Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is cooking what this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who is cooking what this weekend

I'm up in the air right now thinking about getting a 5 to 6 inch thick chuckie, but also waiting on my new addition so would have to add to that

That's a thick chuckie! I'm just cooking some Conecuh Cajun sausage on the kettle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7165.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	557696

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      The boudain ain’t half bad either !!!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      A friend of mine turned me on to these a couple of months ago. Since then we have probably eaten 10lbs of the stuff.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I ran into a guy at the Publix yesterday buying some of these. He said his wife makes him cook her some just about every morning; I asked them what time was breakfast today. They told me to come on by, but I just bought a pack instead. Couldn't get them on the grill, but they fried up nice and we ate the whole damn pack.

Have yet to decide, wanna do a chuck, pulled pork. Ribs and wings,we’ll see how that works out though

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Never go wrong with wings

Well, I just got word that the new WSCG will be here Friday. Took a butt out of the freezer, have some lamb chops already defrosting, and will grab a chicken at some point. That thing is going to get a workout this weekend. Oh, and the Fireboard will be here today. Poured the footings for the new deck today so I now have some new incentive to get it done!

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice score, fire it up !!!’

• radshop
      radshop commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude! Slow down - you're making the rest of us look bad.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha radshop, don't worry, I'm plenty slow and rarely miss either cocktail or nap time! It's all about time management.

Prime rib roast this Sunday.

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Trade you for a chuckie

Got the week off so I'm starting with Salmon and then pork tenderloin first. After that whatever catches my fancy, which is usually what's on sale at the market!

Comment

No plans, but I'm thinkin' either a chucky or a butt.

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good. When are you going to post more of your nature photos

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        customtrim - I'll try to post a few soon.

Harris Teeter has Smithfield pork butts for $0.99/lb this weekend so I’m grabbing one of those and throwing on the PBC. Haven’t hung a pork butt in months. I can’t wait!

Comment

I'm cooking brisket, two shoulders,and 6 racks SLC for gas station blues for tomorrow night.Then 3 brisket,4 shoulders,and 6 yardbirds for a wedding on Sat.There'll be beans slaw and pasta salad as well.

Comment

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          brisket is from costco ribs from costco bone in butts from restaurant depot I actually remembered to take pics will post soon!

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bardsleyque, I recommended they try out Costco.

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          If your daughter or her husband have any questions they're more than welcome to knock on the door.And if you're in the hood feel free as well.

Fire roasting 3 five gallon pails of Roma tomatoes and then canning which pretty much shoots the weekend but I might still sneak in butt roast.

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man, that's a bunch of work! Sooo worth it though.

• customtrim
          customtrim commented
          Editing a comment
          I did the grilled marina last weekend I dont envy you

I have some U-6 shrimp in the freezer so some type of seafood cook. Stuffed peaches to make a recipe post. Did Chicago Deep Dish last weekend so this weekend will be Detroit style.

Well that is only going to take up maybe half of the 3 day weekend so I'll have to come up with a few other things.

Comment

I have some ribs. looking for a brisket but nothing tickled me. Maybe check out that Teeter sale. They also have tri tips occasionally.

Comment

• smn1285
            smn1285 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhh Tri Tip! I’ll look out for that too, thanks for reminding me.

• customtrim
            customtrim commented
            Editing a comment
            Tri tip sounds better than chuck might have to make a detour to another butcher

I jumping on the Amazingribs.com hot dog newsletter.

Comment

Having some friends over who are obsessed with ribs. So I'm doing ribs three ways. Patta Negra ribs, standard US spares and lamb. And throwing on a chicken, a tritip and bacon for good measure.

Comment

Well, right now I see baby backs, Johnsonville brats, burgers and maybe a butt, as I have all that and more in the freezer. And I gotta empty a couple of beer kegs as I need the kegs empty for wedding beer that is fermenting. So I foresee a Sunday night to Monday morning smoke on the offset, with me tending the fire all night. Run the butt overnight, add the ribs first thing in the morning, and maybe add the brats an hour before lunch.

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                customtrim a bratwurst is just a good pork based sausage, If you like sausage you will like bratwurst as a alternate to hot dogs. I like the uncooked bratwurst, versus the precooked ones that you just heat and serve - those precooked ones are more the size of standard hot dogs. The raw ones have a good bit more meat to them.

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                jfmorris i am sure your wife "likes" drop ins just like mine!

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                klflowers haha, you got that right!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here