Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Cook

I was curious if you were down to one final cook what would it be and what would you cook it on?

It would have to be either a gigantic tomahawk steak or some plate ribs. And definitely cooked on my LSG.

Comment

And here I thought you were checking out on us. Whew!

oh, now that I know we are being very, very serious, chalk me up for a bowl of coco crispies.
      Last edited by FireMan; October 8, 2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here! I was wondering how one comes to the decision that this will be their last cook ever. I hope I never find out!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        and I took you for a Cocoa PUFFS sort of guy.....

I would cook the biggest rack of beef plate ribs I could find. And I would finally get my Lone Start Grill offset and cook it on that. Either that or a whole hog.

Comment

Brisket in the Ranch Kettle. Or ribs, stickburner. That's a tough choice, because I love the way the brisket turns out on that particular cooker, but I love feeding a stickburner for a few hours and how ribs turn out on that one.

Comment

I would build the hog pit from the plans in Meathead's book and cook a whole hog. If it's my last cook, I wouldn't have to worry about my doctor fussing at me for eating all that pork. Maybe I would add a kale leaf as garnish...

Comment

My last meal would be, Last Meal Ribs of course! Likely cooked on the stick burner.

Comment

SV a Dry Brined Tri Tip then a super hot sear over charcoal to Med Rare on the Weber Kettle. Sides would be Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Cole Slaw made with Dukes or Sir Kensingtons Mayo with a hint of Blues Hog Honey Mustard Sauce, Wheat Dinner Rolls with Butter, Steamed Carrots, Blueberry Pie with Ice Cream, and of course some Eagle Rare in ice! I too hope that I wouldn't know it's my last cook!

Comment

Tough one. Almost hope I don’t get any advance warning of my last cook, but I would also go with beef ribs, or maybe chuck roast.

Comment

Easy. A perfect cheeseburger. I don't know exactly what I would put on it, but it would be perfect. With tater tots, spicy hot baked beans, cole slaw, and a really, really cold Coke. With lots of ice.

Comment

Throw in some corn-on-the-cob.....

.......oh yea and an entire bottle of Blanton's to wash it down. Why not, last rights meal correct?

Comment

I would either cook a Boston Butt or St Louis ribs on my BGE.

Comment

I can't imagine getting to a last meal, so I'm a bit blocked on this one for now.

"De Nile ain't just a river in Africa"!

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Africa, lol

Big ol' Prime brisket with king crab piled on top. I'd cook it on my stickburner and enjoy every minute of it in a chair beside my cooker, drink in hand.

Comment

Beef ribs on the okj

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here