Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is cooking what this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep hearing something about a "tropical wave", the weekend down here might be rather soggy. So plans are, for now, tentative. Might be socked in, but then again maybe not. I will have a better idea in the next day or two.

Comment

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike, I've been praying. Wife has a niece who lives in Redding, and we have seen many, many pictures of the Carr fire. Her husband is a corrections officer, and has been out with the prisoners fighting the fire.

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      You get used to it. The rain doesn’t always stop my outdoor cooking, I have a covered area and there is a reason I went with the ceramic cooker. Rain doesn’t bother it too much. It leaks heat a bit faster when it’s wet, but nowhere close to metal.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Bogy we live an hour north of Redding and yes, that Carr Fire was a monster. We have another one just south of us that the USFS was just letting burn and smoking up the North State. It finally started threatening state/private land and my alma mater, CAL FIRE, has stepped in to put it out. BTW, I ran inmate crews for a while and it was a great job. tbob4 used be a CO as well.

Butcher brats, chuck roast brunt ends, ribeyes, hog roast on sunday. Monday is chicken day.

Comment

Planning to smoke some St Louis cut Ribs and Pork Sausage for sure. May do some chicken, Steak, or Burgers.

Comment

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        PJBowmaster I wondered just where in the Hills you were. Beautiful area. Many years ago a friend of mine was the pastor of a congregation there. Went to visit them one year and made the mistake of going by way of Sturgis, the week of the ralley. Very interesting drive through town. No churches in my denomination open in the Hills right now.

• PJBowmaster
        PJBowmaster commented
        Editing a comment
        Bogy. Didn't realize you were Clergy. We are looking for an Orthodox Priest in Rapid City....

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        PJBowmaster That would be an interesting change. Maybe to much of a change!

My FIRST brisket. Should be interesting. 13 people arriving to witness - either success or failure. Hoping for the former.
      Wondering if a 15-lb packer will feed that many - may need ... ribs too?

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be good. You have several pounds of fat unless that is already the trimmed weight, and will lose a few cups of liquid during the cook as well - one reason I have wrapped my briskets so far. If you have a lot of sides that will be plenty.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Should be about the right amount with sides. Go get 'em, young Ben!

We are visiting one of our Daughters for a couple days so Dad will be eating her cooks. She a very good cook and likes to experiment. I'm not sure where she got the idea??

Comment

It's Friday 4:30 pm and the briskets been in the cooker since 11 am.

Comment

Powders, rubs, and seasonings. 😀 loosley followed MH's S&G rub, American Chili Powder, and Creole seasoning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180831_100058.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	558452

Name:	20180831_100811.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	558453

Name:	20180831_102121.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	558454

Name:	20180831_103131.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	558455

Name:	20180831_105642.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	558456

Name:	20180831_110602.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	558457

Name:	20180831_112931.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	558458

Comment

• obiQsmoker
            obiQsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            Whoa - that’s what I call FRESH!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you ever go to work?

You're herbs don't match the song...…. parsley, sage, rosemary …….

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol! Not today brother!

Got a chuck roast in the anova, maybe some ribs on the wsm. Got some brisket from an earlier cook vacuum sealed with some texas mop, may thaw some out to see how it held up. Baked beans, some slaw, maybe potato salad. Going to visit family in GA, I'll try and get some pics before it gets gone.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot to mention I am finally getting a chance to use Hank's Beef Rub. I am pretty stoked about that.

WIBS ! Foe wacks of em!

Comment

Ribs, Chicken Thighs, Sausage, Beans, and Jalapeño Poppers in The Pit. Dinner is about 6:30 pm here in the Mountain Time Zone...🍻😎 Click image for larger version

Name:	ECDB0421-7CD4-4B4A-B8F4-23E5544C2A61.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	560785

Comment

Picked up four 16oz filets from my local butcher. Dry brine overnight. Medium rare on the Weber 22" w/SnS. Reverse sear using cold grate technique from ABC. Grilled some asparagus too. Only have the one photo. I was too excited to dig in and forgot to take more.
              They were outstanding. Cut with a butterknife tender.
              Made great steak and eggs for leftovers too.

Name:	20180903_202635.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	560856

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here