Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A big chance to promote American BBQ here in Wenzhou, but I need 10-12 bar-friendly dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Chinese are looking for Novel, and you can get them, Rocky Mountain Oysters. and ordinary deep fried pig skins, heavily salted, of course, to sell drinks.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That's upscale!

Can you make jalapeno poppers with canned jalapenos? All I can find are La Costena canned Jalapenos. Meathead's recipe calls for fresh, which are unavailable.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think so. Are there any other similar sized peppers available? You could use cherry peppers, or fresnos.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      No, those are basically pickled, and wouldn't work like a fresh pepper.

All great ideas. As Karen said smoke and seal in vacuum bags then reheat in hot water. It may solve a lot of problems if you smoke off site and bring everything in vacuum bags. Moink balls or or you try some Argentine favorites like Mojellas (lymphus gland), rub in Memphis dust, smoke em slice then sear in herbed butter. On the grill you can also cook chinchulin (pig small intestine (wash, grill until crispy then cover in lemon juice).
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, smoking offsite is waaaay too much trouble. It's a busy kitchen, it's not gonna work.

I have my doubts about indoor smoking. I'm gonna pick up that indoor smoking pan while I'm in the States but I'm not optimistic. We all piled in to the owner's car yesterday and went to the import supermarket and bought a ton of stuff, then went to the lounge where I spent hours in the kitchen teaching the cook how to make different dishes. Meathead's Memphis Rub, BBQ Chicken thighs, pork & vegetable kebabs, nachos, fried shrimp, Bacon Wrapped Meatballs, Pickled Red Onions, and Vinaigrette Marinade were made. Waiting on some things to arrive from Taobao, then I'll go back and teach some more. Planning on fried onions, fried calamari rings, cracklins, and fried pickles. Jalapeno poppers are off the menu due to a lack of fresh jalapenos. Even my buddy with the jalapeno plants can't help, nor my Mexican friend in Shanghai.

If the boss chooses the items for the menu, I get to name them. Meathead's Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs will be one. Will name another one after myself, maybe the fried pickles. Maybe I can name some dishes after helpful forum members. We'll see.

Comment

A recipe for Chingalingas made with chicken, salt, garlic, bay leaf, shortening, onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken

Instead of using tortillas you could make wontons out of the chicken filling.

Comment

Hot pretzels with beer cheese dip is always a good bar snack.

Comment

I've just been informed, that at long last, the joint will open on Sunday night. We'll see what made the cut and what didn't.

My buddy told me I'd get to name the menu items, but he went ahead and printed the menus without consulting me. I was going to name the dishes after all the kind forum members here who helped me, but that's out the window now. Well anyway on Monday I'll post some photos of the dishes and how they came out. Thanks to everyone again!

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Lookin' forward to your post.

I've always found the best bar-friendly plates and dishes on Amazon.

Oh - never mind...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here