Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use main burner(s) AND back rotisserie burner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use main burner(s) AND back rotisserie burner?

Breaking in a Broil-King Regal gas w/rotisserie. Meathead's recipe says to set main burner(s) at low and use back roti burner to get 325 degrees. My grill's owner's manual says, "Warning: do not operate the main burner simultaneously with the rear burner". Any thoughts on/experience with this? What's the risk if I use one or more main burners with the back burner?

Well beyond my wheelhouse, amigo! Th Smart Folks'll show up soon, though! Until then:
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, an Welcome to Th Pit!
    Hope ya stick around, so I can cheat offa yer test papers!

Comment

My thinking is you have the thing "Wide open" with all burners for too long, maybe too much heat saturation and could heat damage something, I have played with using the rotisserie burner and other/all grate burners to compare temperatures in the grill with no problems, just not "Wide Open"

Comment

Originally posted by MrMetz101 View Post
        Breaking in a Broil-King Regal gas w/rotisserie. Meathead's recipe says to set main burner(s) at low and use back roti burner to get 325 degrees. My grill's owner's manual says, "Warning: do not operate the main burner simultaneously with the rear burner". Any thoughts on/experience with this? What's the risk if I use one or more main burners with the back burner?
        My Weber gasser has a similar caution. It's because the regulator has a safety device that will shut down gas flow if it "thinks" you've got a serious leak. Basically, the regulator is designed to feed all main burners but if you add in anything extra (like your rotisserie ...and my sear station ... burner), you'll likely trip the regulator safety ("bypass") feature and will then need to reset it to restore normal operation.

Comment

I usually start with the rear burner, but once the meat gets a good sear, I shut down the rear burner and use one or more of the lower burners for heat.

Comment

I’ve tried the low burner/back burner on my Weber Summit and it works but develops too much heat. Like others I use the lower to start then the upper to sear.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here