Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm doing it right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm doing it right.

So I am doing it right. Catered for a 50th birthday party and was a huge success. For the first time I gave myself a good pass mark. I would give anything to have recorded the comments made about the food. That said the 1 brisket flat was a tad dry (picture below) while the other was close to excellent. The PP was a big hit and while unwrapping in the kitchen some birthday guests followed their nose and couldn’t help picking on the butt while I was shredding. One of the guests lived in America and I overheard him saying to someone that whenever there’s a get together in the USA this is almost always what’s on the menu. He approached me later and paid me a huge compliment quote "it is as good as any I’ve eaten in the states". Just what I needed to hear, that I’m on the right track. O what a rewarding evening. Thanks guy’s for making it all possible. Almost forgot the KC style BBQ sauce got many mentions to and the deli style slaw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180519-WA0004.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	502088Click image for larger version

Name:	20180519_190518.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	502089

Congrats on a successful cook. Compliments are an added bonus...

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I like compliments almost as much as the food.

Looks like good eats. Congrats on the good cook.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Pork butts & brisket!!! That's the way to introduce "true Q". Well done!!!

Comment

Congrats on the success of your catered event, holehogg . Sounds like you made a lot of folks happy with all of that good food.

Kathryn

Comment

Great story HH! You are da man!

Comment

Job Done! Looks good!

Comment

Oh yeah, you on the right track. Keep em cookin HH!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here