Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proud Papa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud Papa

Check out my son, Whalen, living up to his name and showing his college roommates how to make better than steakhouse steak in his apartment using reverse sear with his oven and trusty cast iron skillet!
    Attached Files

Nice! Sure can see the resemblance.

Comment

Oh to have Amazingribs while in college. Oh crap, oh to have the internet while I was in college.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey 3.53 with a TON of studying! As a professor veterinarian put it, "Broussard, you're one of the hardest working students we've ever had..you're not the smartest, but one of the hardest working."

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a lot to be said about consistency and determination. A little luck doesn't hurt either.

• PappyBBQ
        PappyBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Internet??!! I'd have loved a PC!! They didn't exist back then in the Paleozoic!

That's Great, Max!!!! Ya musta been a good teacher!

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        His first try! I just explained reverse sear to him over the phone and he nailed it! Of course he couldn't have done it without the digital instant read I equipped him with.

He did a fabulous job on cooking that steak.

Comment

Proud you must be Max. That steak looks perfect.
        Only problem I see for Whalen is that he’s gonna be called upon a whole lot to cook for his roommates.
        But that may also be a good thing.
        You buy the steaks. I cook them and eat for free.

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          He's already the house chef. His love of cooking has grown dramatically since he moved from the dorms and got an apartment with his pals. He cooks, they clean. Not a bad deal. They're looking for a bigger place where than can do some outdoor cooking.

• carolts
          carolts commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was in college (you know, back when they first invented fire) I was the only one in our group who could cook. Once I moved off campus, the deal I made was if you buy it, I'll cook it. I ate pretty well. Hope he works the same deal.

Wow max! First try? Seriously?? Proud papa indeed!! I see you sent home some glutamate too? Chip of the ole block.

Comment

Great job Dad. Everyone should learn to cook. Ya don't have to love it, but you never know when you will need to cook.

Comment

Great work, he will be a popular lad turning out goods like that! I hope he took a grill with him.
          Last edited by MeatMonster; April 1, 2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            He and his crew are looking into getting a bigger place with outdoor cooking.

You should be proud! Nice steak and great kid.

Kathryn

Comment

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Getting straight A's in Accounting!

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not surprised, Max Good . He obviously came from the deep end of an awesome gene pool.

Kathryn

Chip off the old block!

Comment

Whalen is now officially THE MAN !!!

Comment

That is awesome! Nice work Whalen. I wish I would have had this place when I was in College. Would have made much more than just burgers and brats! (Hockey pucks and door stops.)

Comment

Like Father---Like Son! Keep it rollin' Whalen!

Comment

Yup, I agree with Huskee , looks just like you, with hair!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here