Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with different eating times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with different eating times.

10 pound Butt and 13 pound packer for a birthday party for 22 adults. Figuring it will be enough for about 4 ounces of each meat per person served with coleslaw and soft bun. The birthday boy’s father is 82 years old and diabetic and needs to be fed between 6 and 7 along with 2 other elderly guests (something to do with his insulin intake). The younger of the guests want to eat between 7-8 pm. I’m using BBBR and MMD and just thought maybe that rules him out altogether? My thoughts were if I go naked to the end with the cook then before wrapping for faux cambro I will remove some meat and wrap separately for the early eaters. If I wrap during the cook something I have never done before and am very keen on doing - would it be ok to open, separate some and then reseal before cambro or should I cambro and at 6ish take out for early eaters and reseal until the rest eat? No I did not suggest everyone eat early the host is keen on the later time.

I would split the butt in half and not put any sugar on one (even though it is very little) for the diabetic if they are no go on sugar.

I would split when putting to rest with respect to the brisket so you won't have to disturb the whole thing on the earlier feeding time.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I'm not keen on splitting the butt for 1 person but if I do = extra bark and then when I pull and mix the 2 halves together and add some MMD in then there shouldn't be much difference? Nuke em most of the guests are are in the 40 to fifties so don't think much of a denture prob.

I would split the butt and also the packer. Give the flat to the kids and the other to the adults. Softer meat also for the dentures. Less wear and tear for em.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here