Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite store bought or prepackaged food item you prefer over homemade recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite store bought or prepackaged food item you prefer over homemade recipes?

For me, ketchup (Heinz) and mayo (Dukes!) are 2 items that I much prefer vs any homemade version I have ever tried. Whereas cocktail, BBQ sauces and most salad dressings I would rather make myself - not to say there aren't any good ones out there.

Not limiting this to just condiments... what are yours?

I love Dukes

Comment

Many of the prepackaged Salad Mixes are very good and easy especially for 2-4 people. Like Dole Kale Salad Mix.

Comment

Cheetos-crunchy as a snack. Doritos as a snack & food item.
        And how’s this for a combo, canned sardines or kipper snacks.

Comment

Not much, to be perfectly honest. A few condiments and marinades, and any kind of snack like chips or crackers, but for an entrée I can't think of anything.

Comment

Trader Joe’s Pork Pot Stickers and Orange Chicken

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Both of those are good.

Really good hot dogs are hard to replicate at home.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Brats, Knockwurst, smoked Kielbasa and all of those kind of sausages too!

Swee Baby rays, Best foods mayo, Frenches yellow, mustard, Hebrew Nats, Herdez salsa Casera, Tina's frozen burritos (the one in the green pack) TRader Joe's hummus..... I could go on.

Comment

Hmmmm. Didn't know there was gonna be a quiz, lol!

Fer starters, I've found Mrs. Renfro's Jalapeño Green Salsa, (Hot) to be among my absolute favourite, store-boughten things, an have used it fer quite a very long time!

I'd estimate that I use this probly 20-30 times more often than ketchup, yellow mustard, bbq sauce, or red salsas..
              Mebbe 10 times more frequently than some of my other faves, such as prepared horseradish, spicy brown mustards, Woeber's Sandwich Pal Horseradish Mustard, or even (gasp!) Duke's mayo...

I do unnerstand that yer query is not solely limited to condiments/sauces, but it's th first thing come to mind, when I read it, early this AM...

I'll chime in with others, jus thought of one, but gotta git busy, here, fer a spell...
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 4, 2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Yeah EdF , Brats, dogs & kielbasa, cept I can’t get any kielbasa here in Wisconsin. Nobody knows how to make it here. No, Hillshire farm doesn’t either. I long for some KOWASLKE out of Hamtramck, but the cost of shipping equals the price of the sausage.
                For some odd reason nobody makes knockwurst around here either, even thought it’s a German sausage.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kind of unexpected for your part of the woods!

I suppose you might be able to get some Texas Hots?

Beer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here