Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick Your Favorite Protien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick Your Favorite Protien

As with cookers, we all have our favorite "go to" meat or protein that we love to cook. Although it would be too lengthy to list every type of protein out there, I just list the more popular kind;
    Brisket
    17.86%
    Pork Butts - Pulled or Steaked
    10.71%
    Beef steaks - ribeyes, sirloins, t-bones, etc.
    32.14%
    Beef Ribs
    19.64%
    Pork Ribs
    14.29%
    Chicken, turkeys other fowl
    1.79%
    Fish or shellfish
    3.57%
    Wild game - venison
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Troutman; November 1, 2018, 09:51 AM.

Aren't you supposed to be "working" or something......

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      HaHaHaHA

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm an excellent multi-tasker

Love beef ribs but cook far more pork ribs so had to go with that. To choose one protein over the other is very dependent on the craving at the time. I enjoy all of the above except venison not as much.

Comment

On my patio.......Brisket is KING!!!

Beef Ribs are a close second.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to be smokin' some of those big ass fish you're catching.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhhh, yes. I wish! We didn't bring any back! Troutman

I have come to love cooking beef ribs (plates). but steaks are a close second. Than I would have to go with pork butts.

Comment

Hard to pick just one ...

Comment

Whole hog....

Comment

Beef ribs have always been my favorite. Easy to cook and they pretty much always turn out delicious.

If I had to rank some others it would be brisket followed by steaks, pork butt, chicken, and then pork ribs. But I cook a lot more steaks than the other cuts. Pretty much try to eat a nice steak once a week.

Comment

I voted for Beef Steaks as the go to protein at our house is tri-tip. I prefer the whole tri-tip as opposed to the cut up into steaks size.

Just the two of us at home now so the size is perfect. The kid is moving back in for a few months so I'll probably find myself cooking whole packer briskets on a regular basis to feed him.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I also voted beef steaks in large part because of tri-tips.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                but where do I put my beer?
                Might be a Great Chance to justify th purchase of a spiffy new cooler, brother...
                Jus Sayin...

• Santamarina
                Santamarina commented
                Editing a comment
                Where do you put your beer??? In the kegerator!!!!

I just dislike the whole protein thing. Call it meat. What kinda meat do ya like, big cattle, swimming variety, or cackle birds. I’m reminded that peanuts & milk are proteins also, & I can’t stick a fork in any of it.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                It's rigged!

Here's what the old interweb has to say about fish, as a for instance;
              Seafood is any form of sea life regarded as food by humans. Seafood prominently includes fish and shellfish. Shellfish include various species of molluscs, crustaceans, and echinoderms. ... Seafood is often distinguished from meat, although it is still animal and is excluded in a strict vegetarian diet.

Same thing with poultry. It's distinguished from meat which is attributed to mammals, thus the 'meat' of the fowl is considered poultry or white meat.

Sooo....technically I should have called it Choose Your Favorite Meat, Fish or Poultry. To keep it simple I chose protein. Trying to save space which this explanation just blew. Now go back and hold your wife's hand Mr. Crabby, she needs you now.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Polarbear777 that makes no sense at all but I think it’s the funniest thing I’ve read in weeks! LOL!

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well my friend didn’t believe chicken should have a status of "meat".

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, my point exactly !!!

I make more steak for family consumption,but I cook a lot of brisket,pork shoulder,chicken,and pork ribs.That being said I love beef ribs so voted for them!

Comment

My choice wasn’t up there, I cook a lot of chuck roast. After that it’s pretty much even with everything else.

Comment

Wow that's a hard one. But since Instarted reverse searing ribeyes they have a slight lead.

Comment

I did pork ribs. However I cook mostly chicken because it is healthy and pretty cheap. Also you can put chicken with a bunch of stuff. After making sous vide back ribs I might switch to making more ribs. To me reheated st. louis are not that good for the week.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here