Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between Dry brineing and rubbing the night before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate
    replied
    I’ve done this with pork many times and I think Jerod Broussard has said before that he has done this too.

Leave a comment:

• mnavarre
    replied
    I dry brine with salt heavy rubs all the time, salt is salt.

Leave a comment:

• Mo Porkplease
    replied
    Just using my own experience, but I rinse after dry brining because I use higher amount of salt, then use a salt free rub. I am sure Harry uses lower amount of salt in his rub so overnighting should not hurt anything. I am sure it will be tasty!! I put rub and salt the night before if I know time is going to be an issue the next day.

Leave a comment:

• Whats the difference between Dry brineing and rubbing the night before?

I realize this has probably been covered before but I don't get on here much (as I would like too) any more. So (long story for short question) My Kitchen is being redone. A couple of days ago they pulled up all the counter tops, took out the sink and started pulling new wires to bring my Kitchen out of the late 70's into the appliance rich 21 century. When they killed the electric they killed the extra box freezer but they weren't suppose to take more than 24 hours. But then one thing lead to another and they haven't been back for 2 days and wont come over the weekend!!! So a couple of Prime Briskets I had in there are thawing/thawed So I decide to smoke them tomorrow. You see mother nature is being kind to me (for once lol) the temp right now is 39 and its suppose to only get down to 35 tonight before a high of 51 degrees. So decided to dry brine them tonight (and leave them out side over night in covered containers.) So when I go to get the kosher salt I'm reminded that I ordered a bottle of Harry Soo's beef rub especially for one of the prime briskets. So I decided to only dry brine one the other would get the harry soo. Then it hits me if only the salt can be broken down and pulled into the meat what does it matter if I just dry brine or put rub on over night?? wont only the salt be pulled into the meat, while the rest just sits on top like a good rub should? So I did. Then immediately wonder if I just wasted the rub?? (that Harry Soo stuff is quite expensive) I guess I'll find out tomorrow lol. So really whats the difference?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here