Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2-Zone Miracle Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-Zone Miracle Tool

Here's my 'go to' accessory for setting up two zones in a generic grill - aluminum oven drip sheets. You get a couple of these for a couple dollars. What you see here is the small size from Hefty.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Oven Drip Sheet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.53 MB ID:	523217
    You'll see below that I manage moving the grates around with a hand spade. I've bought the cool cast iron grate-moving hand tool before only to struggle with it, drop it two feet and see the 'grate hook' break off the end. From now on, it's hand spades for me.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Grill Rack Spade Tool.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.36 MB ID:	523218
    Now spend a couple minutes to bend, cut, and place the formed drip sheet in to create a convection wall and block radiated heat from your slow-cook cuts. I use my poultry shears because cutting aluminum sharpens them - a bonus.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Rack it.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.70 MB ID:	523219
    Here we are ready to lift the grate and load coals & wood.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ready for Coals.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.19 MB ID:	523220
    This is the setup I just replaced, which I used at least ten times before deciding to pull it for new, but it stood up well. You can see that radiated heat items can be added and grilled late in the game to finish the side dishes - like corn.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoke It.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.11 MB ID:	523221
    If you try this and like it, let me know!
    Last edited by JGo37; June 27, 2018, 10:55 PM. Reason: Removed a photo to reduce post size...

Lookin good! What are you cookin on?

Comment

Great ingenuity, amigo! Points Awarded!
      Is that a Kingsford 24"? Sure looks like it!!!
      I have one my dang self, have made many hundreds of great cooks on it! Still do, love th versatility!

Comment

It is 24" but it's a rebranded scatch'n'dent steal from WalMart that's seen two seasons so far, & this is the grill that sealed up great when I stopped cleaning it. Stamped 'Expert Grill', which is a tall order to live up to.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here