Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail Meatball sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail Meatball sauce

I know this is a bit off topic but I have been looking for a recipe for sauce for cocktail meatballs. I have a good recipe for meatballs but not for the sauce. This is for a bunch of guys for my Bullseye shooting club banquet. I didn't want to go with the usual grape jelly recipe but also not spicy since there will be about 65 people (yes, some women also, thankfully!). I like Meathead's Memphis Dust. Since Sweet Baby Ray is a popular BBQ sauce I decided to incorporate both. I saw the idea of adding rub to sauce in one of the sauce recipes in this forum. It really turned out very good! On a small scale, I used 2 TBSP Sweet Baby Ray to 1 TSP Memphis Dust. Also added a bit of water to thin it out. This was just a test. I will be making 150 meatballs and increasing the amounts accordingly.

If any of you have a recipe you like I would love to see it! I like mine very well but always looking for new ideas!

Welcome tom from wisc

Comment

Thanks DWCowles! I have been spending many hours looking at the ideas and recipes on this site. So much great info!

Comment

Welcome tom from wisc from Minnesota . Enjoy The Pit! I have used jellied cranberries mixed with BBQ Sauce. Maybe too close to Grape Jelly for you but the cranberries would fit with Wisconsin.

Comment

tom from wisc welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois. We have used jellied cranberry and marinara sauce as our go to on meatballs for years. We like it better than the grape jelly version. Enjoy the pit-lots of great ideas shared by members and moderaters.
          Last edited by Oakgrovebacon; April 1, 2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Sounds like yer onto sumpin Good!
            Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
            Nuthin off topic bout a receipt request, no worries, amigo!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tom.

Comment

Welcome!

Somewhere on the main site is an article about scaling recipes. You probably won’t need as much rub, proportionately, in a larger batch of sauce. Start with about half as much, and increase according to taste.

Comment

Thanks for the idea of jellied cranberries, I will give that a try. What ratio of BBQ/Marinara to jellied cranberries do you all use? Also thanks Mosca for the point of scaling the amount of rub to sauce, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Are the jellied cranberries in a jar, like in the jelly section of the store or are they refrigerated or frozen?

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
                    Oakgrovebacon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Canned cranberry sauce. 1 can cranberry sauce to 1 jar of marinara sauce(26-32 oz)

Welcome from Winnipeg. You could also go a bit more of an Asian flavor with either a hoisin sauce or teriyaki sauce. Add some green onions and garlic.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here