Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Mainstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Mainstream

Been smoking and grilling for years, hardly ever see it as main stream except some hokie backyard grilling commercials. Seems lately that bbq is really exploding in various facets of the media....and I say bring it on !!

Pepsi says its beverages are fit for America's best barbecue, worthy of a 100-mile detours and 1,000 likes. Whether you're mopping, dipping or dousing, the company says its sodas are right for what you're craving.
    Last edited by Troutman; August 1, 2018, 12:59 PM.

Maybe this will become the stereotypical American cuisine, instead of cheeseburgers and fries, as it rightly should. Of course, not saying other lands didn't "BBQ" hogs, steers, goats, etc. eons ago. But it really permeates every corner of our land and it's "darn good" on both social and culinary levels.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I tend to agree with the international appeal of cooking over fire, been so since man been around. Smoking techniques; however, I would argue are deeply rooted in American cuisine, especially in the South.

You'll know BBQ has finished 'arriving' when you see everyone doing sponsored competing, driving trucks to comps that look like NASCAR rolling billboards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nascar-truck-martinsville-2016-matt-crafton-thorsport-racing-toyota.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	541396

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, you'll know it's arrived when there is world peace through BBQ!

Great, more mainstream means more innovation which means more gadgets, gizmos, and whirlygigs, which means more MCS. Great!!
    Last edited by CaptainMike; August 1, 2018, 04:18 PM. Reason: Speeling kownts

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm more of a cumulative analysis fan than bell curve, but you and I can both be outliers Mr. Bones.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike I don't know why you sometimes remind me of Steve Martin in Roxanne!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF, my favorite scene from that movie is when the guys were riding the fire hose and rising up and down in the background behind the Chief (Steve Martin) doing admin work. It was funny at the time for what it was, but even funnier after going though the ranks and knowing what I know now!

I'm banking on it as I launch my own smokehouse later this year! A chance to do something I love on a commercially sustainable basis.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck in your pursuit brother, I’ll be rooting for you !!!

• MeatMonster
      MeatMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here