Comment

• Arsenlael
        Arsenlael commented
        Editing a comment
        Same

I heard AmazingRibs is coming out with one... right Huskee ?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, yeah in 2045. 😆

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea right after cook book #3

I use Google Drive. I just highlight copy, open Google Drive and past in new file takes 5 minutes.

Comment

• Rod
        Rod commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I use. I copy the recipe to a Word doc where I have my cook notes and pics.

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it really is nice but I may have to check out Paprika app! fzxdoc always has practical advice.

Originally posted by labbq View Post
      I am a big fan of Paprika - it is available for iOS, Android, and it has a handy web bookmarklet for saving recipes while browsing:

I have been using this for ~5 years and I highly recommend it.
      I'm a big fan of Paprika as well. All you do is open the app, browse to the site where the recipe is, and click "Download". The recipe and photo appear in your recipe file. You can edit, add it to a category or two, etc. Easy peasy.

Kathryn

Comment

• Texas Larry
        Texas Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 more for Paprika. Been using it for years. Have close to 3000 recipes in it? Most of which I’ll never use, but it’d great for browsing ideas.

• JOE E
        JOE E commented
        Editing a comment
        does it cost $30.00 ?

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        JOE E , the iPhone app is $5.00.

Kathryn

I use Cook'N

Comment

I use Google Keep to store recipes and cooking logs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gzVJ40M.png Views:	1 Size:	220.8 KB ID:	593215

Click image for larger version  Name:	ZykKWt6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	228.8 KB ID:	593216
        Last edited by Attjack; November 15, 2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I used EverNote - fine. I switched to One Note because I have to use it for other reasons.

Google Keep is cool and fast on a Chrome OS tablet or 2:1, which BTW are available for ! $ 140 on Black Friday (the big 2:1).

I just drove Paprika Recipe Manager around the block and really like it up front.

labbq & fzxdoc I'm trying it out!

Comment

Old thread, but I am really slow. I downloaded Paprika the other day and I am pretty impressed. Now maybe I can get rid of all those stained pieces of paper next to my cookbooks.

Comment

• Dan Deter
              Dan Deter commented
              Editing a comment
              Those stains are my defense against anybody stealing my recipes...nobody else can tell what it says there...

I use and like Paprika. One thing I really like is that it syncs, so if I add a recipe in the Mac app, it's synced to my iPhone, iPad, etc. I do wish it could grab nutritional info but... eh.

A friend has, uses and like Anylist https://www.anylist.com/recipes too.
            Last edited by rickgregory; January 29, 2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. That's what I like about Google keep too. Plus you can share shopping lists with other family members.

I use Cozi. Web, ios and Droid versions. If you like a recipe in there you can add the ingredients to your shopping list. NOt for everyone but for us it works.

Comment

Gotta have a look at the Paprika app.
              I generally just copy it into a PDF file and upload to Drobox...that way I can also share it as needed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here