Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftovers again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftovers again!

The truth is, I’m just not crazy about leftovers. The exception is if I can repurpose to make something entirely different. I’ll keep BBQ pork to stuff in jalapeños, I also stuff in egg rolls with Cole slaw.

This morning, I have a bunch of left over tri tip, made way too much last night. Making tacos or sandwiches is the obvious use, but looking for something entirely new. Any ideas??

Don’t know how much tri-tip you have leftover but you can sauté some onions and peppers with some fajita seasoning and cut the tri-tip into strips, apply a little fajita seasoning on them as they are heating. Get a package of fajita wraps and enjoy.

Comment

Here are a few more ideas.

10 Meal Ideas for Leftover Pulled Pork
      Add to Red Beans and Rice
      Use in Jambalaya
      Pulled pork, whether it’s smoked over a pit or simmered in a slow cooker, is a great dish for feeding the family – but there are almost always leftovers. Generally speaking, few family members are delighted to hear they’re having last night’s dinner all over again. So we’ve put together 10 meal ideas to make with pulled pork. And they all taste so delicious your family will never know that they are eating leftovers. If you have another go to solution for pulled pork, please share it in the comments.
      Pulled Pork Quesadillas- Spread ½ cup pull pork, ½ cup cheese, and 2 tablespoons corn kernels over one half a 10” flour tortilla. Fold tortilla and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning once during cooking.
      Mac and Cheese- Perfect on a cold winter night, our recipe for Sweet Heat Mac & Cheese combines pulled pork, four different cheeses and Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q sauce for a delicious twist on a favorite ultimate comfort food.
      Tacos- Heat up pork and serve over corn tortillas with shredded cabbage, corn salsa, and sour cream.
      Pizza- Top a 12” pre-cooked pizza crust with ¾ cup Stubb’s Original, 1 cup pulled pork, ½ green bell pepper, and 1 ½ cups cheese. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
      Pulled Pork Roll-Up- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on an 8” tortilla. Top with ¼ cup warm pulled pork, sliced red pepper, and shredded cabbage. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and roll.
      Meat Pie- Mix 2 cups pulled pork with ¾ cup barbecue sauce. Roll out two sheets of puff pastry dough and cut into 8-inch rounds. Fill the center of each round with pulled pork then fold over and seal edges with a fork. Cook at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and cook for an additional 40 minutes (or until golden brown).
      Nachos- Top tortilla chips with warm pulled pork, black beans, jalapenos and cheese on an oven safe platter. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted. Top with salsa and sour cream.
      Scramble- Mix 3 eggs, ½ cup pulled pork, 2 tablespoons minced onion and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Cook in a greased skillet over medium heat until eggs are cooked through.
      Pulled Pork Hash- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add ½ onion, diced and 3 yukon potatoes, halved and sliced. Cook until potatoes are tender and start to brown. Add 1 cup pulled pork and cook until potatoes are crispy. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with fried egg, if desired.
      Cowboy Beans- Substitute 2 cups pulled pork for the ground beef and pork sausage in this classic recipe forCowboy Beans.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        just off the top of your head? wow!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        A few ideas?

Hash

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        You beat me to it... Hash was my top choice too!

I vote for Tri Tip Nachos!

Comment

Great ideas all, hash particularly!

Comment

Wait a minute, wait a minute here. What’s this votin stuff goin on? I smell a rigged election, yup.

Comment

I smell tri tip!

Comment

I'm making pulled pork pizza tonight. Some BBQ sauce as the pizza sauce, mozzarella, red onion and pulled pork.

Comment

Also whenever I make pulled pork, tri tip, chicken, or chuck roast I use the leftovers for salad. Nothing like a protein loaded salad. It's one of my favorite meals. I usually eat it about 5 times a week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TgcTxBhC9fnApfJxweAJ7NuuBuU8ZA33iK13GGJn_KX2l390woK5gW8OMYxzIy-MZCzLJOas_gck3Llpsks_To-YG8XKaKW60ceLg1JCp7j1cPasWG_sMHbpCR0_8yDtFAbk5anL_Mjed4yaUabfdJFIZ7FJzHEhCoijuNlFSHSt_CC__ja1BMlxvPS1nS9EKAEyO28KHb1CbYTDrHT6UzjPcWyz2VX7XvD_KakRuxkWMrgWMisRPL848TgtI5N
Views:	89
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	503222

Comment

• jgreen
                  jgreen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks delicious.

And here are last night's leftovers in pizza form.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180521_191938.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	503316

Comment

I eat salads all week at work with alway cook extra meat for my salads. gravy re heated meat is always good for a quick meal never have left over steak I just can’t stop till it’s all gone almost forgot about Breakfast burritos

Comment

For tri-tip, I’d go hash or a shepherds pie. Sometimes with leftover steak I’ll also cube it up, sauté it briefly and serve over white or fried rice.

Comment

I also tend to do steak and eggs for breakfast when there's leftover tri tip.

Comment

One of the reasons I never cared much for left over steak is heating it up, it always gets over cooked. BUT I’ve discovered this is a great use for the Sous Vide.

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice. Cold steak on salads also avoids overcooking.

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        SV is one of the very best re-warming devices around.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here