Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd smoke on my kettle. Working up to bigger pieces of meat as I go. First time was just hamburgers. Pork Tenderloin this time.

These are the pieces I grabbed for my plate and was impressed by my first real smoke ring, haha.

Baby steps...

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the bark and the smoke ring on those.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Chicken from the farm below. Rock Cornish Hens. Far better than store bought....Distinct flavor....Awesome skin...Moist breast. Unbelievable.....

Spatchcocked and cooked on The SnS....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9953.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	192733 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9954.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	192735 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9956.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	192734
    Attached Files
    Last edited by troymeister; July 9, 2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from the guy with the grill.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Chickens hate AmazingRibs.com!!!

I cooked chicken & pork ribs again in my PBC. Still need some practice as the ribs were too fall-off-the-bone. I like them with more bite. I also cooked some smashed roasted potatoes.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice cook...👍

Scooby snack from yesterday's whole brisket. Cheating burnt ends from the point cooked in duckfat and some BBQ sauce. Time to make another order...but here are a couple of picts...

Name:	IMG_4988.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	193096

Name:	IMG_4990.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	193097

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice burnt ends and I love potato salad. Beautiful!

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodness gracious!! Plus Duck fat?!

A couple racks of baby back ribs smoked today on my kettle with a Slow 'N Sear. Tasty. An hour of torrential downpours here in Florida wasn't going to stop me! Meathead's Memphis Dust and no sauce.

Name:	IMG_6644.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	193122

Name:	IMG_6642.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	193121

Name:	IMG_6648.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	193120

Comment

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      YEAH! That's just money! Kudos to you fuzzydaddy.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks CeramicChef. These ribs were from a store I've never purchased from and the price was not bad at $3.33 / lb. I also bought a butt to cook ($1.39 / lb.), hopefully this weekend. I only have my kettle here in Florida.

Cleaning out the refrigerator.

Pizza and lamb racks.

Comment

After last week's shiner city racks of "SLC" ribs, I felt the need for redemption, with meaty ribs. Costco 3 BBRs in cryovac to the rescue. With cherry chips in a packet and competition pellets in the tube, pronounced cherrywood flavor that I've been looking for.

Also did one of those ribeye steaks that I cut off my dry age project, smoke and sear. I had to do it on the warming rack for the reverse portion, so it went a bit faster than I thought it would. But had to slice. Another proof of concept thing. That's me, always proving a concept.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess you never thought of having a Shiner Bock with those ribs last cook, yet another concept you could have proved. "Rarely do people get 2 Shiners and enjoy 1"

Nice cook and cherry wood is my FAVORITE! Cherry coke, not so much.

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, back when I went to college, we took pride in being able to get Shiner Bock. Supposedly only three bars outside of Tx that sold it, then. Now, it's a four dollar draft at my neighborhood place that doesn't have an epic beer list. Still love it though.

So I get home from work today, and the wife asks if I am up to making dinner. "Sure!" I said, without thinking about it. Well dang, all I had thawed was a choice London Broil, or a pork loin. I opted for the London Broil. Now I know that it is not the greatest cut of meat to grill, but I thought, "what the heck, let's see how good I really am!" So I guick prepped that baby with kosher salt and Montreal steak seasoning, and plunked it in the fridge. I got the fire going, and started some MH sweet potato fries. After sitting in the fridge a little more than an hour, the steak was ready for the grill. I got the sweet potatoes going on the gasser, and then plunked that choice London broil on the indirect side of SnS with 1/2 chimney of coals. I thought, "here goes. I could be screwing up almost 3 pounds of meat!" Not going back now. Trusting my knowledge gained from AR, I soldiered on. I hit 115 IT and took the lid off, and opened the bottom vent wide. My neighbor was looking on enviously as I flipped that lovely cow flesh and let the smoke blow over his way! 😜
      I pulled it at 130 IT, and for once, everything was ready at the same time. 😎
      Bottom line? It was by far not the best steak I have ever done, but it was very, very good! Served up with MH sweet potato fries, regular fries, and sautéed squash combo, it was a very good meal.

I couldn't have pulled it off without the knowledge that I have gained from this site. Or without my daughter's help with the squash! I love AR.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Thunder77; July 10, 2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Great job on that chunk of protein.

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a gorgeous cook, Joe! Kudos to ya.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, guys!

Working my way through the Weber "Smoke" and its clone, "The Summit Charcoal Grill Cookbook". Tonight was 'Spiced and Smoked Chuck Roast" (TSCGC p. 62). Only about two hours of cooking on the grill (indirect) after two hours of braising, but this is a stunningly good result for a difficult piece of beef. Be sure to tie up the roast to ensure consistent cooking AND to cut across the grain.

The basting sauce is also excellent and reminds me of a basting sauce a family friend from Northern Louisiana introduced us to circa 1954 as a wet rub/dipping sauce for spare ribs. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3119.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	193206

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Hard to beat a chuck.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        So many of the techniques recommended in the Weber Summit Charcoal Cookbook fly in the face of Meathead's recommendations that I have yet to try one of their recipes, Harry . I'm going to look this one up, though, because you made it look so doggone good!

• Harry
        Harry commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc - I followed the recipe re: ingredients but followed "The Science" for actual cooking. Well, wife did the braising so I left that part to her. Thx.

Did some country style ribs on the kettle & SnS and they were great
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude!!

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm getting better at bbqing Ernest and no ceramic oven was involved

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Want. Now.

BBQ chicken at 350 F to an IT of 160 on Weber kettle and SnS. Dry brined with even parts Tony Cacherrie, baking soda and black pepper for a couple of hours. Smoked with some apple wood. Still working on getting a stable 325-350 with half a chimney of lighted KBB. Seems like I have to go wide open on lower vent and 1/2 on top to barely keep temp. That doesn't seem to be SOP with SnS, so something is odd. Any tips with fast and short in SnS? Got my 225 dialed in, but 325 fast and slow not so much. I think the added complication with how many briquettes is stumping me so far. M

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Mitch and Tony do a cook good

Getting in touch with my [imaginary] Lebanese roots with some Chicken Shawarma.

The marinade for some boneless, skinless chicken thighs:

Name:	IMG_1283.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	193380

Authentic Shawarma is cooked on a vertical rotisserie with the thighs threaded over the spindle, gyro-style. Took some effort, especially in defying gravity, but finally got my Kamado Joe in position:

Name:	IMG_1294.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	193381

Okay, I'm cheating with a rotisserie basket on my Joetisserie:

Name:	IMG_1297.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	193382

And 40 minutes later:

Name:	IMG_1307.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	193383

But wait, there's more! Aye, cap'n, there be Pita on the CI griddle!

Name:	IMG_1311.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	193384

And the money! Wife made an Israeli Salad:

Name:	PlateOf.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	193385

Love the Kamado's versatility, easily switching from rotisserie to griddle. This thing flat out cooks!

Comment

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        Pequod - that's just MONEY! Kudos to you!

• Pequod
        Pequod commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks CC! Appreciate your feedback here and at KG. Tremendously fun cook. I'm turning into one of those obnoxious Kamado fanboys and loving it 😁

A little chicken stir fry. I marinated then cooked the chicken on the Weber. The veges were done on the stove so that I could make a pan sauce. Served with rice, (of course), and the beverage of choice.
      The grilled chicken took this dish up a notch.

Name:	A07Y5251.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	193390
      Last edited by RonB; July 11, 2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

My all smoked dinner. The lamb was the showstopper. Served on the bone just dig in with your fingers. By the time cake came around I almost, yes almost could not eat.

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great, smoked lamb is awesome, it's highly underrated when it comes to Q.

• Splatt44
          Splatt44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          How did the smoked cheesecake turn out? Never would have thought of that.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here