Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding a crowd Monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding a crowd Monday...

Prime brisket. 10 lb Boston butt for pulled pork (it was 1$ a pound at HEB!). Sausage. 3 racks St Louis style ribs. Pork belly burnt ends (first time). The Yoder 640 is going to be CROWDED.

Beans, creamed corn, cole slaw, potato salad, deviled eggs.

Blue Bell for the survivors. Brisket and shoulder go on at midnight. Pics to follow

Good luck man !!!!

Comment

Is Monday a holiday I'm missing? Being retired, I rely on my vitamin pill box to know what day it is. It doesn't call out holidays.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        I know it's Sunday cause the fat paper comes!

• Locotech
        Locotech commented
        Editing a comment
        like Bon Jovi said.."tell the time of day, by the bottle that you drink."

I went to the Dallas Ft Worth area for the week of the 4th...Grammy Camp for my nine grandsons a "Great Wolf Lodge" and a skybox for 30 at the Rangers-Astros game. Down 4-0 my Stros came from behind in the 10th to win. So the holiday is "invite people over so you can cook! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1181.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	529866 Here is the Butt, slathered in SOuth Carolina Gold BBQ sauce and covered with Memphis Meat Rub as modified
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	529867

Brisket. Trimmed, injected with Kosmos reserve and rubbed with BBBR

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	529868 Both go on the Yoder at midnight. 225F

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	529869 6:30 AM. 150 internal and nice bark formed

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	529870 Rendering away after 6 hours.

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        tried to see of I could make it, could not find Sprang TX on map

Sounds like a great day.

Comment

Heck of a Monday! I'm sure it'll be better than mine, I'm about to head to work! Enjoy, my bbq brotha!

Comment

"Sprang" is Texan for "Spring." It's a 'burb on the north side of Houston.
          We don't talk like other people down here in Texas. We talk the right way!

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            OK, think I can make it by serving time!

Then come on.

Comment

30 people came. Went through the 18 lb brisket, 3 racks ribs, several large sausages, pork belly burnt ends and 2/3rds of a 10 lb Boston butt. Cole slaw, potato salad, beans, watermelon, creamed corn, etc along with cookies, brownies and blue bell. If I had more pork belly burnt ends they would have been gone for sure.
            Last edited by fracmeister; July 10, 2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow!

• PappyBBQ
              PappyBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, those folks came with an APPETITE!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here