Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That just happened....

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I need more meals like this one! Beautiful.

Ernest I just finished eating, but now I'm hungry again...

Comment

16 hr SNS cook of a 12 lb prime brisket and Steve Raichlens " Best Beans Ever". Had the beans under the brisket collecting the goods for a couple hrs then finished on the top grate while the brisket was in the cambro. Dry brine on the brisket and rubbed with BBBR. EXCELLENT!!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn nice job and good idea with the beans!

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Bark awesome!

Make your favorite cheesecake recipe. Bake in the smoker 300 for an 1:30-1:45. Light on the smoke. I used cherry wood.
      Last edited by Splatt44; July 12, 2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to see some cheesecake photos tonight.

Boston Butt to be smoked later this week on my 22" Kettle + SnS. $1.39 a pound at a local store here in Milton Florida. In Nashville I usually pay nearly $2 a pound. To top it off, I always remove most of the fat cap and this one has most of it already trimmed so even a better price since I'm not paying for the fat cap.

I'll come back with photos over the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6664.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	194179

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice price.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent price. I bought a slew of butts last week to smoke as my contribution to a work potluck. Wouldn't you know it, $3.49/lb. I swear they knew I was coming, I've NEVER seen them that high until I needed a bunch on short notice!

I was home all day..... So yeah, that happened.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        St. Louis!!!!

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        Yum!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        ...and it "happened" very nicely!

You know, I didn't think to take pictures of the July 4 fixings. We are in central Mexico, just south of Guadalajara, and I got a 15# USDA Choice Certified Angus brisket, 4 Swift pork spareribs, and 15 Johnsonville Brats. Brisket was on the Weber Smokey Mtn for 8 1/2 hrs then wrapped in foil and into a 200 deg oven for 10 hrs. Ribs were on for 6 hrs and the brats for 1 1/2 hrs. All this time the smoker was 230-245 deg. Pecan chucks and Kingsford charcoal.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Pit! We'll let the lack of pictures of that awesome feast slide since you're a new member....but not next time..wink wink!

A meaty 4th. Costco tri tip, Santa Maria style. Dry brined, reverse sear. Yummy!

Comment

The lady is working late, so I treated myself to a ribeye cap for one. Rubbed with BBBR, reverse sear with a touch of applewood smoke. Took it off at 130, rested 10 mins. Made some classic sides, baked potato and creamed spinach. Costco coming through with the great meat once again!

Comment

Oxtail. I love oxtail....... This one was served over mashed cauliflower

Comment

A block of ribeye taken from the subprimal I have aging, sous vided, shocked, fridged, dried, rubbed with corn oil and then cowboy rub, left on the indirect side of my very hot grill to retherm, then seared on the sear station for ~30 seconds a side. Slices are different thickness because wife wanted paper thin ones and I wanted steak sections.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            I love how the site likes to put my pictures up upsidedown. It gives a trippy quality to my kitchen.

Left over shaved brisket tossed in wing sauce, a dab of ranch and BE-s on the side. BBQ sauce and pringles are vegetables .. right?

Comment

This pic is a little deceitful since I cooked it a few days ago, but it was my last cook....so therefore it's my most current. And if I hadn't said this just now no one would know anyway, so here it is....

Wet brined then homemade-sauced chicken legs. Cooked on the kettle + SnS with mulberry wood chunks. Cooked to 185. I also cooked some non-sauced ones with herbs, and the winner by a very long shot were these. The boys were upset when the last one was eaten.

Name:	IMAG0188_1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	194765

Comment

Did the Steakburger recipe for dinner tonight. Our son was making a surprise visit from out of state so I decided to make his favorite food. I went to my local Publix and got a 3.38 lb. chuck roast. I asked the guy to grind it for me using the big plate. I also asked him to add 4-6 oz. of extra fat to increase the fat percentage to at least 25%.
              I had made the Brioche bun that Breadhead had developed over at Stella Culinary. I have made two batches of the buns; the second batch was much better than the first except for the egg wash. I accidentally added too much water and the wash was a bit thin. Lesson learned. Breadhead suggested leaving the water out next time and that is my plan. I have had the Sweet & Sour pickle chips so I sliced some fresh tomato, some iceberg lettuce and cooked a pan of bacon in the oven. Also had some french fries and corn on the cob.
              Everyone loved everything but I did have a slight issue with the burgers trying to fall apart on the grill. I didn't pack them tight per the recipe but next time I will pack them a bit tighter. Click image for larger version

Name:	0714161717a.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	195075 Click image for larger version

Name:	0714161626.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	195076 Click image for larger version

Name:	0713161726.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	195077 Click image for larger version

Name:	0714161722.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	195078 Click image for larger version

Name:	0714161703.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	195079
              All in all, a very nice dinner!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Great job FLBuckeye ... Those burgers & buns look really good.😜 I love seeing you guys making Meathead 's Steakhouse Steakburger with my buns. That's exactly why I created that bun recipe.
                Last edited by Breadhead; July 14, 2016, 05:51 PM.

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful buns and burgers! Congrats on your cook!

Little Lamb Chops....Gorgonzola sauce...

Name:	IMG_2869.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	195165 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2870.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	195166

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Gorgonzola belongs on red meat, so good. Nicely done!

• martybartram
                martybartram commented
                Editing a comment
                awesome plate!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here