Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I have learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I have learned

I cook 70 pounds of meat this week end. 40 pork and 30 beef. Wright down what you want for meat you want them to buy wanted chuck roast I got eye of round and eye of chuck injected beef broth cook low and slow. rub used meat heads BBB Rub both cuts pulled but the eye of chuck much better vacuum pack for next week. I ask for pork butts I got 13 pork sirloins and 2 pork loins I panic so I ask for advice from you guys. Went and got 2 pork butts to add to the cook did butts the normal way to probe tender cook the other meat to 150 internal let mellow In a cooler till cool enough to pull vacuumed pack. I saved all the juices and will reheat in roaster ovens pour juices over pork and a bottle of sweet baby rays honey and chipotle and let Simmer. I still have my fingers crossed but I know it will be great. This has been a huge challenge for me "Butt" with all I have learned from all of you guys I knew it would be great. I will let you all know how it turned out next week. O by the way my Band The Hog Island Ramblers will be playing The wedding reception. At least the reception is a paying gig

You're an iron man - all that cooking, and then providing the music!

Comment

promoted to PitGod

Comment

What a wonderful journey, ya truly have some adaptability, an versatility, very important skillz to have in one's toolbox!

I really have enjoyed yer writeups on this cook, an applaud how ya rolled on with it all!

Hope yer band's gig is equally successful, brother!

Comment

The lesson learned is...buy it yourself and have them pay

Comment

• Fire Art
            Fire Art commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m afraid I have not learned that lesson 🤨

Glad you solved that meat dilemma.

+1 for always buy your own meat and give them the bill!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here