Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCG do you get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCG do you get it.

More Cooking Gratification.
    Tossed 36 Smash Burgers on the flattop today, actually I should say "Squash Burgers" I somehow used that term when I was asked what I was preparing some months ago by my peeps and the name has stuck.
    I had prepared a lot of other meals as well, but had no smoked chicken for chicken mayo toasted sammie's (no breasts for most of the week). Their disappointment led me to conclude that some of the folks were having serious withdrawal symptoms and to avoid any conflict I told them I would smoke some this evening when I got home.
    On the drive home I was really tired from all the action in the kitchen earlier and did not think I was going to be up to it (I was even thinking of excuses for why I hadn’t).
    After finishing the morning papers crossword I went out into the yard and came face to face with my new kettle and my whole mood changed. Off came the lid, charcoal, flame and it’s now called MCG - More Cooking Gratification.
    I truly get hyped when it comes to smoking food.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181108_185004.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	589956
    Last edited by holehogg; November 8, 2018, 10:55 AM. Reason: Added pic as proof.

Yessir!

Comment

Oh yeah!!!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Always looking forward to my next cook!

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            and planning in-between :-)

Dat looks good.

Comment

I feel your pain

Comment

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              Pain can also makes us better people..

I think I get the smoke saturation appetite retardation syndrome. Which is okay, because I love the sliced smoked lunchmeats I pack away in the fridge. Especially with kold kosher dill burger slices on the side (K2dbs-squared). The smoked pork loin wafers I use for eggs benedict are to die for when paired with homemade hollandaise. The pulled meats I pack away for brioche buns and Infinity Mop Juice (I'll post this one soon) with extra sharp slices of melted cheddar are an 'any time of day' turn to.

MCD for me comes TDA (the day after) SSARS has subsided, and SMITHS (Smoked Meats in the House Syndrome) has blossomed to MEET (meal excitement epiphany tension). The only way to resolve this is, obviously, to EAT. (figure it out)

Comment

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              Literally and figuratively well put.

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I especially liked the smoke saturation apetite retardation syndrome. Then again, am I getting into the like the liked thing again. 🕶

I only git MCG on days that end in 'y' ...

I love to smoke food!!!!

Comment

• holehogg
              holehogg commented
              Editing a comment
              Those are the best days to get it.. I believes everybody here.loves to smoke food😊

You guys are making me hungry. Got to go check the fridge.

Comment

Guilty!!!!!!!!

Comment

I absolutely get MCG! That's why I put two pork butts on the BGE last night and got up at 3 this morning to put 8 racks of baby backs on the COS. The wife of a friend from the veterans non profit i volunteer at asked me to do a special lunch today for her husband's 75th birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed surprising him and watching 40+ people devour the ribs and pulled pork. His wife and son said it was the best ribs and pulled pork he had ever had. I'm happy with the outcome, as it was my first big cook involving my recently modified COS. First time having the COS and BGE going at the same time. Got home, enjoyed at glass of Traverse City cherry infused whiskey, and took a nap. It was a was a good day.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice!

• holehogg
                  holehogg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like my kinda enjoyment.

I totally get it! Got MCG bad yesterday, so went searching in the freezer. Found a frozen turkey breast made to cook frozen in the oven in a bag (included). Bullfeathers! That sucker is thawed and will go on the pellet smoker (sans bag) today.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whataya got against cookin in a baggie?

Makes ya wanna smoke some peanut butter even. 🕶

Comment

• holehogg
                  holehogg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The're are so msny things I want to smoke that I know just won't work but the temptation remains.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here