Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish me luck!

I will be participating in my first cook off on Sunday. I will be making pork belly with a smoked pineapple salsa. If anybody is in the Kissimmee, FL area come up to the Cheers on Polynesian Isle. $25 for all the cue you can eat. I hope to make AmazingRibs proud. Pictures will definitely be posted.

Good luck man!!!!

Comment

• DeathCassette
      DeathCassette commented
      Editing a comment
      Just the man I was looking for. I'm gonna be doing the pork belly on my PBC. I'm thinking about sous videing (sp?) it for about 16 hours before smoking it. My only worry is that the belly will get too tender and fall off the hook. I would do it on the grate but I'm gonna be cooking about 30 lbs of belly so that is out of the question. Do you think that the sous vide will hold up on hooks?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip the SV.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      DeathCassette I'm actually headed to the store today to see about ordering a case of pork belly. I certainly wouldn't sous vide as already mentioned. They should be more than good on the hooks to 150.

Good luck. But I know you got this and don’t need it.

Comment

Work hard, then enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Comment

Awesome brother! Best of luck to you. We look forward too seeing your pictures!

Comment

Good luck, glad you’re representing!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Mornin' Senor Trout!

Good luck
          and may the BBQ judges shine on you!

Comment

No luck needed. You got this nailed with pork belly. Good luck anyway.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Cheers, brother. Have fun and good luck.

Comment

Knock it out man, if you sous vide, then brick the pork belly (press) in the fridge so it’s all level for a few hours, and cut into equal pieces should be ready to go for the grill. The linguist himself Gordon Ramsay has a good method in his one video, just instead of roasting in oven like he did sous vide first. Check the temps though, sous can go a bit lower than the oven.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here