Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time on doing lollipop chicken legs. I did these on the 26" kettle with the XL SnS. Sprinkle them with MMD and about 15 mins after they were done I dip half of them in Frank's hot pepper sauce and the other half in the Texas rib candy. Then put back on grill long enough to set the sauce. Served them with leftover bake beans and loaded bake potato salad. Pretty dang tasty 😊
    Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! They look fine!

Did some brisket on the Weber Summit Charcoal for mothers day. Turned out great!

Comment

Mother's Day!

We started the day at my parents'. On the menu was steak and eggs. Sous Vide the meat for 1.5 hours at 131 and seared on the gasser. Scrambled eggs - Italian bread toast - hash browns and mimosas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	165271

For the afternoon/evening we went to the in-laws. We had a nice salad and 5 pizzas (4 were cooked using the kettle pizza). Lay down some lit coals, throw on a split log and lower the attachment and lid with the preheated stone inside.

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	165275

*Minimal sauce, sun dried tomatoes, feta, shredded mozzarella and hit with basil when it came out.

Name:	IMG_0496.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	165278

*Sicilian: Zesty sauce - sautéed bell pepper, poblano, onion (seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes) - fresh basil - topped with thin sliced proscuito - fresh mozzarella (I took a picture of it under construction but it got mangled coming out of the grill so I didn't take a picture of the final pie.

Name:	IMG_0498.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	165272

*Sauce - pepperoni - shredded mozzarella - shredded provologne - sprinkled oregano. It started out round but ended up misshapen.

Name:	IMG_0497.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	165276

* Sauce - (sparsely applied) - Swiss - white cheddar - feta - provolone - fresh mozzarella.

Name:	IMG_0500.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	165273

Name:	IMG_0501.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	165274

Deep dish Chicago style pizza which using a different crust recipe. Spicy crumbled sausage - ground pepperoni - lots mozzarella - sweet, deep tomato sauce (big can crushed tomatoes with the water strained out, a little salt, a little sugar and a little bit of the zesty sauce from the Sicilian). This was cooked in the oven.

Name:	IMG_0502.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	165277

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Talk about a pizza party!!

• kingdarb
        kingdarb commented
        Editing a comment
        Awww man that looks great. I haven't done a pizza yet on my KJ and this is really tempting me!

Fresh ribs from John Mull's Meats, 6 hours in the smoke with a glaze made from the wrap drippings, vinegar, and extra spices not in the rub.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks fantastic... Mmmm

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent photo!

• kingdarb
        kingdarb commented
        Editing a comment
        mmmmm ribs....

Happy Monday!
      After a week of cool and rain, getting this one off to a good start.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmmmmm

Forgot to post the end results of Saturday's cook.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SteveFromLafayette
        SteveFromLafayette commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir, Mainstays brand at Walmart. Think I paid about $3 for it. It's seen a good share of smoke!

• THoey1963
        THoey1963 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the BBQ sauce bottle. I bought a set of the Ketchup and Mustard squeeze bottles and just tape labels on them. "Spicy" for the Stubb's Spicy sauce and "Wimpy" for the Stubb's regular sauce. Where did you find that bottle?

• SteveFromLafayette
        SteveFromLafayette commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I found it at Walmart near the salt and pepper shakers. (The empty glass shakers)

THE MOTHERS DAY FEAST @The Johnston House was Pulled Pork Butt! Dry Brined for 24 Hrs with Kosher Salt and rubbed with Dan's Damned Good BBQ Rub Spritzed into Place with Apple Juice, Tarrogon Vinegar, Worsteshire Sauce and Equal parts Lemon & Lime Juice! On the Grill and S 'n S @10:45 AM @ 250* F, Apple and Hickory Chunks for Smoke! Temps Stalled @ 195* F @ 5:30 PM, Into the 375* F Oven until Temp was 203* F! Out of the oven onto the Platter! The Pics will hopefully give an idea of the Grill Temps and Butt Temps over 6 1/2 Hrs Cook! Sorry Gang some of The Pics are in the wrong order and just plain Wrong all attempts to delete them failed? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 9, 2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great Dan...

I bet your family loved it.👍

Salmon, cooked SV to 130F then glazed with a mixture of honey, bourbon and garlic, then seared with a torch. Served with fresh steamed and buttered green beans.

Name:	honey-bourbon-slamon.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	165518

Comment

Made a sammich for lunch with leftover brisket. Sliced some meat and put it in a foodsaver bag then simmered for a big. Brushed with some Blues Hog sauce, the on an onion bun with some onions, pickles and roasted red peppers. Had some German potato salad with it. It was a nice lunch! (sorry for blurry sammich pic)

Comment

Homemade smoked Turkey pie with SW seasonings:

- Smoked turkey chunks
        - Smoked turkey stock in roux base
        - Chilli powder and cumin in sauce
        - Fresh jalapeños
        - Corn
        - Black beans
        - Red peppers
        - Yams
        - Tenderflake pie crust
        - Topped with grated sharp cheddar right at the end of the bake

So delicious, I have three more SW pies and four more classic pies seasoned with thyme in the freezer.

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          I forgot to mention that there were also sautéed onions in the mix.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa! Nice. Hold the yams for me please.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a beautiful picture Ernest ... Is that saffron rice?

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Breadhead no saffron. Just a touch of madras curry powder, some golden raisins and almonds.

Mother's Day dinner on Sunday

Name:	Shepherd's Pie.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	165892
        Shepherd's Pie

Name:	Shepherd's Pie 2.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	165893
        One serving

Name:	Key Lime Cheesecake.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	165894
        Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert with whipped cream (it didn't get whipped stiff enough, but was still yummy!)

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          That's cookbook quality pie pic!

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I've been practicing. I built a counter top "studio" to properly light the food. I was very happy with the pie pic myself.

Taco Tuesday...😋

I made the taco's out of the leftover brisket i did last weekend. Taco's and retried beans. Mmmm
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          retried beans, if at first you don't succeed....

Dry aged ribeye cooked sous vide to 120ºF with garlic and fresh thyme in the bag, then seared in cast iron with butter. Served with Kenji's "Foolproof Béarnaise" that fzxdoc was raving about the other day. She was right. It is awesome.

Name:	Sous Vide Ribeye with Bearnaise.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	166140

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          garlic and thyme....winning combo!

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and the tarragon in the bearnaise. Looks amazing, Dewesq55 .

Kathryn

Pictures from past cooks.
        Last edited by Zappe'sBBQ; May 11, 2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice cooks, you got it going on keep them coming!

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great. What smoker is the one with the beans on it? It looks like mine. You shod cool out your signature with your equipment when you get a chance.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here