Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you measure or just pour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bake I measure/weigh. It’s chemistry and I follow the rules to get the right reactions every time. Otherwise, I measure unless it’s a smaller amount, tablespoon or less, then I just eyeball it.

Comment

I've created certain recipes that I always want to replicate (Bloody Mary's, KC BBQ sauce, Hot sauce, sloppy Joe's, coney sauce) so I do measure for these. Everything else I eyeball or just wing it.

Comment

lets see, would you want me to guesstimate the torque on those engine mount bolts? the axle nut for the main landing gear wheels? or maybe the cabin window you're sitting next to? hehehe. I measure.

Comment

• Fire Art
          Fire Art commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m a plumber close is good enough in the rough in world

I measure when using a recipe, but if making up a recipe with ingredients I am familiar with I just shake or scoop.

Comment

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
          I'm a Virgo.
          Me too. I measure/weigh for some things like baking and BBQ rub-concocting, but for other things I eyeball it and taste as I go.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here