Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallbladder Removal.. Need Lowfat Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallbladder Removal.. Need Lowfat Recipes

So.. I'm getting my Gallbladder ripped out tomorrow.. Anyone have any recipes low fat but still delicious that I can throw on the smoker? I don't know if Ill survive without smoked foods for 2 weeks..

Also.. Here's the tri-tip I'm currently smoking for my "Last dinner"

Click image for larger version

Name:	30740417_10211882713645730_6239089087257509888_n.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	485650

Dang, I woulda thunk they'da had ya fastin...
    Best wishes fer speedy recovery, I'll keep my eyebulbs peeled fer appropriate receipts!

Comment

• Keltonfoss
      Keltonfoss commented
      Editing a comment
      i have to fast from 12AM on, no drinks or food. Im not planning on gorging my self though, lol. Going to have a few bites of each and call it good. eating late so im not starving tomorrow

• Keltonfoss
      Keltonfoss commented
      Editing a comment
      and I appreciate it Bones! you always pull through!

Best wishes for the surgery, but don’t think I know any low fat recipes, except maybe vegetables.

Comment

Best wishes Keltonfoss sorry I can’t help you with any low fat diets. That’s not in my language. Haaaa
      seriously though take it easy and let yourself heal. Don’t push it. You’ll Be back in the saddle soon enough.
      Smoke on brother.

Comment

Also best wishes and enjoy that Tri-Tip.

Comment

Best of luck to you in your surgery. Smoked chicken, turkey and fish can be great alternatives, to the heavy meats, like beef and pork.

Comment

Good luck with the surgery. Sorry, but I don't do low fat.

However, stir fry on the grill can be mighty tasty and low fat too. Just wipe a little oil on the basket and go. Chicken and veggies turn out very well. Lean beef and lean pork will also work.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow. You’re probably looking at things like skinless chicken breasts, perhaps some seafood (trout will do), etc. You’ll have to stay away from Borrie’s for a while, though.
              Last edited by MBMorgan; April 18, 2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Oh man, here's to a successful procedure!!

Comment

Best wishes toward your surgery and recovery.

Comment

If you need to up your smoked/grilled low fat veggie game, grab one or two of these puppies. They produce some pretty awesome results ...

Comment

Good luck with your surgery. Assume they are doing it with laparoscopy? Recover isn't too bad that way. Low fat really isn't all that bad (for a while ).

Comment

Speedy recovery starting today Amigo. We can find some low fat stuff for you. Quinoa might be an item to run by your Doc. Get back to us when you are ready.

M.

Comment

Hope all goes well with you today, Keltonfoss . When it comes to which BBQ menu items you'll be able to eat, listen to what your doc tells you. She or he will steer you straight, I'm guessing.

Feel better soon.

Kathryn

Comment

I'd start with cooking that gall bladder. They're low fat.

Seriously, hope your procedure goes well and you recover quickly!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here