Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Meat-Up in Memphis

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

BBQ Stars

SPOTLIGHT

Some Of Our Favorite
Tools And Toys

These are not ads. These are products we love and highly recommend. Click here to read more about our medals and what they mean.

Placeholder

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

maverick PT55 thermometer

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here for more info on the Maverick PT-55 Waterproof Instant-Read Thermometer Review shown above. It may be the best value in a thermometer out there

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

slow n sear

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet's Dual Tube Burners

the good one grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King's proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read our complete review

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

the good one grill

The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with an offset smoke chamber attached. It is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

Griddle And Deep Fryer All In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all. Plus it has a built in cutting board, garbage bag holder, and paper towel holder. An additional work table on the left side provides plenty of counter space.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers in the hardware stores because temperature control is so much easier. Best of all, it is only 9 delivered to your door!

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Swiss Army Knife Of Thermometers

Placeholder

The smart folks at ThermoWorks have finally done it: The Swiss Army Knife of thermometers, two in one. Start with the industry standard food thermometer, the Thermapen MK4, (Platinum Medal winner) truly instant (2 to 3 seconds) precise (+ or – 0.7°F). Then they built in an infrared thermometer ideal for measuring the temps of pizza stones, griddles, and frying pans (also great for finding leaks around doors and windows in your house).

Click here to read our test results and comprehensive review and why it won our Platinum Medal.

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Placeholder

Char-Broil's Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you're off to the party! Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

NK-22-Ck Grill

Their NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Placeholder

G&F Suede Welder's Gloves

Heat Resistant Gloves With Extra Long Sleeves Hold The Hot Stuff

If you're using oven mitts at the grill, it's time to trade up. Say hello to these suede welder's gloves. They're heat resistant enough to handle hot grill grates, and flexible enough to handle tongs. The extra long sleeves even let you reach deep into the firebox to move hot logs without getting burned. Our Fave.

Click here to read our detailed review

Click here to order from Amazon

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

grill grates

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, keep small foods from committing suicide, kill hotspots, are easier to clean, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily removed and moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke to whatever is above. Every gas grill needs them.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

kareubequ bbq smoker

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

masterbuilt gas smoker

The First Propane Smoker With A Thermostat Makes This Baby Foolproof

Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Professional Steakhouse Knife Set

masterbuilt gas smoker

Our founder, Meathead, wanted the same steak knives used by steakhouses such as Peter Luger, Smith & Wollensky, Morton's, Kobe Club, Palm, and many others. So he located the manufacturer and had them stamp our name on some. They boast pointed, temper-ground, serrated, high-carbon stainless-steel, half-tang blades with excellent cutting edge ability. The beefy hardwood handle provides a comfortable grip secured by three hefty rivets. He has machine washed his more than 100 times. They have never rusted and they stay shiny without polishing. Please note that we do not make, sell, or distribute these knives, they just engrave them with our name.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

PK 360 grill

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Beautifully designed and completely portable. Meathead says it is his preferrred grill.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order it direct from PK and get a special deal for AmazingRibs.com readers only

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

fireboard bbq thermometer

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Davey Crockett Grill

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Save $100 by booking before November 28th,Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
See more
See less

Show Us What You're Cooking! - Volume 10, Summer 2018

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MNKennicutt
    Club Member
    • Mar 2018
    • Rochester, MN
    • Andy K.
      Cookin' in Southern Minnesota

Top | #286
    Beef roast and pork shoulder...
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      Club Member
      • Dec 2017
      • New Mexico

Top | #287
      Just love it when a tri tip comes out perfect!

While at the the grocery store today buying other stuff for the week, I took my usual walk by the meat counter. I was ever so tempted to get a tomahawk ribeye I spotted but went with tri tip instead so I could make a few meals out of it for the week.

It’s been a while since I’ve used the Smokin-It smoker so I pulled it out and got it ready. Normally I have done a Santa Maria rub on my tri tips but went with the Oak Ridge Carne Crosta rub to see how the flavors would be smoked and then seared. I sprinkled the rub on along with a little extra salt and let dry brine for about 3.5 hours. I Used chunks of oak and hickory wood and smoked at 225* until a target temp of 125 was hit, which took about 70 minutes. Then off to the gasser for a quick sear to tighten up the rub and a 15’ rest while I got the sides ready.

I really enjoyed the flavor of this rub. It went very well with the beefy flavor of the tri tip. Perfectly cooked and can’t wait to slice up some thin pieces for lunch!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by barelfly; July 15th, 2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! That's a good looking roast.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        That is stunning, especially the first two pics!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh baby come to papa !!!
    • Ernest
      Founding Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Dallas, Texas
      • Pit Barrel Cooker AKA The Chicken Whisperer, WSM 14.5 AKA Smokey, WSM 22.5 AKA Big Worm, Weber Performer Platinum. KARUBECUE

Top | #288
      Late to the party but I didn't come empty handed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jurassic.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	533116Click image for larger version

Name:	Jurassic beef.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	819.3 KB
ID:	533117

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice smokering on that beefrib

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest and beefy ribs !!! It's like Bogey and Bacall !!!
    • theroc
      Founding Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Altadena, CA
        • Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault
        • Buckaroo Chunk Wood Grill
        • Weber Summit Gold D Gas Grill
        • Fireboard
        • Thermapen MkIV

Top | #289
      Fired up the Buckaroo wood burner tonight to grill some grass fed New York strips and a half rack of back ribs from the quarter cow we got from 5 Bar Beef. Also grilled a bit of corn.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180715_171904.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.66 MB ID:	533139Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180715_172359.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.00 MB ID:	533140Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180715_175954.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.10 MB ID:	533141
      Last edited by theroc; July 16th, 2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
        Charter Member
        • Jul 2015
        • Bottom of Winnebago

Top | #290
        Did a ham with Chris Lilly’s Apricot glaze. I’ll be cookin all the hams from here on out. Click image for larger version

Name:	756815F3-7247-4901-B7AB-050164739B8F.jpeg
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	533185Click image for larger version

Name:	7F1A9D9F-EE9C-4BA8-B497-36E502FBF4ED.jpeg
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	533186Click image for larger version

Name:	CF49E732-D5F8-4916-B215-37D1B9DBBCDE.jpeg
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	533187

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, love the wok!

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman & barelfly yeah it’s steel. Got it at The Wok Shop.

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good. I think ham on the grill is awesome.
      • cftarnas
        Club Member
        • Jul 2018
        • The Town, CA

• Outdoor Cooking
          • Weber 26" Kettle w/ SnS XL
          • Weber Spirit E-320 w/ full GrillGrates
          • Char Broil Big Easy

Beverages
          • Favorite Beer: A good fresh IPA
          • Current Favorite Whiskeys: WhistlePig 10, Noah's Mill, Balvenie Caribbean Cask, Nikka Coffey Malt.
          • Cocktails: St. George G&T, WhistlePig Sazerac

Top | #291
        My first ribs, and my first time with the Slow N Sear...
        Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          “It did a great job” means.......... How did it taste is the question. C’mon we’re waiting. Let us know.

• cftarnas
          cftarnas commented
          Editing a comment
          It tasted fantastic, I used Memphis Dust, and glazed with Meathead’s KC sauce. I also made Aaron Franklin’s Fig Sauce, both were great, I preferred the KC.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice , especially fer yer first outin!
          I think that all looks good enough to eat til I busted!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 18th, 2018, 06:09 AM.
      • Rfuilrez
        Club Member
        • Aug 2015

Top | #292
        Started yesterday off with some pancakes, bacon and eggs. Used my new Blackstone griddle. Girlfriend got that for me for our anniversary.

Name:	B9C36734-C43E-45CA-9815-DA334B50159A.jpeg
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	533260

Before that thought I got 2 whole packers worth of pastrami into the PBC. Separated the muscles so cooked 4 hunks worth. Had pastrami sammiches for dinner.

Name:	903C73AA-BA2F-42FB-8100-B554058FD0A9.jpeg
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	533259

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          No better way to make a breakfast!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like ya had a really Great Day, filled with delicious food!
          Happy Anniversary, eat well!

• gabulldog
          gabulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great! Looks like Blackstone has changed the design of the griddle top with the grease going out the back? Post a pic of the back if you get a chance, looks like a much better setup than the previous generation...
      • HouseHomey
        Club Member
        • May 2016
        • Huntington Beach, Ca. Surf City USA.
        • Equipment
          Slow n Sear
          Drip n Griddle
          22" Weber Kettle
          26" Weber Kettle one touch
          Blackstone 36” Pro Series
          Sous vide machine
          Kitchen Aid
          Meat grinder
          sausage stuffer
          5 Crock Pots
          Akootrimonts
          Two chimneys (was 3 but rivets finally popped, down to 1)
          cast iron pans,
          Dutch ovens
          Signals 4 probe, thermapens, chef alarms, thermapop and maverick T-732 and various pocket instareads.
          The help and preferences
          1 extra fridge and a deep chest freezer in the garage
          KBB
          A 7 year old princess foster child
          Patience and patio furniture
          Lots of ice cubes
          "Baby Girl" The cat

Erik S.

Top | #293
        Last nights dinner. Self explanatory Sorry, too hungry for the finished pic.

Name:	IMG_3169.JPG
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	533291

Name:	IMG_3190.JPG
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	533292

Name:	IMG_3192.JPG
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	533293

Name:	IMG_3214.JPG
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	533294

Name:	IMG_3199.JPG
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	533295

Name:	IMG_3226.JPG
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	533296

Name:	IMG_3221.JPG
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	533297

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          I always enjoy the “other stuff” you prep for your meals. Always have aromatics and fixings to go with! Shrooms here, onions and grilled lemons a few days ago. Love it!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yuuuuuup!

• gabulldog
          gabulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking grind on those burgers...
      • clb239
        Club Member
        • Oct 2016
        • Farmville, Va
        • Smokers / Grills
          Weber 22" w/ SnS & GrillGrates
          Pit Barrel Cooker
          OKJ Bandera
          22" Blackstone
          Meadow Creek PR42G

Thermometers
          Lavatools Javelin
          Thermoworks Thermopen mk4
          Maverick XR-50
          Maverick ET-732
          Maverick ET-735

Top | #294
        Took the PBC on a road trip Saturday to fix some Pork Belly Burnt Ends for a cookout...

Name:	Pic 3.png
Size:	682.8 KB
ID:	533330Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1.png
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	533331Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC 2.png
Size:	574.9 KB
ID:	533332

Comment

• gabulldog
          gabulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          The PBC was made for the road! So easy to transport...
      • Keiferr
        Club Member
        • Jun 2018
        • Southeast Michigan

Top | #295

Name:	6B5239BC-72C7-4700-A18F-D9BDFEE271D1.jpeg
Size:	5.32 MB
ID:	533347Click image for larger version

Name:	2D104AFF-0DD0-4C66-8368-500D18EE9261.jpeg
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	533346 I posted Saturday about smoking 40# of pork butts for a car show Sunday. Lots of good comments, thanks! Ended up with about 30# cooked. Used all but about 5 lbs of it and grilled about 250 hot dogs, and over 200 burgers. And to top it off wife won an “Outstanding in Class” trophy for her truck in its first show! Good weekend!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          One very successful weekend, Congrats to all there!

• Keiferr
          Keiferr commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones, enlarge the top pic. I think you'll like the license plate.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, spied Th Hook, first thing, in silhouette
          It's even grander, zoomed in, with th purple sparkly frame!
          AhOohRah!
          Once again, congrats to Mama, fer winnin th trophy! Nee-ice Ram!
      • Troutman
        Member Recipe Director
        • Aug 2017
        • Republic of Texallence

• OUTDOOR COOKERS
          22" Weber Kettle - Red Premium Limited Edition
          6 Burner Weber Summit Gasser
          22" and 18" Weber WSM Smoker
          18” Jumbo Joe
          36" double door Lyfe Tyme offset stick burner (SOLD !)
          Pitts & Spitts Pellet Pro 2436
          BBQ ACCESSORIES
          Classic Thermopen
          Thermoworks SMOKE
          Fireboard Pro with Pit Viper fan
          Grill Grates
          SNS for the 22" Weber kettle
          A-MAZE-N Smoker 12" Tube & Tray
          Weber stainless veggie basket
          Weber stainless fish basket
          Weber stainless rib rack
          Phat Mat cooking mats
          Barbestar BBQ Cooking Gloves
          WOOD & PELLET PREFERENCES
          For Beef (brisket, beef ribs, large clods/roasts) = 100% mesquite, oak or hickory
          For Chicken & other fowl = competition blend, cherry/oak/hickory
          For Turkey = 100% hickory or competition blend
          For Pork Shoulder = mesquite, oak or hickory
          For Pork Chops or Ribs = 100% applewood
          SOUS VIDE
          Anova Immersion Circulator 900 watt & 12 & 18 quart Rubbermaid containers with hinged sous vide lids
          INDOOR COOKWARE
          Generic Calphalon non-stick cookware set of pots and pans
          12" & 14" All-Clad Stainless skillets
          Cast Iron 12" skillet by Victoria
          La Creuset Cast Iron 7 quart Dutch Oven - Yellow Round
          La Creuset Cast Iron 7 quart Dutch Oven - Cherry Oval
          Old Revere Wear Copper & Stainless Pots (handed down)

JA Henckels 15 piece Stainless Knife Set
          Victorinox 12" Fibrox Pro Slicing Knive
          Victorinox 6" Curved Boning Knife
          Set of Dalstrong Japanese Steak Knives

Top | #296
        Although I realize pulled pork is the sacred cow around these parts, the wife and I really prefer pork steaks. I had my meat cutter take a Heritage shoulder and steak it out. Threw about 6 - 1 1/2" steaks in the freezer for consumption at a later time. Pulled out two for dinner the other night. Salt brined and seasoned....

Name:	pork steak 01.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	533349

....got them on the kettle with SNS and fan control, held 250* for about 3 hours until they got up to 160* internal....

Name:	pork steak 02.jpg
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	533350

....at that point I brought them into the house and wrapped them like you would pork ribs. Used a little butter and light brown sugar in the foil. Back on the kettle to tenderize, cranked the heat to 325* (fan control had it there in minutes).....

Name:	pork steak 03.jpg
Size:	779.6 KB
ID:	533351

....once the steaks got to about 190* IT, probed them for tender then back in the house for some saucing (Blues Hog this go round!!). Back on the smoker to set the glaze, also put on some pre-cooked scalloped potatoes to take on some smoke (they turned out amazing, only way to do it !!).....

Name:	pork steak 04.jpg
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	533352

...plated up and ate this deliciousness. Love me some pork steaks !!!!

Name:	pork steak 05.jpg
Size:	976.1 KB
ID:	533353

Comment

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          That's interesting. Would you consider this basically ribs but in a steak form? Similar texture?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really it's more meatier like beef chuck, it's just that you approach it in a similar manner as you would ribs in this case.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Great Job, Brother!
          Loves me some pork steaks; we had em way often, in MO!
      • HawkerXP
        Club Member
        • Jul 2016
        • Northern Virginia
        • 3 Weber kettles, and a PBC
          Thermopop
          Dot w two probes
          Slo n Sear
          Cold beer

Top | #297

Name:	CDD4EBD5-EF6C-480B-9251-11E3D44841E8.jpeg
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	533362Click image for larger version

Name:	5996E391-E5DE-4202-86DC-2FCD951603DC.jpeg
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	533363 3racks, Costco, thunder in the distance. Click image for larger version

Name:	B5BB423A-AC2F-4C9F-BA70-7B593EC075E1.jpeg
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	533361

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice set up Hawk!

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          No cracked lid there, not with those bricks.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Was running a little hot. FireMan
      • efincoop
        Club Member
        • Jan 2016
        • Upstate NY, by upstate I don't just mean 30 miles north of NYC ;-)
        • Webber Performer Premium 22"
          Vision Classic B (Kamodo) Grill
          Lavatools Javelin Digital Instant Read Thermometer
          Maverick ET-732 Remoter Remote BBQ Thermometer
          Beer: I love IPA's. Davidson Brother's (Glens Falls NY) is one of my favorites
          Wine: I like big reds - Cabs, Zins, etc.
          Straight Whiskey: I'm a bourbon guy. All time favorite Pappy Van Winkle 12 year. Standard go to Blantons
          Blended Whiskey: James Oliver American Whiskey

Top | #298
        I picked up some chipotle seasoned bacon at my local farmer's market on Saturday and made candied bacon with it yesterday. It came out very good, not too sweet and just a subtle kick of heat.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20180715_123817.jpg Views:	2 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	533375Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20180715_104950.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	533376Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20180715_104708.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.15 MB ID:	533377

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          The glory of bacon knows no bounds!
      • customtrim
        Former Member
        • Dec 2016
        • stow ohio

Top | #299

Name:	20180716_185417.jpg
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	533500 Just a lonely ribeye cooked with some applewood, have to share with the dogs. No greens I prefer to eat them straight out of the garden instead Click image for larger version  Name:	20180716_185328.jpg Views:	1 Size:	998.7 KB ID:	533497Click image for larger version  Name:	20180716_185353.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	533498 of cooked

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Woof, woof .....

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          WoW or as a Texan said, woof!

• Fire Art
          Fire Art commented
          Editing a comment
          Call me what ever you like if I get diner
      • shify
        Club Member
        • Jun 2017
        • Westchester County, NY

Top | #300
        Busted out the new lodge cast iron griddle. Simple sliders. 2 oz of 85% ground chuck, American cheese and a martins potato roll.

Name:	E5DB2B3D-85C2-49FB-B1B5-E5E6DE02BC68.jpeg
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	533531

Name:	11751661-527B-42F7-810A-3992F888ADED.jpeg
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	533530Click image for larger version

Name:	E00FC3CB-1B58-4490-857B-2FF92AED5284.jpeg
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	533529

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m comin’ to your house for one of those

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Great Job, love th mastic float, as well!

• gabulldog
          gabulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking setup! Love the bun stacking technique...

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2020

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Save $100 by booking before November 28th,Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis2020)
      See more
      See less

About this website. AmazingRibs.com is all about the science of barbecue, grilling, and outdoor cooking, with great BBQ recipes, tips on technique, and unbiased equipment reviews. Learn how to set up your grills and smokers properly, the thermodynamics of what happens when heat hits meat, as well as hundreds of excellent tested recipes including all the classics: Baby back ribs, spareribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, burgers, chicken, smoked turkey, lamb, steaks, barbecue sauces, spice rubs, and side dishes, with the world's best buying guide to barbecue smokers, grills, accessories, and thermometers, edited by Meathead.

This site is brought to you by readers like you who support us with their membership in our Pitmaster Club. Click here to learn more about benefits to membership.

Advertising on this site. AmazingRibs.com is by far the most popular barbecue website in the world and one of the 50 most popular food websites in the US according to comScore, Quantcast, Compete, and Alexa. Visitors and pageviews increase rapidly every year. Click here for analytics and advertising info.

© Copyright 2005 to 2019 by AmazingRibs.com. All text, recipes, photos, and computer code are owned by AmazingRibs.com and protected by US copyright law unless otherwise noted. It is a US Federal crime to publish or distribute anything on this website without permission. But we're easy! We usually grant permission and don't charge a fee. To get permission, just click here. And you don't need permission to link to us.

Our Privacy Promise, Terms of Service, Code of Ethics. AmazingRibs.com promises to never sell or distribute any info about you individually without your express permission, and we promise not to, ahem, pepper you with email or make you eat spam. We are GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulations as passed by the European Union). GDPR requires that we be willing to delete any info we have about an EU resident if you request it. We go a step further. We extend this right to anyone, EU resident or not. For more about our privacy promise, code of ethics, terms of service, and how we operate to insure you unbiased info, click here.

Working...
      X