Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixed Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed Bag

Back from unexpected few weeks working in India. Those boys know a thing or two about cooking meat!

Some of the tandoor prepared meat was just amazing. And yes that's the largest nan-bread in Christendom.

It was very busy though so this is my first chance to catch-up on my recent Q escapades.

So since my last post.....
    I bought and butchered my first full fore-quarter of beef (Aberdeen Angus) ​​​​​ Including my first honest to goodness brisket, boned out and trimmed by my own fair hand.

I got the 60kg section for £3.50 a kilo, which is amazing considering I'm paying way more for butchered cuts like the brisket.

I bought my own meat grinder and sausage maker to deal with the trimmings.

I have made my first steak burgers and sausages with the trimmings - Beef with Taragon and Wild Mushroom!

I also got some fantastic Iberico rib and belly meat which I have trimmed and frozen ready for smoking, and made my first pork sausages (fresh sage and onion).

Attended Brewdogs Beatnik beer festival in my town, cracking day out with some fantastic food and drink.

So a few assorted pics now to prove it's not all make believe..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160919_205409.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	525583
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1530555692856.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	525580Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1530555705866.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	525577Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1530555714235.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	525578Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1530555727224.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	525579Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1530555670215.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	525576Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1530555661510.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	525575

Sounds like fun times.

Comment

That sir is awesome butchering your own takes it to the next level! J.D.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

India is an amazing place. I had go out of my way to find meat. Very interesting!

Comment

• MeatMonster
            MeatMonster commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in Bangalore (India's Silicon Valley), young affluent population with a food and drink scene to match. In particular their microbrewery scene is huge and beef is on the menu due to liberal attitudes.

MeatMonster, AS I eMailed You Our Son Shawn, Arrived In Aberdean About Midnight Last Night From
          Dubai ❗️❓❗️ I Suggested That He Contact You❗️ His eMail Address Is: [email protected]‼️
          I Think It Would Be Great If The Two Of You Could Arrange To Meet‼️
          From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND USA, Dan

Comment

• MeatMonster
            MeatMonster commented
            Editing a comment
            I have reached out to him with my mobile, how long is he in town for?

A smashing post. Well done to you.

Comment

You have been one busy laddie !!! I'm not sure I'd have the strength to follow you around

I'd be very interested in seeing how the Indians cook open fire, or with coals or whatever they do. Remember barbecue is going to save the world !!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here