Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The meat is in and doing things I haven't before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The meat is in and doing things I haven't before.

The meat has met the cooker. Started the cook at 12h30 pm today without any hiccups besides serving a rather bland Mac & Cheese to my lunchtime eaters. Me and my mind were on the prep for the smoke and that absorbed all my concentration. No stress they are a very forgiving bunch. Think most of them assumed the smell coming from my wagon was their meal cooking. I have promised them in the coming week I will be doing PP for them, that may have played a part in their forgiveness. Cooking at a higher 245 for the first time and the cooker is holding temp between 115*C and 118*C. The 2 butts are at 63*C and the Brisket @ 66*C. I have decided to wrap when I hit the stall another first for me. I plan on unwrapping sometime before IT target temp of 203F and going naked until probe tender.

Smoke signals (and smells) from the wagon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180518_135124.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	501502Click image for larger version

Name:	20180518_144124.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	501503

Looks awesome! So you are doing this cook for serving tomorrow, or what? Or is this a practice cook?

I can't imagine doing smoked meat for a crowd at lunchtime for sale. I mean the stress... this stuff can be so hard to predict when it's going to be done, etc. Well... I've not wrapped but once, so I guess wrapping probably helps predict things a bit better.

Good luck, and more details on what you've got going on?

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      This cook is for a Birthday Party tomorrow. I serve 40 meals to truck technicians every lunchtime as well as sell to other customers throughout the day. I have served them PP once before and they constantly asking for me to serve it again. I'm able to get class A butts @ R49 / Kg at the moment hence the promise to have it on the menu next week.

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading about your journey in BBQ, and appreciate how much you you have grown in constantly challenging yourself and overcoming the problems that creep up. Well done.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the kind words. I'm loving the journey and everything that entails smoking. Only wish I have is there were more interest in SA. We stuck on BRAAI-ing only.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here