Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick Your Favorite Protien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably cook more steak and seafood than anything else, but I think my favorite thing to do is Brisket. I’m still not very good at it, but I really do enjoy the entire process and tending to my cooker all day long to get a passable product. That said, cooking ANYTHING outside on one of my pits is a win in my book.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^^^^this^^^^^

This poll is totally rigged...I didn't see an option for soy anywhere. It would totally win if you made it an option.

Comment

• Santamarina
      Santamarina commented
      Editing a comment
      #blocked

Lamb?
    ​​​

Comment

This is a fun thread. Troutman since you wrote pick your favorite protein to cook, I chose pork butt since it is so tasty and most importantly easy to do and not mess up. It isn't my favorite to eat, but I feel I answered honestly. I wouldn't be able to choose my favorite to eat!

Comment

I voted pork ribs, due to frequency of cookin... a major factor is that they're ready relatively quickly, vs briskets, chuckies, (which sadly didn't make th poll), pork butts; I gotta eat on th weekdays, too!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 30, 2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
          BriggsBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          That is what drove me to pork ribs too. Sometimes it is just hard to schedule a 12 hour+ cook.

Thanks for those who participated in this poll. And sorry Mr. Bones for not including chuck which I'm sure would have garnished a large following. Regardless the outcome did surprise me. I knew steaks would be popular but brisket and pork ribs in third and fourth was not what I expected. I thought brisket would give steaks a run for the money and be second to those two with beef ribs (a favorite of mine!) coming in fourth. Oh well, smoke and grill on brothers and sisters...more steak !!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	meat graph.jpg Views:	1 Size:	184.4 KB ID:	586699

Comment

Dang! How did I miss this poll! I didn't get to vote for my favorite - PORK RIBS!

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
            BriggsBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            That was my vote.

I'm going for HDL Cholesterol myself, if you can accept the stretch that an acetyl sterol can be accepted as a protein when seen as a subcellular enzymatic precursor...

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            steak

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman they should be ribs. Aren't they just a thick rib eye, from prime rib? Not arguing, learnin'. STL mostly calls 'em cowboys. I'm not sure of the $ / lb but they run ~ $ 25.00 each. I don't buy them enough.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a bone in ribeye steak, or as you so apply put it, a Cowboy steak. Most Cowboy steaks here don't have the extended rib bone, thus the term Tomahawk. Beef short ribs that have meat are taken from the lower section of the rib and chuck, so different. Back ribs are the trimmed bones left after they cut the steaks off.

I also missed the poll. My favorite to cook is brisket - so delicious - but pork shoulder makes it’s way in more often simply because it’s cheaper.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here